IGNORED

The Manly Murse!

Nothing2CHere

I was catching up on Libby Anne's blog (Love, Joy, Feminism) today, and in yesterday's entry she was commenting on various Vision Forum products. I clicked one of her links, and couldn't help but notice their "deal of the day" for today:

13534_m.jpg

The two pocket shoulder bag is the perfect bag for manly indoor or outdoor adventures. Great for storing all kinds of important items, this heavyweight cotton canvas shoulder bag features two outside pockets with hook-and-loop closure, an adjustable shoulder strap, and embroidered patches. This is a fun and practical bag for the young man in your home. Dimensions are 11" x 9" x 4".

In other words, this is a murse. And I hate to break it to Dougie, but I own one of these (NOT purchased from VF). My father-in-law, who is a vet and loves shopping in Army/Navy stores, bought me one for my last birthday because he thought it would be great for me for storing important items for my womanly pursuits. Too bad my bag doesn't have those manly embroidered patches, I think they're really cute :lol:

A star inside a flower is "manly" to these people? I am so utterly amused by this! I, also, own one of these. I call it a laptop bag, but you could call it a murse. It does go nearly every where with me, but that's because I take my laptop nearly everywhere with me! I do love the pretty symbols though... they make the gay in me very.. well... gay :)

Edited: Spelling issues.

damn it. I like that but I won't buy it from Vision Forum.

No problem, debrand! I found the bag for sale here, at an Army/Navy online surplus store:

http://www.fatiguesarmynavy.com/store/i ... y__Patches

There's a whole bunch of cool bags under their "Military Bag & Military Field Bags" heading. I don't see any of them described as "manly," though.

No problem, debrand! I found the bag for sale here, at an Army/Navy online surplus store:

http://www.fatiguesarmynavy.com/store/i ... y__Patches

There's a whole bunch of cool bags under their "Military Bag & Military Field Bags" heading. I don't see any of them described as "manly," though.

What's the link for VF's bag - I wonder what their markup is since this one is less than $16...

We call 'em Manbags here in the UK.

Love how it is marketed for indoor or outdoor adventures. Lots of handy pockets for the KY lube and penis enlargers...

We call 'em Manbags here in the UK.

Love how it is marketed for indoor or outdoor adventures. Lots of handy pockets for the KY lube and penis enlargers...

Thankfully, I wasn't drinking anything when I read your post. You really need to put a warning before you post things that could cause some of us to snort Pepsi all over the screen.

Thanks Nothing2CHere. :clap:

My ex, who was a vet, hated, hated, hated when a piece of clothing or something like this bag was made with fake military insignia. He would go on and on about it when he would see something like this bag. He thought it showed disrespect to the military for a non-military person to walk around with pseudo insignia. :)

Thankfully, I wasn't drinking anything when I read your post. You really need to put a warning before you post things that could cause some of us to snort Pepsi all over the screen.

Thanks Nothing2CHere. :clap:

Tell you what, I shall provide free screen wipes with my next snarky post :lol:

My ex, who was a vet, hated, hated, hated when a piece of clothing or something like this bag was made with fake military insignia. He would go on and on about it when he would see something like this bag. He thought it showed disrespect to the military for a non-military person to walk around with pseudo insignia. :)

Hmm, I would have thought it would be more disrespectful to walk around with *real* but unearned military insignia? (looking at u, Dougie...)

Most "military" stuff in the shops either isn't, or if it is you are buying surplus and doing the military a favour, right?

Archived