IGNORED

Fundy weddings

DGayle

What is your (with links, if you can get them):

Favorite fundy wedding, no matter the reason

Creepiest fundy wedding (aside from Maranatha's drawn-out-for-months wedding)

Most memorable fundy wedding

Most WTF wedding

Wedding you remember, but can't remember the names

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dorothy Morton and Noah Sanders

mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2010/08/july-17th-malrriage-of-dorothy-and-noah.html

I think it was beautiful wedding

Katie Morton and Alan Smith

mortonclan.blogspot.com/2006_04_01_archive.html

She washed his feet :?

Most WTF wedding

Dinah Seppi and Dustin Reader

viewtopic.php?f=120&t=18700

Speeches about Muslim, Obamacare, homosexuality :cray-cray:

Love this topic!

Meredith Alexander because she was my favourite fundy and the wedding had so many interesting details: a thrifted wedding dress from the 80's with beads and appliqués, 27 bell ringers, a flower girl in a mini wedding dress, also from the 80's, and an outdoor reception in December. And a groom that googled "submissive uneducated SAHD" and found her blog and that's where their story begins.

https://archive.is/CK94H

Kristina (with the courting ruler) because she was my gateway fundy and everything leading up to the wedding was just WTF: courting ruler and a proposal at Arby's where her dad put the ring on her finger since the future groom wasn't allowed to touch her until they were married were the most memorable moments.

https://archive.is/CK94H

kristinaskeeps.blogspot.se/search/label/Wedding%20Pictures

One where the bride washed the grooms feet, can't remember the names. Googled: Katie Morton and Alan Smith:

mortonclan.blogspot.se/2006/04/katie-washed-alans-feet-at-their.html

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=19826&start=80

And the one where the groom was 17 and the bride was like 23. Googled: Blair Brown and Taylor Tsantles:

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/3792#.VblfV_mjNko

acornerpillar.com/2010/11/wedding-ceremony-of-taylor-tsantles.html

Doug Phillips officiated the wedding and that's where the (in)famous photo of his wide stance was taken:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=10274

The one that Mama Junebug crashed. :D One of the Serven weddings, was it Rebecca Serven and Steven Loomis?

ahthelife.blogspot.se/2009/11/steven-loomis-marries-rebecca-serven.html

Most WTF wedding

Several of the weddings on the Seppi blog from 2008-2010:

melodys-notes.blogspot.se/search/label/Wedding%20Photos

Wedding you remember, but can't remember the names:

I apparently can't remember any of the names anymore, since I had to google everything. :cry:

Favorite fundy wedding, no matter the reason- Peter and Kelly Bradrick, for many reasons, but the vows alone were totally insane.

perseveronews.com/the-wedding-vows/

Creepiest fundy wedding (aside from Maranatha's drawn-out-for-months wedding)- Dovey Davis and Mark Willbanks. The unwashed hair, the hideous eye makeup on an otherwise makeup-free face, the two ugly engagement rings mashed together, the mother who looks like a Hee-Haw reject… Oh, I could go on…

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2010/08/dovey-davis-mark-willbanks-wedding.html

Most memorable fundy wedding- The Seppis meet… the Von Trapps???

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2009/06/sepulveda-seppi-purcell-vontrapp.html

Most WTF wedding- James Balyeat/Amanda Bagley. Nightmare inducing.

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2009/11/james-balyeat-amanda-dagley-wedding.html

Wedding you remember, but can't remember the names- The one where the bride and groom donned server caps and served ice cream to their guests. *barf*

Katie Morton and Alan Smith

mortonclan.blogspot.com/2006_04_01_archive.html

She washed his feet :?

WTF??????!!!!!!!! :pink-shock:

My favorite wedding was probably Adalia Bergeron's. Her dress was beautiful, and the wedding was small and intimate. The pastor was funny and not the usual douche canoe. It was a refreshing change of pace.

I'd say the creepiest weddings are the Seppi weddings. How they all pile on stage, the FOB transfers headship to the groom, and the bride vows to submit. :ew: Also, any fundie wedding Christopher Maxwell photographs. There have been some doozies (at least in terms of attire).

The only one I know anything about is Christopher and Anna Marie's Death Watch wedding. I even made it through the video. That was enough fundie weddings for me.

I know you said aside from the Chapman wedding, but it is the creepiest, by far. Her father wouldn't tell her the day of the wedding and made her dress up in her wedding dress every day until her bridegroom came to get her. That's without even getting into the horribly inappropriate age difference.

