IGNORED

Town Won’t Let Muslim Build Summer Camp Because ISIS

doggie

and we wonder why countries won't take American seriously.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/07/23 ... into-isis/

A town in Michigan has come together to block the creation of a summer camp for kids because the man who wants to build it is a Muslim. On what grounds do they claim they can ban his camp? Well, because radical extremists in Iraq and Syria are also Muslim and therefore this man, who has lived in America for decades, is probably going to use this to train kids to be ISIS agents. Of course!

David Salha moved to America when he was just 8 years old and has no ties to radical extremists. In fact, he describes himself as not that religious. The camp he wants to build would have no religious affiliation at all.

Which, according to the increasingly paranoid neighbors in his town, is just what he wants you to think.

A township meeting meant to debate his building permit request quickly turned into an anti-Muslim hatefest. Salha’s neighbors, whom had lived next to him for years, exposed themselves as virulent Islamophobes with ever-escalating conspiracy theories about Salha’s true intentions.

As the Huffington Post noted:

“Is there anything written on paper that says this isn’t going to be turned into a terrorist training facility?†Bob Clark asked the board during the meeting, according to The Ogemaw County Herald.

“There are a lot of people here that are concerned [that] this could very easily be a training camp,†added Tim Reetz, the Herald reported. “That is a perfect location for a training cell.â€

Reetz also called for a federal investigation of Salha, who is flabbergasted by his neighbors’ reactions.

One resident shed some light on the pathetic origins of her own anxiety about Muslims: Her television.

“I have heard on the news that in every state in the United States we have an ISIS group,†Carol Sappington said. “I think the citizens ought to keep an eye on what is developing.â€

It doesn’t take a huge leap to conclude that the only “news†she has been watching is the “Fox†variety. The conservative network has spent years savagely painting Muslims – all Muslims – as inherently suspect and potentially dangerous. From that network and other right-wing media outlets you can trace a direct line to the sea of misinformation, hate, and fear surrounding the American Muslim community.

Yet ATI can host ALERT year after year when it was an expressed and emphasized religious purpose and really poses more of a threat to The American Way of Life[tm][/tm] than a secular camp that happens to be run by a Muslim.

We also believe that a complete and inspired statement of faith was given by Jesus Christ when He taught precise commands on how to love God and others, and that these commands transcend all cultures, nationalities, religions, and political systems.

It seems pretty clear what ALERT's leaders believe.

I read an article that a christian gun business refuses to serve Muslims because they're terrorist. I think he's being sued.

If a Muslim can't build a summer camp, christians shouldn't build a summer camp either. They might brainwash children to be against gays, abortion, and use their first amendment rights to cry persecution when they can't get their way. The ignorance that people have is ridiculous.

My state had that problem a few years ago, with a mosque being specifically excluded due to changes in zoning laws (made because the town council didn't want a mosque). Their debate records show that they made very anti-Muslim statements and that the decision was biased. There eventually had to be a federal lawsuit on the Religious Land Use Protection Act to get the mosque allowed, and it was all over the media. You can google "St. Anthony, Minnesota mosque" and find stuff on it.

But yeah, these things happen. And I hope it doesn't take a federal suit for this guy to have justice.

My state had that problem a few years ago, with a mosque being specifically excluded due to changes in zoning laws (made because the town council didn't want a mosque). Their debate records show that they made very anti-Muslim statements and that the decision was biased. There eventually had to be a federal lawsuit on the Religious Land Use Protection Act to get the mosque allowed, and it was all over the media. You can google "St. Anthony, Minnesota mosque" and find stuff on it.

But yeah, these things happen. And I hope it doesn't take a federal suit for this guy to have justice.

I googled it and from what I see the town was sued with the help from CAIR, who has ties to the Muslim Brotherhod and Hamas. Who funded the mosque?

Something similar happened in the next town over from mine. The founder of Edible Arrangements wanted to build a small mosque, on a main drag, to honor his late mother, and was shot down for ridiculous reasons such as "causing traffic congestion."

I googled it and from what I see the town was sued with the help from CAIR, who has ties to the Muslim Brotherhod and Hamas. Who funded the mosque?

It was local, don't be a jerk, okay? Even if CAIR does have ties to such organizations, which I doubt, that does not mean that CAIR, or this mosque, is a hotbed of extremism. A friend of mine (not Muslim) worked for CAIR for years, never came across the type of extremism you describe.

This suit didn't happen in order to promote terrorism. They just wanted their mosque. Gosh, you're really starting to sound like that city council...

Archived