IGNORED

Kitty Pic

Maggie Mae

• 2 months later...

Reminds me of a cat we had here on the farm 15 years ago named Kristen. She was a fluffy calico. Really friendly towards the humans, especially the one big human that seemed to like cats more than the other humans.

What a cutie! I better close this thread before the feline headship catches me...LOL!

Cat bellies are the best. Even if it can be dangerous to actually touch them.

When our cat Rhon shows his soft, inviting belly, we term it the "Venus FlyCat Trap" because 90% of the time if we try to gently touch it, he makes a move grab the offending hand and kick the innards out of it.

:twisted:

my brother's one cat LOVES belly rubs. like, legit loves them as much as a dog. he'll offer his belly and if you pet it he'll just lie there and purr.

When our cat Rhon shows his soft, inviting belly, we term it the "Venus FlyCat Trap" because 90% of the time if we try to gently touch it, he makes a move grab the offending hand and kick the innards out of it.

:twisted:

lol Venus FlyCat Trap! That's a great description.

My big cat Bear used to do that too -- all four paws would close in on my hand/arm as I rubbed his belly. I learned to wrap my sleeve over my hand before reaching for him. Then he would stay clamped to me as I gently flipped him back and forth from one side to the other. So funny! He must have liked it as he could have let go and walked away at any point. But usually I flipped him back and forth three or four times without him letting go...

• 3 months later...

@religiouslyconfused We think he's part Maine Coon or Siberian Forest Cat mixed with Manx. He could be Norwegian Forest Cat, also, but he doesn't quite have the face shape. Either way, as you might have noticed, there is no tail. And he's got the nicest personality. He's much more into climbing on things than jumping. 

• 1 month later...
On Friday, October 09, 2015 at 6:46 PM, church_of_dog said:

lol Venus FlyCat Trap! That's a great description.

My big cat Bear used to do that too -- all four paws would close in on my hand/arm as I rubbed his belly. I learned to wrap my sleeve over my hand before reaching for him. Then he would stay clamped to me as I gently flipped him back and forth from one side to the other. So funny! He must have liked it as he could have let go and walked away at any point. But usually I flipped him back and forth three or four times without him letting go...

I do the same with my cat :). I flip and spin him around while he holds onto my arm, and he loves it so much that he purrs and (gently) bites when I stop.

While his belly is indeed a death trap most of the time, he likes gentle belly rubs when he's falling asleep. He'll then sleep cuddling my hand :)

On 3/5/2016 at 8:20 AM, Myrtille said:

I do the same with my cat :). I flip and spin him around while he holds onto my arm, and he loves it so much that he purrs and (gently) bites when I stop.

@Myrtille, my 12 y/o Magic started pinching me, not really a bite, around 6 months ago. The vet said she is fine, not to worry, but why start pinching now, after so many years?  I have the same pets, three cats and a dog, same environment, no life changes.

She will be sitting next to me and just pinch the heck out of my arm. She loves attention, and ALWAYS gets a lot of love, so I can't figure it out.  I point my finger at her, tell her No No, and she cuddles up and pinches me again!  I'm not sure what to do, the little stinker, I guess wear long sleeves all the time.  I'm such a push-over with them lol.

Does anyone have experience in this area?

Archived