IGNORED

Fundie Pretends to Be an Orthodox Rabbi in Jerusalem

Marserin

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2021/05/03/orthodox-rabbi-nj-accused-double-life-missionary-israel/4868837001/

This article is wild. A conservative Christian spent years in Israel pretending to be an Orthodox rabbi. He was aparently doing "missionary" work. He has also created a huge mess for others

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Fundie Pretends to Be an Orthodox Rabbi in Jerusalem

Wild doesn't even get close to the crazy: 

In the ultra-Orthodox enclave in Jerusalem where Elkohen now lives, he was often called on to perform marriages, circumcisions  and other sacred Jewish rituals.

?   ?   ? 

Edited by Howl
  • WTF 9

I wondered why Rick Joyner sounded familiar but he had his own thread recently.

Elk authored a book under the pseudonym "Orthodox Jewish Rabbi" for Morningstar Ministries, based in Fort Mill, South Carolina. In an interview, the group's founder, Rick Joyner, recalled Elk attending Morningstar conferences and praised his "remarkable" religious knowledge. 

"When people hear the word 'missionary,' they often think it means someone who is trying to convert them to Christianity, but that was not Michael's intent," Joyner said. "He was in Israel to help and to learn." 

Joyner has been in touch with Elk and said he was taking the controversy "pretty well." "The e-mails I got sounded upbeat," Joyner said.

Still, he predicts Elk will leave Israel because "it's too dangerous for him to stay there." 

Joyner denied sending Elk to Israel as a missionary, saying the two met after the New Jersey man moved to the Middle East. In a separate interview, the head of the "missions arm" of Morningstar grew angry when a reporter asked about the group's connections to Elk, calling it a "private" matter. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 5/3/2021 at 1:09 PM, Marserin said:

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2021/05/03/orthodox-rabbi-nj-accused-double-life-missionary-israel/4868837001/

This article is wild. A conservative Christian spent years in Israel pretending to be an Orthodox rabbi. He was aparently doing "missionary" work. He has also created a huge mess for others

Screw him.  I hope his life is made as miserable as possible, for his sake and as an example to others.  AFAIC, none of us Jewish people, ultra-Orthodox or not, should have to deal with that kind of garbage in disguise.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

This is so many kinds of fucked up I don't even know where to begin.  Gross.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Missionaries are bad enough but the ones who convert under false pretenses are the worst. My ancestors on my dads side are all Native Hawai'ian and the rape and theft of our culture and destruction of our independent society really started with the missionaries, specifically LDS ones. But the ones who try to sneak into "uncontacted tribes" thinking its worth the tribe dying off from diseases they're not immune to because of Jesus, or lying about your intentions to convert people who are resistant and worse those at risk and vulnerable who need real help not some BS religious dogma.

Ugh these types of people disgust me. To not have learned the dangerous effects of converting mass groups of people forcefully like they learned nothing from what happened to the Indigenous peoples of the America's and Oceania or worse they think it was worth it.... horrific.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, zee_four said:

Missionaries are bad enough but the ones who convert under false pretenses are the worst. My ancestors on my dads side are all Native Hawai'ian and the rape and theft of our culture and destruction of our independent society really started with the missionaries, specifically LDS ones. But the ones who try to sneak into "uncontacted tribes" thinking its worth the tribe dying off from diseases they're not immune to because of Jesus, or lying about your intentions to convert people who are resistant and worse those at risk and vulnerable who need real help not some BS religious dogma.

Ugh these types of people disgust me. To not have learned the dangerous effects of converting mass groups of people forcefully like they learned nothing from what happened to the Indigenous peoples of the America's and Oceania or worse they think it was worth it.... horrific.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

@HerNameIsBuffy Could you please remove the Tapatalk signature? Too much time has passed. I won't be using it anymore so there shouldn't be anymore banned signatures. Mahalo!

• Upvote 1