For those who haven't read about it before:

The story: lifeandlibertyministries.com/archives/000151.php

Love, Joy, Feminism post about it: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfem ... story.html

Previous FJ threads: viewtopic.php?f=227&t=21171

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/1682/M ... blmOvNViko

Also creepy: any of the weddings that were called "transfer of authority ceremonies" and not simply "weddings."

I'm going to do Engagements, because I can never sit through Wedding photos:

Favorite fundy Engagement, no matter the reason

Josh and Anna. They are ALSO my favorite wedding, just because it was SO terrible and yet he was SO smug about the entire thing.

He got her freakin balloons. For her ENGAGEMENT. And proposed to her in a restaurant booth.

Then the TERRIBLE SONG HE SANG at the wedding (and was so smug about in the talking head). I cringed. Then laughed. Then cringed some more.

Creepiest fundy Engagement (aside from Maranatha's drawn-out-for-months wedding)

Besides any teenager getting engaged to a man old enough to be her father, David and Pris always give me the heebie jeebies. He gave her his diary as part of the engagement. He was pressured in by his parents. Her story is so sad because she says she "felt nothing".

It's not really that they did anything wrong, that couple just always rubs me the wrong way/makes me sad.

Most memorable fundy Engagement

All of the Bates and their spouses (and future spouses) have REALLY hit their engagements out of the park. It's a tie between Chad and Erin (just because it is the sort of engagement that I would want) and Michael and Brandon (because that was so incredibly sweet and thoughtful).

Most WTF engagement

KRISTINA. ARBY's.

First: it takes place in a goddamn Arby's. Seriously. You couldn't even go to Applebee's or Red Robin?

Second: He wasn't allowed to put the ring on her finger. HER FATHER had to do it.

Third: Still never even touched. Courtship ruler was still in full effect.

Darby Sproul and Chris Stouffer - Partly because I think I would like Darby if I knew her in real life, but mostly because it looked like a beautiful wedding and the couple looks so genuinely happy. There used to be a lot of photos online in one of the Phillips instagrams but I think they went private.

No link for this one because there's nothing public out there. The wedding was held in TN and the groom was from my old church so I actually attended in person(I even had a role to play but I'm not saying what b/c I don't want to out myself.) The pastor preached before the father gave away the bride. The sermon itself was pretty standard and even more on the fundie-lite side because it talked about submission and headship, but in a very glossed over way. However, there was a hymn right after the preaching and THEN the pastor asked, as part of the "giving away" for the groom and bride's father to step up to the mike and talk about what it meant to have this daughter go from her father's protection to building a home with her husband. And the dad and groom stood there in front of several hundred people and chatted about what a wonderful, pure girl this bride was and all the superfun sex she and groom were going to be having. And the bride just stood there with that weird "I'm happy because it's my wedding but this is weird and I don't know what to do" smile on her face. I was so mortified for her.

Meredith and Steven Hammer - I loved her blog and really wish I knew how to get on the private reader list. Even though Steven Hammer creeps me out a bit and I don't 100% agree with their views, their wedding was a bit of a fundie fairytale.

Most WTF wedding

Probably David and Nadia Botkin's wedding. The reception looked sweet, down home, and fun, but oh my goodness, the speechifying! Also I seem to remember that they did something wacky to Nadia's dress to make it more modest.

Wedding you remember, but can't remember the names

I haven't seen very many of the weddings highlighted on FJ, but I recall a few that were memorable for various reasons:

1. Steven & Rebecca Loomis: IIRC, Daddy Serven performed the ceremony. Steven was so excited to finally kiss Rebecca that he kissed her twice! Also the wedding that was crashed by our own MamaJunebug!

2. Christopher & Anna Maxwell: The Great Nuptials 'o Death! And the singing! OMG the singing! And the practically non-existent kiss!

3. David & Nadia Botkin: The modesty panel on the dress that was possibly(?) botched. The cowboy boots. The speeches.

4. Joseph & Elissa Maxwell: The uber-secret, covert wedding that led us all on a wild chase to find out about Elissa's background. And the huge dip he gave Elissa when they finally kissed!

For me, one of the memorable weddings was when Anna's sister got married, and not only were the Duggars in the wedding party, Smuggar had to kiss his wife as they walked back down the aisle. It was almost as cringeworthy as the song he sang at his wedding.

I'd say that the WTF wedding for me was the foot washing one already mentioned earlier.

I did like that Jessa and Ben didn't have their first kiss at the ceremony because it was basically a big FU to Boob who kept making a big deal about the fact that his daughters saved their first kiss for the wedding.

