• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
clueliss

NaNoWriMo 2018

Tired
clueliss

Anyone else attempting NaNoWriMo this year?  

I have lost my mind.  I'm doing this.  We'll ignore the fact that this is my busy season in the day career.  

I'm stealing characters I worked on for something 20 or so years ago.  And reworking a mystery novel/procedural into Urban Fantasy.  (I told you, I've lost my mind).  

AmazonGrace

I would love to do it this year but I'm not sure if I have a story idea that would work.  I might start with a fan fiction I wrote years ago and make the characters more of my own. 

AmazonGrace

A Fifty shades type of thing would be a great nanowrimo project: if you're stuck, write more sex scenes.

But i can't really write sex, I'd need a plot...

I just read somewhere on Amazon that an author said she didn't know who the murderer was until she'd written 75% of the book... I guess that's one way of doing it.

Alisamer

I am going to try again this year - I'm debating whether to work on something completely new, or try to beat this leftover behemoth into some sort of finished product. I really want to FINISH this thing I've been working on for years now. But it'll be a lot of re-working and editing, more than new writing, so I'm not sure that counts. Still, I really, really want to get something, anything, finished. I have one like 80% done, one like 25% done, and two more partial beginnings. I'm better at character development and scenes, and not so great at wrapping up the story.

I think in the next couple weeks I'm going to re-read what I have so far, pick which one to focus on, and start a new document to put it together for this year's NaNo.