IGNORED

Laurel Diacogiannis

DarkAnts

I was driving through Idaho a few days ago. I stopped in Garden City for a rest brake. I saw a thrift store for the Idaho Youth Ranch. I suddenly remembered Laurel Diacogiannis and her raciest adoptions. Only one of the three children she adopted from Africa stayed with her family as a child (daughter). The boy was rehomed because he was reported by Laurel to have abused his sisters. The other child a daughter was banished to the Idaho Youth Ranch because she was not a perfect obedient grateful daughter who did not fill Laurels savior complex. Laurel has had many blogs that get swiffered once people start to criticize her.  I have not been able to find her latest blog but I hope the children she abandoned are doing ok as adults. d

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

I would also very much like to hear updates on her family. Last I heard she had strained relationships with most of her adult children. They seem to be keeping their distance for good reason.

• Upvote 4

I have no new information on Laurel. The last time I saw her blog she was working outside the home and had stopped homeschooling and was muttering about not liking choices her children had made. There was no mention of any of her adopted children AFAIK. I hope that someone with better Google skills can up date us.

• Upvote 3

I saw on Facebook that the adopted daughter she kept has moved out of the state and now has a daughter. From the pictures it looks like she has found a community to love and support her. 

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

I saw on Facebook that the adopted daughter she kept has moved out of the state and now has a daughter. From the pictures it looks like she has found a community to love and support her. 

Sarah? I would’ve thought she was way too young to move out yet! But maybe she booked it the second she was 18.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DarkAnts said:

I don't think Sarah has a daughter; I think that's an old picture of her with her little sister Rachel Rose, judging by the hashtags. And her Diacogiannis sisters seem to be close and supportive. But she does list herself as living in Minnesota now. Perhaps she's going to school there.

Edited by VVV
clarifying meaning
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Sarah? I would’ve thought she was way too young to move out yet! But maybe she booked it the second she was 18.

I would have booked it the moment I turned 18 too. The only daughter Laurel liked was Hosanna. She was favored above all the other children. She even got most of the credit for the hats Sarah made and sold.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, VVV said:

I don't think Sarah has a daughter; I think that's an old picture of her with her little sister Rachel Rose, judging by the hashtags. And her Diacogiannis sisters seem to be close and supportive. But she does list herself as living in Minnesota now. Perhaps she's going to school there.

Rachel was the child that Laurel said had RAD and left at some random children’s home for an indefinite period. I always wondered what happened to her.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, VVV said:

But she does list herself as living in Minnesota now. Perhaps she's going to school there.

IIRC, at least one of her adult siblings lives in Minnesota -- she could also have found shelter there.

• Upvote 2

• 11 months later...

On the Jill Rodrigues thread a bunch of new people just delurked and a lot of the rest of us are talking about when we first joined FJ.  Laurel was one of the blogs I followed prior to joining and after mentioning that last evening I started poking around to see what I could find on FB and google.  Here's what I found:   

*nothing public from Laurel except for a blog post on another site about raising missionaries.

*Hosanna got married about a month ago to Abisai Espinoza.  She's on FB as Hosanna Espinoza and has a few public photos. She finished college and is doing student teaching.

*Sarah is on FB and has a few public photos and mentions missing Rachel. She is now in college.

*Rachel (!!) got 2nd place in a statewide poetry contest in Idaho.  She attends Hope Christian Academy in Marsing, Idaho.

*Cassie and Carissa are both still conservative Christians and married.  One is in Minnesota.

*The interesting one is Lindsey.  She is living in Australia and working as a 'therapeutic arts practitioner'.  lindseystillwell dot com   

*I didn't chase down all of the guys but the ones I saw looked like they haven't broken from the conservative fold. 

• Thank You 1

8 hours ago, Cheetah said:

*Rachel (!!) got 2nd place in a statewide poetry contest in Idaho.  She attends Hope Christian Academy in Marsing, Idaho.

It looks like it was a poetry recitation contest, to be specific. 

https://arts.idaho.gov/poetry-out-loud/

So, I guess she must be comfortable performing and speaking in front of other people. It also says that she won $100 for herself, and $200 for her school's library. I hope she got to keep her prize money.

• Upvote 1