IGNORED

11 kids found in New Mexico compound

downtherabbithole

This has literally just been on a 5 pm news bulletin here in the UK. Is it just me or do we seem to be hearing about a lot of these cases recently? I hope that the kids are getting the help they need and that the parents are put in jail.

I was coming here to see if a thread had been started.  Not again.

Hogrefe wrote that his deputies found 11 children inside the compound, ages 1 to 15, all of whom “looked like third world country refugees not only with no food or fresh water,but with no shoes, personal hygiene and basically dirty rags for clothing.”

Besides several potatoes and a box of rice, he wrote, there was no sign of food.

those poor kids. i was wondering if someone had started a thread on this. there wasn't much given in the way of details, so i'm unsure if these were children of the adults arrested or if they were trafficking them or what. horrifying either way and i'm glad the kids have been taken.

It says one man had a warrant out for his arrest for kidnapping his 3 year old son but that boy was not amongst the 11 children found. I really hope that the boy was returned and safe and not still missing.

yeah, i did hear they initially were looking for one specific kid that they didn't find. as far as i've read, the initial kid is still missing. i hope he's okay. :(

It PISSES ME OFF that these asshat jackwagons had plenty of money for expensive, high powered guns, AR 15s and ammo, but the women and children were starving.  I fear for the still missing 3-year-old.  

one of my friends just shared this article about it. there's some seriously disturbing religious shit going on and ... wow, just wow.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-new-mexico-crime/five-charged-with-abusing-children-on-new-mexico-compound-face-detention-hearing-idUSKBN1KY10D

Releasing these people from custody is one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time.  I truly hope they add murder charges and pick them back up or that the feds take them into custody.

To understate my opinion on this mess, something is very wrong here. I hate to link to Fox News but the only other news site wants a $10 payment to continue reading. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/29/judge-dismisses-all-charges-against-3-extremist-muslim-new-mexico-compound-suspects.html

Here's another article from August 12 that's a little bit nicer about the living conditions. Things are still very wrong.

https://www.reuters.com/article/new-mexico-crime-girls/refile-feature-off-the-grid-dream-becomes-nightmare-in-new-mexico-compound-idUSL1N1V3007

:(

edit - found another link 

https://www.taosnews.com/stories/hearings-underway-to-dismiss-charges-against-3-nnm-compound-defendants,51353

My jaw dropped when I saw this on the news yesterday. Something stinks to high heaven about this case. :COLERE: 

On Monday, Judge Sarah Backus denied the state's motion to keep the five suspects in jail, saying the state failed to meet the burden of showing the suspects were a danger to the community.

Incredible. The prosecutors dropped the ball big time in this. They didn't have a preliminary hearing within 10 days after the arrests so both judges hands were tied. 

This whole thing is fishy. 

21 minutes ago, wild little fox said:

Incredible. The prosecutors dropped the ball big time in this. They didn't have a preliminary hearing within 10 days after the arrests so both judges hands were tied. 

This whole thing is fishy. 

I'm not a NM attorney, but that just doesnt sound right to me.  If there is a reason to continue a preliminary hearing (prelim) then the Judge has the authority to do that.  In Georgia, we frequently go more than our standard 14 days and even up to 90 days.

Archived