I had to go look up some of these, like the Willbanks wedding. Could no one have helped that poor girl with hair and makeup?? (I had to look for her on Facebook too, and seriously, how did Melody post their wedding?? This Dovey was a) pregnant at the wedding, and b)draws good but occasionally racy anime!). Her Facebook was public.

ARBYS. Wow.

Bethany Lindvall and Chris Hawes.

Not only did she wear a very beautiful dress and seemed to have a elegant wedding, but Bethany also came a very long way...

When the Seppis and some Trapp offshoots were in the same room (no, I did not just forget to also add the "von" to the name, that was deliberately!)

That was also a huge "oh just NO!"/*facepalm* moment...

Most WTF wedding

Again, a Seppi wedding: Dinah Seppi and Dustin Reader

Remember when they "kidnapped" the bride - dressed like a street gang from Mexico City?

That both are also my favorite WTF couple (Dustin looks like the long-lost twin of Dinah´s brother! :? )

Autumn. She married at 16 on the 4th of July. Her husband started hitting/pointing guns at her. She leaves. Fundies turn on her. She leaves the church.

Candy and Erik Brauer. They went on a mountain or something and exchanged vows- just the two of them.

Worst dress goes to Crystal Paine. Her courtship was serious- no emotions allowed. The story has happy ending because she is mainstream Christian these days.

post-9940-14452000592872_thumb.jpg

there was one in particular i can't remember...the wife is a writer and when she was about 16/17, her parents basically started setting her up with this guy in his thirties. she didn't think he was the one for the longest time until it was somehow worked around that he fit every qualification that she was given by god or something. everything at the wedding was very plain, headcovering for her. i think the husband blew on a shofar at some point. the dad was dressed extremely plainly.

she posted parts of her courtship story on her blog. she's a fairly decent writer with a creative imagination, but her whole courtship has an extremely weird/creepy vibe.

I know you said aside from the Chapman wedding, but it is the creepiest, by far. Her father wouldn't tell her the day of the wedding and made her dress up in her wedding dress every day until her bridegroom came to get her. That's without even getting into the horribly inappropriate age difference.

For those who haven't read about it before:

The story: lifeandlibertyministries.com/archives/000151.php

Love, Joy, Feminism post about it: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfem ... story.html

Previous FJ threads: viewtopic.php?f=227&t=21171

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/1682/M ... blmOvNViko

Also creepy: any of the weddings that were called "transfer of authority ceremonies" and not simply "weddings."

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK WAS THAT!!!!! I think this is the fucking worst thing i have seen. This guy developed an atraction to a 13 year old child? And they were legally married when she was 14 or 15? Oh my god that is making me sick

So.

Many.

Rabbit holes to go down...

:popcorn2:

there was one in particular i can't remember...the wife is a writer and when she was about 16/17, her parents basically started setting her up with this guy in his thirties. she didn't think he was the one for the longest time until it was somehow worked around that he fit every qualification that she was given by god or something. everything at the wedding was very plain, headcovering for her. i think the husband blew on a shofar at some point. the dad was dressed extremely plainly.

she posted parts of her courtship story on her blog. she's a fairly decent writer with a creative imagination, but her whole courtship has an extremely weird/creepy vibe.

Jessiqua Wittman. Yeah, that was pretty... skeevy.

My favorite fundy wedding would have to be Darth and Noah's. The whole thing just looked so sweet and simple and the couple really cute.

Jessiqua's for the creepiest.

And yes, Dinah Seppi's for the WTF factor.

I have to admit though... Peter and Kelly's was so OTT that I was a bit disgusted by it.

Jessiqua Wittman. Yeah, that was pretty... skeevy.

My favorite fundy wedding would have to be Darth and Noah's. The whole thing just looked so sweet and simple and the couple really cute.

Jessiqua's for the creepiest.

And yes, Dinah Seppi's for the WTF factor.

I have to admit though... Peter and Kelly's was so OTT that I was a bit disgusted by it.

thank you! i couldn't remember her name for the life of me. i remember reading her story and feeling so incredibly sad for her. she seemed to be a good bit like me around that age.

Maranatha's wedding. oh...my..... :pink-shock:

Agree!! Does anyone if they r still married? Since they r Fundie I'm sure they r.

I love this thread, weddings rule, the weirder the better! This thread is now my home. Bless y'all.

browncoatslytherin, that story is the weirdest! It was so hard to read; she did not mince any words when it came to describing how much her mom and dad manipulated, guilt tripped, pressured and lied to her all the way through her "courtship"- and yet she just accepted this as right and proper parenting. Very grim reading.

Archived