IGNORED

Jeffrey Lord the latest person to join the right wing unemployment line

47of74

The reich wing unemployment line got a bit longer today

CNN severed ties with Jeffrey Lord on Thursday, hours after he ignited controversy by tweeting the words "Sieg Heil!" at a prominent liberal activist.

"Nazi salutes are indefensible," a CNN spokesperson said in a statement. "Jeffrey Lord is no longer with the network."

Lord, a columnist for The American Spectator, has been harshly critical of the activist he tweeted at, Angelo Carusone, and the liberal group of which Carusone is president, Media Matters for America.

Lord and Carusone have had many sharp disagreements. Media Matters has repeatedly called for Lord's firing from CNN.

Couldn't happen to a nicer (ha) guy. Every time I would see him on AC360, I'd have to change the channel. Now, hopefully I can watch the show uninterrupted.

41 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer (ha) guy. Every time I would see him on AC360, I'd have to change the channel. Now, hopefully I can watch the show uninterrupted.

Weeeellllllllllll.... only if a couple of others don't take his place in the "regular" line-up for arguing. Paris Dennard, Jason Miller, Sebastian Gorka... all are at least as bad. (There may be more; this is just off the top of my head).

Nan Hayworth. (Must be Jeffrey's replacement; former member of Congress apparently). Horrible. Muting sound is not sufficient. Nods her head excessively while making extreme facial expressions. First time I remember seeing her.  Also talks while others are talking. And she just called the other panelists kids.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Gone but not forgotten: A look back at Jeffrey Lord’s most confusing and controversial CNN statements"

Too many videos and tweets to quote, but worth a look if you want to be reminded of his highlights lowlights.

Not particularly.  I rate watching all of his lowlights somewhere beneath smashing my reproductive organs with a hammer.

... and ... the seemingly endless cycle of Trump sycophant replacements continues, each one as bad as the previous. By this morning I don't even remember the names of the ones from last night. There HAS to be a better way to off "balanced" coverage than this thing of finding the most extreme and letting them argue and talk over other people.

Archived