IGNORED

Rick Joyner

47of74

Praise the Lord and pass the ammo, Rick? 

MorningStar Ministries founder and pastor, Rick Joyner, pleaded with the "true disciples of Christ" in America to rise up and prepare for war with the "evil" forces which he baselessly claimed "stole" the November election from former President Donald Trump.

The longtime Fort Mill, South Carolina, pastor was introduced by evangelical televangelist Jim Bakker on his Monday broadcast as a Christian "prophet." Joyner claimed without evidence there is a "unified belief and deep conviction" among "true" U.S. Christians that the presidential election was rigged by President Joe Biden and the Democrats. Joyner urged Trump supporters and Christians alike to buy up arms in preparation for a coming "civil war."

Longtime Missouri-based program host Bakker, who is a convicted felon and was sued last March for selling a "coronavirus cure" to his viewers, pressed Joyner to explain how "cancel culture" is destroying the foundations of America. Neither man mentioned that their church members were part of the early 2000s effort to "cancel" the Harry Potter book series over witchcraft concerns.

"It will be a civil war and it's going to be increasingly worse with the increasing time it takes for Americans to stand up and push back against this evil that has taken over our land," Joyner said on Monday's The Jim Bakker Show. "You know, there's a time for peace and a time for war it says in [Book of the Bible] Ecclesiastes, well, we're not headed towards peace right now, we're headed towards conflict of war. And we need to prepare for it. We need to put out the word that people need to be prepared."

Because of guys like Joyner we can’t have nice things.  We have to leave the guard in the Capitol because he and under fundies stir up these terrorists. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another father of the year

Rev. Rick Joyner is calling for Christians to buy weapons for a coming "civil war." But according to a New York Times column, the pastor is labeling his own children as being "evil." He's the same pastor who in 2016 compared Donald Trump to the disciples of Jesus. He also told his followers in 2013 that he was praying for a military coup against former President Barack Obama. 

Columnist Nicholas Kristof noted in his Sunday piece that Rev. Joyner suggests liberals are allies of the devil.

"He talks about Democrats being evil, forgetting that all five of his kids vote Democratic," his eldest child Anna Jane Joyner said. "Who is he asking his followers to take up arms against? Liberal activists? That's me."

She and her family are concerned that such right-wing rhetoric could ultimately get people killed. After the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol, those demanding followers take up arms against Democrats are drawing an increasing amount of scrutiny. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

Rick Joyner said:

"It's about even," he said. "One of my goals as a parent was to raise strong, independent children. But I think I overshot the runway."

I think he did just right!  For those that didn't read the linked article, all five of his kids are Democrats and at least one is a progressive activist. 

And yes, there's a high probability that his insane rhetoric will get someone, or a lot of people, killed. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I loved reading that all 5 kids are Democrats and completely disagree with their father. It gives me hope that a lot of other kids we read about on FJ will grow up to disagree with their parents’ harmful beliefs. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, Howl said:

I think he did just right!  For those that didn't read the linked article, all five of his kids are Democrats and at least one is a progressive activist. 

He set a goal as a parent and succeeded.  With 5 kids to boot, not a single one turned out to be a Daddy's "mini me".   Which makes me wonder if they looked at how their Dad was while growing up and decided not to be like him. 

Usually when something repeats itself, there is a common denominator which in this case is....Dad.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Is he divorced? 

I really wish the anger emotion was neutral, because he makes me angry! 

Also screw Jim Bakker for giving this guy a platform!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I think the kids said their mom is sort of in between. Beliefs wise she’s not as extreme as their dad but not liberal like them.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

38 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Also screw Jim Bakker for giving this guy a platform!

IIRC his ministry's property holdings include part of the former Heritage USA theme park complex which, of course, was Bakker's pet project before his fall from grace.   And has been tussling with the local county over the unfinished, crumbling 21 story building on that same property.  

• Thank You 4

I read somewhere that all of his assets are in his wife Lori’s name because he still owes a boatload of back taxes to the IRS.

• Thank You 5