IGNORED

Servens, southward!!

MamaJunebug

Romping thru the FB rabbit warren, I belatedly discover that my local-ish gateway dominionists have quit the bi-state metro for Austin, Texas. Long life to you, Marcus & Cheryl!  You'll do your part to Keep Austin Weird. But then, so would I. 

If memory serves, Serven sons Benjamin and Nathan are already in Texas.  Peter -- Colorado, Rebecca in Cali and Elizabeth in Wisconsin, and Sarah now in Alabama … amirite? Heck, I don't know where my shoes are, half the time.

Their former church north of the St  Louis area is searching for a new pastor while the "ruling elder" fills in. "Ruling elder."  Doesn't that just make you wanta run screaming away from any church, any time? I'm glad it's not my church that has a ruling elder.  Shee.

Back to the Servenclan.  At home, theoretically, remain Lydia (in her early 20s) & the Drewster and the other younger son.  They're 15, 16-ish by now.  

And in addition to being close to that cute little Servengal of Ben and Micaela's, they're  a couple-hours drive from Doug Phillips Is A Tool  and a garden variety of others of their ilk.  That's all I'm sayin, just that they're nearby.

Now I'm off to ask about a comment on Ben that turned up in the Lydia Coghlan Hinrichs topic.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Austin and the Don Hart church seem to be collecting quite a few of the former Dougish BCA types. Wonder if the Servens are headed there or elsewhere?

• Upvote 2

CnD, thanks for the info. 

@Howl, my condolences. I know I went straight to the Covenant Family Church website, hoping it was gone. No such luck. They're everywhere, they're everywhere. 

• Upvote 1

Yep, Sarah and Cody now live in Birmingham, Alabama. I only found this out after going to a fundie family member's social media. That's all I can say since family member's social media is all private.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, CloakNDagger said:

Austin and the Don Hart church seem to be collecting quite a few of the former Dougish BCA types. Wonder if the Servens are headed there or elsewhere?

I found Don Hart's bio on a page about a visit Scottie will make to Austin on April 19th, for an NCFIC Church Leaders Meeting. It will be held at a place which is a 17-minute drive from my house.  I'll probably go past it on my semi-annual pilgrimage up the interstate to IKEA on Friday. Think Doug Phillips was invited?  Heh!

This is Don Hart's bio and no surprises here :

Don Hart is an elder at North Gabriel Christian Assembly. Don Hart is also the Founder and President of Heritage Defense, a national, non-profit legal advocacy organization and is a rancher and licensed Texas attorney. As owner of the Law Office of Don Hart, his practice includes serving as General Counsel for Vision Forum Ministries. He holds a Bachelor’s of Business Administration from the University of Texas and a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Texas Tech Law School...... A significant part of Don’s practice involves fighting to defend Christian, homeschooling families against usurpatious government interference. Don is honored to serve as an elder in his local church. Above all, Don aspires to be a devoted husband to his bride D’Ann, faithful father to his seven children (Emalee, Katherine, Hannah, Valor, Victor, Jackson, and Faith), and a humble bondservant of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Don Hart sounds like Tool, except he isn't a rapist. 

The other leader for the NCFIC Church Leaders Meeting is this yahoo, who I have read about in the past, but not in a church-related context.  I knew they must be fundy because there are 16 kids and they breed dogs. 

Stephen Hopkins is a pastor/elder at Burnet Bible Church, Texas, founded in the summer of 1996. BBC embraces the 2nd London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689. He and his wife, Sandra, have sixteen children and live on a small farm in the Texas hill country. Steve operates a small business with his sons, buying and selling government pre-owned vehicles. His wife and daughters add to the family income by raising and selling champion bred Golden Retrievers from home.  His passions are family worship, open air preaching, and defense of preborn children. Men from BBC have an ongoing local presence at nearby abortion clinics, and the ladies and daughters of BBC counsel with local pregnant teens.

This leads me to believe that Stephen Hopkins is a public screamer, like Tony Miano. 

Don Hart is an elder of the North Gabriel Christian Assembly, which is just like  the Boerne Christian Assembly, and is just as patriarchal.  How do I know this church is patriarchal?  One sentence from the description of their service: "Next there is more singing, a sermon brought by one of the elders, and a time for men of the church to share with the body."  Well, there's another sentence that just confirms: "Fathers are exhorted and equipped to lead their families in daily worship and to train their children in the way of the Lord."  Nope, not one word about women.  I hadn't really been thinking about it, but apparently these churches have no formal preacher -- just the elders. Is this correct? 

Guessing the Servens would be right at home with Don Hart.  

• Upvote 2

@Howl, I'm forever in your debt for finding and highlighting ~~~~~ usurpatious ~~~~ and I want it for my identity! 

What's the process for petitioning that it becomes a post count title? And that it's given for whatever post count title I'm on??

• Upvote 3

There is a thread for suggesting post count titles.  I'll put it here in a minute.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

There is a thread for suggesting post count titles.  I'll put it here in a minute.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

@Howl, I'm forever in your debt for finding and highlighting ~~~~~ usurpatious ~~~~ and I want it for my identity! 

What's the process for petitioning that it becomes a post count title? And that it's given for whatever post count title I'm on??

MJB, I'm totally with you USURPATIOUS is my new favourite fundie word.

And yes, Don Hart sounds like a big a-hole.

• 2 years later...

Has anyone seen this photo from the Serven blog before? It features Rebecca and Sarah Zes, Kelly (Bradrick, now Ziegler) and Blair (now Tsantles) Brown, Lourdes Torres, and Anna-Sophia and Elizabeth Botkin + the Serven girls

Spoiler

147993073_Screenshot2019-12-15at16_52_52.thumb.png.3cf1e934a04d01f49872c19311a54569.png