IGNORED

Had my Bolt a whole year today.

47of74

A year ago today and 14,675 miles ago at 5:30pm I met my new Bolt for the first time.

IMG_9005.JPG.9a61b4db282198a21a92a8d3307d8849.JPG

IMG_9002.JPG.9e7861806ad9b50b588a272c65ba1b30.JPG

Where did that year go?  It's been a good vehicle.  Very low maintenance.  Just a couple tire rotations and had

I have a few questions:

Do you have access to a charging station at work, or just one at your house?

What are your most favorite and least favorite things about your car?

What is the longest distance you've been able to drive on one charge?

Thank you!

14 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I have a few questions:

Do you have access to a charging station at work, or just one at your house?

What are your most favorite and least favorite things about your car?

What is the longest distance you've been able to drive on one charge?

Thank you!

@Cartmann99 thank you for your questions.

Since I work from home full time charging while at work is not so much an issue, and I just have the level 2 charger at home.  

The favorite thing is all the money I saved that would have gone into gas.  I saved at least $2,000 that would have gone towards gas.  Plus probably another couple hundred bucks in maintenance - such as oil changes.  For the most part it's been fairly trouble free.  

Probably my least favorite thing is that the front seat can be a bit uncomfortable.  It's not as much an issue now that I've had surgery and lost a full set of tires in weight but I wish Chevy had put a bit more padding in the front seat.  Also during the winter the range isn't quite as much.  I also wish GM would work on getting a fast charging network going or talk to Tesla about creating an adapter to use their supercharger network. 

I think the furthest I've gone on a single charge is from where I live up to Rochester, Minnesota, which is about 174 miles from me.  That's when I stop for a couple hours to charge up enough to get to the Twin Cities.  During the winter I had 21 miles of charge left, but during the summer I had close to 100 miles of charge left.  

16 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

The favorite thing is all the money I saved that would have gone into gas.  I saved at least $2,000 that would have gone towards gas.  Plus probably another couple hundred bucks in maintenance - such as oil changes.  For the most part it's been fairly trouble free

Can you tell me more about the maintenance schedule? I realize not having a combustion engine cuts a lot of that stuff out, but how often do they recommend the car be brought in to make sure that everything else is okay?

Can you tell me more about the maintenance schedule? I realize not having a combustion engine cuts a lot of that stuff out, but how often do they recommend the car be brought in to make sure that everything else is okay?

Every 7,500 miles they recommend tire rotation and every 22,500 miles replacing the passenger air filter. At 150,000 miles they recommend replacing some coolant. Otherwise that’s pretty much it.

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2017/Chevrolet/BOLT%20EV/Maintenance%20Schedule.pdf

Archived