IGNORED

How Evangelical Are You?

Coconut Flan

Yesterday I ran into this quiz to see how much one knows about evangelical Christianity.  It also has a good definition IMO of evangelicalism.

https://www.topixoffbeat.com/quiz/18784?utm_source=adrizer_tab&utm_campaign=79133&utm_term=worldnow-kfmb&tpx_campaign=18784-79133

Evangelicalism is a movement among Christians that happens worldwide. It's a trans-denominational movement within Protestant Christianity, which means any Protestant church could be considered an evangelical church. Some of the most famous evangelical denominations are Southern Baptist and Pentecostal churches and certain kinds of Methodists. Evangelicals believe that the most important part of Christianity is atonement of your sins through salvation by grace and having faith in Jesus Christ as God. They believe all people need to be "born again" and that the Bible is the ultimate authority on earth. They also believe in spreading the message of Christianity and converting non-believers.

Not only that, but evangelical Christians have a special kind of "lifestyle" in which they consume specific kinds of Christian media or listen to evangelical pastors that kids who didn't grow up in an evangelical home wouldn't even recognize!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 94 % 

Evangelical Christian Genius!

You definitely grew up evangelical Go celebrate! Just don't do anything TOO much fun, or else it's sin!

89%, but I was raised very non-evangelical Christian. I missed many of the song lyrics, and few of the "who is this famous evangelical" types.

91% -- "Evangelical Christian Genius."  Wasn't raised evangelical at all! 

I got 80%, literally just based on stuff I learned in Catholic school and pop-culture level knowledge of evangelical figures.

Good grief, I didn’t know it would be so long lol. I got 99%. I thought Philemon was shorter than III John. 

Your Score: 100% 

You definitely grew up evangelical Go celebrate! Just don't do anything TOO much fun, or else it's sin!

Damn. Sometimes I hate the things I know. 

100% for me too. I'm not sure why they asked which book was in the Apocrypha, though, as that's not really an Evangelical question.

93 percent -- I missed the questions about Falwell/Graham/DC Talk/Jars of Clay because they were all "worldly" back in my day and then the question about ... erm ... I can't remember but it was something else along those lines. 

And that quiz was way too dang long. Geez.

94%.  It was the song lyrics and Amy Grant that got me.  Although I got the Veggie Tales one right by a process of elimination.

34 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I'm not sure why they asked which book was in the Apocrypha, though, as that's not really an Evangelical question.

I didn't know that. I don't remember it ever being discussed.  I didn't know the jars of clay song and I mixed up plagues. 

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I didn't know that. I don't remember it ever being discussed.  I didn't know the jars of clay song and I mixed up plagues. 

The first I had ever heard of the Apocrypha was from pretentious Speech and Debate kids who would quote it in attempt to be edgy but in the end worked for Right-Wing law firms anyway.

89% and I come from a very much non-evangelical family. I got most of them through process of elimination, pop-culture level references, and a fuzzy memory of what of the Bible I've read.

Raised by agnostics.  Could count on one hand the number of times I've set foot in a church.  But I got a 76%!  :)  

2096922824_ScreenShot2018-05-27at9_59_10AM.thumb.png.c9ad16255e319008861f1cc5bd985e58.png

Not sure if that score is praiseworthy or scary since I was raised UU & have been unchurched for decades.

Guess it's proof of my FJ super skillz, though it's hard to believe that anyone said Ringo was a disciple of Jesus. Most of my wrong answers had to do with hymns, etc.

Your Score: 89% 

lol I was raised nonreligious and am an atheist.  There was a lot of guessing, especially song lyrics, based on context and elimination of obviously incorrect answers (Ringo the disciple?  Ok.)

1 minute ago, dramallama said:

Your Score: 89% 

lol I was raised nonreligious and am an atheist.  There was a lot of guessing, especially song lyrics, based on context and elimination of obviously incorrect answers (Ringo the disciple?  Ok.)

I know. Same with Billy Graham vs Falwell, and Bert and Ernie.

I got a 100%. Most were very simple but I did have to guess on a handful of them.

89% and I just spent the last 2 decades in Evangelical churches.  We didn't sing hymns. And I have never listened to contemporary Christian music. I guess music isn't my thing, lol. 

Why include questions about Jewish feast or the apocrypha?

Archived