IGNORED

Dimbulb the control freak killed the girls' spinoff.

Beammeup

At least according to People.

http://www.people.com/article/duggar-ca ... -wont-work

An insider tells PEOPLE that patriarch Jim Bob Duggar was not a fan of the Jill and Jessa spin-off suggestion.

"He absolutely wanted to be back on TV and was never thrilled about the show suddenly shifting focus," the source says of Jim Bob, 50.

Goes to show he doesn't really release those girls to their husband. He still will demand control over them.

What a pathetic piece of Shit Dim bulb is.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One the one hand, it will be good for them to be off TV and live normal, less-exposed lives. On the other, Jim Bob, your daughters are MARRIED. WITH KIDS/FETUSES. AND WELL OVER 18. THEY ARE ADULTS.

Read this the other night and thought we does TLC need JB's say?

They don't, but the kids seem pretty good at obeying JB.

Its not healthy to treat adults like they are children. Even scarier is how they manage to control these adults.

I am not at all surprised that the adult kids obey JB. Fundie parents (or any super controlling parent for that matter) who have maintained tight control over their children are not going to easily let go just because the kid gets married and leaves the house, in spite of the "leave and cleave" talk.

Who is that family with their own web show? The incredibly bland, creepy one with infantilized Lego-playing adult sons who talk to each other via comments on the blog?

Yeah, that. JB is going to shop production companies to do that noise, guarantee it.

Not surprised. JB is all about JB having control and the money. No way wa$ he going to be cut out of the deal.

Let's face it,without the backup sibs, Jill and Jessa could not carry a show. Seinfeld already did a successful series about nothing, and even he knew when to hit the eject button. Without the freak show factor of the multiplying mega family, the Duggars are not entertainment worthy.

I believe you refer to the arndt family.

Seriously, how does JB have that much control over potential spinoffs?

Yes, thank you.

Not surprised. JB is all about JB having control and the money. No way wa$ he going to be cut out of the deal.

Let's face it,without the backup sibs, Jill and Jessa could not carry a show. Seinfeld already did a successful series about nothing, and even he knew when to hit the eject button. Without the freak show factor of the multiplying mega family, the Duggars are not entertainment worthy.

It amazes me how much of an attention whore he is. It's not about spreading the word, it's showing everyone how godly a family he jizzed out.

I don't think I am getting out of this article what everyone else is so hoping someone can help.

(1) I'm unsure where this article implies JB controls his daughters. I get that he does, but how does this article express it in the sense that's why they couldn't have a spin-off?

JB didn't want the show to change focus. I saw that as he didn't want out of the spotlight. He clearly likes being in the it. I could see him being unhappy that instead of a show about how he made all these quivers, it's now about 2 newlyweds, and not he and his manhood accomplishment? Plus he'd lose some income. I would think losses of spotlight + income would be the bigger issues for him. Not to mention embarrassing-- having the show taken away from him like that.

(2) B/c he controls his daughters so much they couldn't take the show.

Was there was an actual offer? The article said once Jill and Derick left town, there went half of the show so that put the nail in. The article to me implied that them leaving town killed the spin-off once and for all "and with that, one half of any potential show as gone." Not the other way around (no spin-off Derjill left) It could be that way, but that's not what I see in the article. It sounded like negotiations were DOA anyway, so Derick probably saw the writing on the wall.

What am I missing?

I don't think there was an actual spin-off, just talk of one. I also don't believe that Jim Bob ever had any real power at TLC. Very few stars at networks do. He wasn't a Seinfeld at NBC bringing in billions to the network. He was just TLCs bitch. He likely just was against the idea of it but, had TLC decided to go ahead with the spin-off, the only thing he could do was to convince the girls not to sign the contract. He couldn't make TLC not do the spinoff. He had no pull. Ultimately, Jim Bob would have done anything TLC wanted in order to keep the money train going. It wouldn't surprise me if the molestation show was filmed prior to official notification to Jim Bon that 19 kids was cancelled and he thought allowingn the girls to do it was just the thing to convince TLC to keep the show on the air.

I don't think there was an actual spin-off, just talk of one. I also don't believe that Jim Bob ever had any real power at TLC. Very few stars at networks do. He wasn't a Seinfeld at NBC bringing in billions to the network. He was just TLCs bitch. He likely just was against the idea of it but, had TLC decided to go ahead with the spin-off, the only thing he could do was to convince the girls not to sign the contract. He couldn't make TLC not do the spinoff. He had no pull. Ultimately, Jim Bob would have done anything TLC wanted in order to keep the money train going. It wouldn't surprise me if the molestation show was filmed prior to official notification to Jim Bon that 19 kids was cancelled and he thought allowingn the girls to do it was just the thing to convince TLC to keep the show on the air.

That was the impression I had as well.

Yeah, I'm not seeing as much in this as other people either. For one, I tend not to trust stories that use unnamed sources as the primary source for the information - there are times when the source is legitimate (for instance, Deep Throat from the Watergate scandal). When it comes to entertainment stories, I tend not to take them too seriously though.

Additionally, I highly doubt Boob's displeasure was the reason a potential spinoff was nixed. I think it was likely more of a combination between the Dills fleeing leaving the states and the clusterfuck interviews that the girls and their parents gave. Plus the backlash the network was facing. Money talks and I don't think the network was unlikely to throw money at a show that would face potential boycotts and dropped sponsors.

That's not to say Boob doesn't still exert a considerable hold over his adult children though. I find it likely he does and that they look to him for guidance and approval. :ew:

Said this before and I'll say it again.

