IGNORED

Kim Davis, now a preacher!

Granwych

The one and only Kim Davis of refusing to issue marriage licenses to gays fame, is now becoming a preacher.  Who'd have thought she'd be voted out of the office for refusing to do her job?  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 11

She will fail. She’s a woman first of all. And second, she’s been divorced a lot. Bigots liked her because she refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples. Not because they care what she thinks and preaches about. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Of course she's a preacher. Anyone can do that, it isn't something one legally needs any credentials to do, unless one is performing weddings or things like that, and even then it varies by state.

• Upvote 9

I guess she figured that if her two most prominent personality traits are preachiness and a huge ego, she might as well get paid for them.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s a woman first of all.

Isn't she Pentecostal though? Unlike most fundies, a lot of them actually accept women preachers. Aimee Semple McPherson is an example of a famous Pentecostal preacher. And Paula White is a famous woman preacher who has been married three times.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

@Rachel333 @Granwych I grew up Assemblies of God* which is a more mainstream and organized Pentecostal denomination, and one of the most significant Evangelical denomations out there. Women in ministry is a staple, and that is a tradition carried down from old school Pentecostalism, the vein which Davis comes from. It is a strange concept as Patriarchal ideals are preached and practiced in certain respects throughout Pentecostalism/Foursquare/AG, but in many of these churches, when a woman runs the show, she RUNS the show. The female congregants are expected to submit to their husbands and play extra nice with the boys, but the women who are in leadership trample over everyone, including their husband and their kids. It’s like they absorb all of the opposite energy from the submissive wives and become mini dictators, it’s crazy. Kim Davis is the epitome of the brand of hypocrisy in this crowd with her divorces and domineering attitude. I think these Pentecostal groups cracked a code: If they let women be leaders too, there’s more opportunity for fundamentalist bullshit to be spread.

* I wasn’t necessarily raised AG, I was raised in an AG church. I want to touch on this more when I get around to updating my personal thread here. My parents viewed themselves as missonaries in a lost church, and it made for many damaging dynamics in my life.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Well that goes perfectly with her trademark style: scriptures are to be followed only if it pertains to other people

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

@dripcurl I grew up sort of AG too! I actually never attended an AG church for long, with the exception of a stint in the Missionettes until my parents let me quit, but we attended similar churches. My dad's parents converted to AG from Dutch Reformed when he was a teenager and my uncle is an AG pastor. My younger siblings now attend an AG church and are extremely involved.

I am grateful that despite all the other fundie bullshit, they at least support female leaders in the church. Like you mention, though, that doensn't mean there aren't other patriarchal beliefs.

• Upvote 3

I guess this is not surprising.  She really is disgusting.  But I'm sure she will get attention and a lot of it will be positive.  She plays to a particular crowd.  I'm glad that she was not re-elected.  She is a bigot and a hateful person.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

I guess this is not surprising.  She really is disgusting.  But I'm sure she will get attention and a lot of it will be positive.  She plays to a particular crowd.  I'm glad that she was not re-elected.  She is a bigot and a hateful person.

I am not surprised either and no doubt she will have her fans but it wasn't enough to get her re-elected, which is the main thing as far as I am concerned.

• Upvote 5

It took awhile but I finally found a pic of when I dressed up as her for Halloween in 2015. I got some laughs but she really is a horrible person. I look forward to seeing just how successful she will be. 

kimdavis.jpg

Edited by PumaLover
Pic was way too big. No one needs that much Kim Davis.
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 14

• 4 years later...

She owes $100,000.00 in damages. If she's still preaching, she'll need some really big love offerings to pay for her hate.

A federal jury has awarded $100,000 to a same-sex couple who sued a former county clerk in Kentucky who refused to issue them a marriage license, claiming that doing so would violate her religious beliefs.

Kim Davis, the former clerk in Rowan County, Ky., was sued by two same-sex couples to whom she refused to grant marriage licenses. The district court found Davis personally liable in both cases, but only awarded damages in one.

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/14/1199477637/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage-license-ordered-to-pay-damages

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

She owes $100,000.00 in damages. If she's still preaching, she'll need some really big love offerings to pay for her hate.

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/14/1199477637/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage-license-ordered-to-pay-damages

Isn’t it funny how most have just forgotten about this ridiculous woman? As they should. But the alt right has such a short attention span. They are like squirrels who drank too much coffee. 

• Upvote 3