IGNORED

Axe-splosion!

Howl

Truck carrying Axe body spray explodes in Texas

A truck carrying cans of Axe body spray caught fire on Interstate 35 Friday morning near Belton, TX.  The fire ignited the cans which then launched all over the interstate.  This closed the interstate for 8 HOURS.  That's 8 hours at the start of a long holiday weekend.  Belton is south of Waco. 

I found out about this on Twitter, and many many tweeters agreed that many many middle school boys use Axe body spray in lieu of a bath.  Someone said that Axe body spray was banned at the middle school where they taught. 

A few tweets: 

UPDATE: The explosion has been ruled deliberate act, most likely carried out by a middle school teacher, who, quite frankly, had enough.

Hopefully, no one was injured, no one was uncontrollably turned on, and at least one newspaper headline refers to it as "The Axe-ident"

This is the origin story of the next Marvel SuperVillain.

Years from now, people will drive that highway and silently wonder why that one stretch of it makes them feel douchy beyond words.

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

UPDATE: The explosion has been ruled deliberate act, most likely carried out by a middle school teacher, who, quite frankly, had enough.

:pb_lol: amazing

I can’t stand the smell of that stuff, it makes me sick. It should be banned and considered a noxious chemical 

When my daughter was in 7th or 8th grade, it was a big thing for the boys to use it.  She would come home unable to breathe due to her asthma.

Those tweets are funny!  Especially the one about it being an origin story.

Well, it's a good thing that this happened while Paul Manafort is in jail. After getting a good look at the clothes they showed at his trial, he must have been a heavy user of the stuff or something very much like it.

We had this neighbor years ago who used to bathe himself in cologne. If I left or arrived home within 10 minutes of him,  I had to hold my breath while I locked or unlocked the door so I didn't get the vapor trails stuck in the back of my throat. Luckily, we couldn't smell it through the wall, but I always wondered how bad the smell was inside his apartment.

• 2 weeks later...

A guy in a class I'm taking wears it. I mean he bathes in the stuff. Greasy hair, long fingernails, dripping in Axe... He's in his late twenties as well. I don't care if you want to wear awful stuff like that at a bar or something but in class it's just awful, and you can't get away from it.

Archived