Why did JB ever think the show was about him? Didn't he realize his base audience would care more about what his young, attractive daughters get up to than what a dumb old ignorant fart who's obsessed with humping his wife while keeping his children virgins?

More importantly, how does someone manage to be so out of touch they don't realize most of America finds child sexual abuse unforgivable?

JFC!!!!

ETA: doesn't Jessa read her insta comments or something? Doesn't she realize she might be better off w/out being under JBs thumb?

A spin-off focusing on women folk? Hell hath no fury like a spin-off based on women folk!

The world would crumble. Jim Bob knows their place. If only the secular world understood...

Why did JB ever think the show was about him?

Beats me. The opening always had J'chelle saying this is a story about my family...

I agree where the talk about a spinoff for either of the adult married daughters was purely speculative.

I mean, Cousin Amy was about as far removed from the scandal as a Duggar could get, and TLC still had no interest in showing even a small part of her wedding, based on the original Instagram post her fiancee put up (before it got nuked). So why would they give Jessa and Jill their own spinoff?

I do think that if the spinoff had happened, Jim Bob would have found a way to either get on the show or share in its profits in some way.

I agree where the talk about a spinoff for either of the adult married daughters was purely speculative.

I mean, Cousin Amy was about as far removed from the scandal as a Duggar could get, and TLC still had no interest in showing even a small part of her wedding, based on the original Instagram post her fiancee put up (before it got nuked). So why would they give Jessa and Jill their own spinoff?

I do think that if the spinoff had happened, Jim Bob would have found a way to either get on the show or share in its profits in some way.

But would they have done a wedding special anyway?

Agree that JB has a lot of control over his kids, at unhealthy levels, especially for the adult ones.

I highly doubt that the spinoff was a serious thing. Mainly because the Duggar brand is toxic, TLC in all likelihood would want them to go away but I can see JB trying to keep things going in order to keep the money coming in. That's where I am not sure: yes he would want control but he would want the money too. The family over the years has to have gotten very used to the money and perks, it's got to be tough to deal with that all going away. I am still of the opinion that JB seriously tried to keep things going in spite of the molestations being known.

However in the unlikely case that a spin off was actually considered, being that Jill and Jessa are adults, any contracts would be with them and their money would be theirs, not JB's. Now I can see that JB would try to insert himself in the process only to be told that no, this is involving your daughters (legally) and not you. In that case, between lack of legal and financial control, then he would not be interested. I can see that happening if (and it's a big if) any spin off was a real possibility.

And a good thing that a spin off isn't happening, mainly for Jill and Jessa's sake. It may them to do something else with their lives and possibly get out from under their dad's control. While I am not sure what Jill can bring to the mission field, I believe it's a good thing for her and Derick to do it if only to get her away from the TTH. She might get a clue about this crazy family she was born into. Don't know with Jessa though.

While an believe Jim Bob is a control freak, there are might be something in the contract that gives him control.

While I don't think the Duggars contract has ever been seen, the Gosselin and Brown's were under contract as a family unit and the parents had control. The Brown's had kids over 18. We have also seen honey boo boo, the Roloffs, and Kate all had their show cancelled but they were still under contract with TLC for a period of time in which they could not go elsewhere but were not getting new episodes. TLC had to provide Kate with a bodyguard and June with tutors for the girls but not much else during this limbo period.

I bet the Duggars are still under contract with TLC. They are not getting much of anything from TLC but they can't do a show with anyone else until the contract is up. I also believe they had one family contract and Jim Bob was a producer so I bet he does have some say in what direction the show takes. While I think it is crazy 24-26 year old Jill and Derick can't sign for their own show, I think the first contract with TLC is pretty solid. I have read through countless court documents of Jon Gosselin trying to get out of the original contract and TLC has some great lawyers and air tight contracts.

I also have this feeling once the TLC contract is up and if nothing else has happened (like a spin off or new shows), Jim Bob will look for a new network or avenue with "Christian Values". He might has advised the daughters or older kids to hold out and wait till they can work with Christians that understand their family.

But would they have done a wedding special anyway?

Good question. Hard to say, because I get the impression that Amy isn't too popular on the show, but the wedding specials have brought in huge numbers for TLC in the past, so I think it's possible that TLC would have given her a wedding special before Joshgate. Even if only half the people who saw Jessa and Jill's weddings watched, the numbers still would have been a million+.

Amy's such an oddity, though. She wants to be famous, but isn't really interested in working for it. The closest she came to getting any kind of exposure as a country singer was right before her manager quit after she stiffed him for the money she owed after he networked and helped her record music.

Here's an article for anyone wanting to read more:

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/amy-duggar-fires-producer-jamie-slocum-reality-star-gets-new-show/

Good question. Hard to say, because I get the impression that Amy isn't too popular on the show, but the wedding specials have brought in huge numbers for TLC in the past, so I think it's possible that TLC would have given her a wedding special before Joshgate. Even if only half the people who saw Jessa and Jill's weddings watched, the numbers still would have been a million+.

Amy's such an oddity, though. She wants to be famous, but isn't really interested in working for it. The closest she came to getting any kind of exposure as a country singer was right before her manager quit after she stiffed him for the money she owed after he networked and helped her record music.

Here's an article for anyone wanting to read more:

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/amy-duggar-fires-producer-jamie-slocum-reality-star-gets-new-show/

Thus why we call her Famy.

That being said, guess she isn't trying too hard to associate with them now. Even made a point of saying "no comment."

The people article also said that the duggars will appear on a documentary about survivors of sexual abuse.

I dont think they have much to add to something like that, because they will probably be lying about the molestation, counseling etc.

:pull-hair:

Archived