IGNORED

God by the neck - JW film

morri

I'm sharing this with one of my best friends, who grew up Jovie and it's fucked her up so bad that she's still struggling.

I would say that just about any cult has its pat answers to every life situation. Just yesterday, I was watching a rerun of "Wife Swap" where a rock and roll mom switched with a fundie. The fundie's small children were already so indoctrinated that they wouldn't wear pants. They were probably about 5 and 7. Sickening.

I would say that just about any cult has its pat answers to every life situation. Just yesterday, I was watching a rerun of "Wife Swap" where a rock and roll mom switched with a fundie. The fundie's small children were already so indoctrinated that they wouldn't wear pants. They were probably about 5 and 7. Sickening.

I think I have seen this on Youtube a while ago!

Do you mean that one with the fundie chimney sweeper and the rock´n roll dad loosing his job while the Wife Swap?

And do you maybe have a episode number/link for me? I was searching for this episode, but unable to find it.

Just wonder whatever happened to both families...?

I didn't get thru the whole video, it makes me so mad. Where I live the summer temps reach 110* or more on a regular basis. I have had JW knock on my door many times, with little children in tow, in these temps. To make it worse the poor kids are dressed as that little boy and the girls in long sleeve dresses and tights.

If a grown ass adult wants to go and risk heat stroke then have at it but don't drag innocent children with you!

...end rant. Sorry! I see this alot when it is actually too hot for my kids to be in the pool!

I also remember another "Wife Swap" episode where a fundie dad took his daughter away from the non-fundie "wife" who was trying to convince his older daughter that she had more options in life than to become a SAHM. That might have been a different episode than this one, but it's one thing I remember.

In the German wife swap(not half as interesting ) they have VHS /dv to show the people what they can expect , interesting difference.

I also remember another "Wife Swap" episode where a fundie dad took his daughter away from the non-fundie "wife" who was trying to convince his older daughter that she had more options in life than to become a SAHM. That might have been a different episode than this one, but it's one thing I remember.

I remember that one! Isn't that the one where the non-fundie wife arranged "speed dating" for the older fundie daughters, and got one of the girls interested in *gasp* college (until FundyDad shut her down).

Back to the movie, i just watched it and thought it was well done. The actor who played Pablo did a wonderful job at conveying his character's heartbreak, lonliness, and confusion with very few lines.

Yes, this was very moving. Jehova´s Witnesses are such a cloisered sect.

Personally, I have never seen a Jehova´s Witness going soul-winning with a child (I think it is illegal here, like begging with children).

However in earlier days they apparently did so,as my mum once told me.

I only ever recognize the somewhat lost looking people at the train stations, silently holding up their Watchtower magazines.

Yes I ve never seen them with kids here too, I had one door to door person once, and usually they seem to stand in the pedestrian zones near shopping centers..

JWs with kids are common here. There's one family of a single mom w/2 teens who stop by my house on their route. The son preaches at my door while his sister & mom wait on the sidewalk. Sometimes the mom & daughter come alone. I don't have the heart to shut the door on them. I listen politely, and accept the Watchtower.

The little girl's name was Columbia. I still remember the dead look in her eyes when she said at the end that she wants to be a wife and mother, when it was clear her sperm donor wasn't going to give her any choices.

SO thankful I live in a gated, guarded private community where ALL solicitations are forbidden, even resident to resident type.

The freedom has truly changed my life. No more Mormons or JWs when we are expecting a pizza delivery guy. :)

My husband was raised a JW and he recalls spending most of every Saturday knocking on doors. That's on top of Sunday worship and Tuesday and Thursday bible study and ministerial school, or whatever they called it. He had very little free time.

Where I live, it's pretty common for the JWs to bring kids with them when they go door to door. One time, it was one of my son's elementary school classmates out with his grandmother. The poor kid looked so uncomfortable. I felt bad for him.

Archived