IGNORED

Man dies and gets TWO obits...

MarblesMom

At least this man was loved... 

Man dies and both his wife and girlfriend put obits in the paper.  Awesome-sauce!  

http://ktla.com/2016/08/05/mans-wife-girlfriend-place-dueling-obituaries-in-same-newspaper/

I have to admit, I am a little surprised this didn't happen in Florida.  All the weirdness seems to be there.

They both list the same funeral- it could get very interesting if both the wife and the girlfriend attend.

Apparently they knew about each other... This is a weird situation all over and i wonder why the girlfriend wouldn't mention his other two sons

On 8/5/2016 at 11:22 PM, THERetroGamerNY said:

This is like how a sitcom would begin...

Right, and they would end up each inheriting half a house on the condition they live there together!

On 6.8.2016 at 1:50 PM, Fundie Bunny said:

Apparently they knew about each other... This is a weird situation all over and i wonder why the girlfriend wouldn't mention his other two sons

"He was also a father to..."

"A father to", not "the father of"

Just a guess but maybe  they're not his sons officially but he had been a stepfather or foster father or otherwise a father figure to them. The girlfriend may not have considered them if the relationship wasn't on her watch, so to speak. 

He and every one of his siblings seems to have had an official name and a nickname that has nothing to do with the official name.

36 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

"He was also a father to..."

"A father to", not "the father of"

Just a guess but maybe  they're not his sons officially but he had been a stepfather or foster father or otherwise a father figure to them. The girlfriend may not have considered them if the relationship wasn't on her watch, so to speak. 

He and every one of his siblings seems to have had an official name and a nickname that has nothing to do with the official name.

Yes, didn't those sons have a different last name?

Eh, according to the story, they couldn't agree on how it should be written, so they both ran their own. There's no evidence that they didn't know about each other. There are plenty of people out there in open relationships. Mildly funny, but about as shocking as two siblings disagreeing on what mom's obit should say and deciding to run both.

Maybe they're secretly fundie, Mormon, or polyamorous. Either way, it's an amusing article.

I think it's interesting. Why doesn't the wife's obit mention his siblings? The extra kids have the same middle name as her, so they're either hers or from her family I guess. And why doesn't Jazz have a nickname? 

On 8/8/2016 at 3:41 AM, AmazonGrace said:

That's pretty much how it is in my family. We have an official name, a basket name, and nicknames we go by.

Archived