IGNORED

Finally mowed the lawn this evening

47of74

First I was out of town on my work trip.  Then it was either way too hot or it had rained out this past week.  So our yard went about two weeks without getting mowed.  It was starting to get quite thick so I finally got tired of looking at it and went out and mowed it this evening.  Took a while too.  I had to keep an eye on the temperature gauge because of how hard the mower was working to not only cut the grass, but to also deal with the yard clippings.  Fortunately it didn't overheat on me.  Probably next Tuesday and give it another trim then, the way it's growing now it'll probably be ready by then.

i haven't mowed my lawn in about a month.  we haven't had any significant rain since mid-June, so it's brown.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had so much rain it's been once a week. Murphy's Law, my mower started acting up, and I had to take it to the shop last week. I just pray that the rain will be light the rest of the week, and I can tackle my jungle this weekend. Ugh

Oh no! That was my grass last summer. I watered some but the water bill curbed any real efforts. Just to add, I'm not in a regular drought area

neither are we (near Lakes Erie and Ontario), but it does this once in a while.  i'm focusing on watering the vegetables rather than the grass, but some of the neighbors like their lawns, so theirs are nice and green......

• 1 month later...

I remember the droughts we had in the late 80s here in Iowa.  I think we only mowed once or twice those summers.  I remember a set of family pictures taken at my Grandma's place when my Uncle was in town and it always struck me how brown her yard was in those photos.  I think I only cut the grass at her house once that year.

Archived