IGNORED

I'd rather starve than eat.........

Blahblah

I was having a discussion at work about food that makes you gag. Here is my top three......

1. Oysters

2. Raw fish

3. Anything with gristle

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any fish. Anything that smells like fish. Anything that has been fried in the same oil as fish.

My top 3

1. Olives. I can't even stand the smell of them. I have to hold my breath as I walk by the olive bar in the store.

2. Cilantro. I ordered some soup in a restaurant the other day that unknown to me, had cilantro in it. I had one spoonful and was done. Tasted like a warm bowl of Palmolive.

3. Beer. The mere smell of it makes me want to puke.

1. Mushrooms

2. Peas

3. Raw fish/sushi

4. Peanut butter

I know that there are more, but a lot of things fall into the "hate" group versus "I'd rather starve."

Emmenthal (even the smell makes me sick)

Grana

Most cheeses

Fake strawberry flavoured things (chewing gum, yoghurt, antibiotics)

Raw meat and fish

Tripe!!!!!

Mashed potatoes

Coconut

Soft-boiled eggs

Milk

Buttermilk

Tofu (Soy products in general)

Jalapeños

Peanut butter

Nuts

Oyster, mussels, clams and the like (I refuse to eat anything that looks like a giant snotwad)

Shark fin soup and other seafood caught using unsustainable and/or unethical fishing practices.

Anything made from intestine or brain.

Doritos

Durian

Anything at a full time discount buffet like golden corral.

Hard boiled eggs

Canned salmon

Okra

Chicken liver

Canned mushrooms

Cheese from a can (like the cheap nacho cheese)

Dolphin, whale, horse, cat or dog meat

Flaming hot Cheetos

Any eyeballs or facial features that I'd be able to recognize

Cheetos/Doritos/Cheese puffs: any of those weird orange dust products.

Fruit roll ups. Too many kids doing disgusting things with them when I was a kid.

Onions. (Fun fact, I can say "No onions please" in six different languages. That's how much I hate onions! :lol: )

Peppers.

Marshmallows. See fruit roll up comment.

Sushi.

Ranch dressing.

Cheesecake.

Any type of fried liver. It is not allowed in my house.

My Mom loves it and I would leave the house while she cooked it.

left-over and/or re-heated soup

untoasted sandwich bread

toast cheese (you know, that odd single packed cheese slices)

Döner from cheap street food stands (especially chicken, the smell alone ....*gag*)

processed meat products like "snack sausages"

artifical curry sauce or barbecue sauce

noodles with ketchup

Any snack-like stuff made from corn

"Mice bacon and monkey grease" (aka Marshmellows and margarine/butter substitute)

Jello, jelly and aspic- any type of, even it is only used for a thin covering

Oreos

Cornflakes

Bonus category "I´d rather feed my children the tablecloth than giving them...."

Basically everything labelled "extra for children, super fun to eat" or similar, especially stuff like that weird string cheese (... what is that even supposed to be?)

1. Olives-any type. Or any salad/pizza which has previously had olives and has had them removed-the flavor doesn't go away!

2. Cat/dog meat.

3. Raw carrots.

4. This one mushroom ravioli that I had for dinner once. Even the people who liked mushrooms hated it. I doubt I'd be able to eat it now even though I've gotten to the point at which all mushrooms aren't all evil.

left-over and/or re-heated soup

You would not last half the winter in my house. We have soup basically all winter. I make a huge pot and we eat it for four or five days until it is gone, then I make a new pot.

Hmmmm

1. Anything damply slimy (ex: clams, oysters, mushrooms)

2. The scum on pudding or jello

3. Sushi

4. Lima Beans

5. Oatmeal

6. Items where fruit is in something, especially raisins.

So many more, but these are probably the worst.

:lol:

Nope. I would flat out die.

(Or eat small pets and squirrels^^)

But seriously... soup has a pot life span of approx. 2 hours or so, in the Nym house. Then it gets thrown out (I never make large quantities however, so we hardly have left over soup).

Dito canned soup or dehydrated packed soup. The Duggar pantry soup shot is horrors for me :? !

:lol:

Nope. I would flat out die.

(Or eat small pets and squirrels^^)

But seriously... soup has a pot life span of approx. 2 hours or so, in the Nym house. Then it gets thrown out (I never make large quantities however, so we hardly have left over soup).

Dito canned soup or dehydrated packed soup. The Duggar pantry soup shot is horrors for me :? !

The more I make soup from scratch, the less I can tolerate canned soup. Husband still eats it occasionally, but it tastes worse to me every time I try to.

I get a kick out of if I was starving I would not eat this. I bet you would and be asking for seconds. but it is a fun thread.

I really dislike fake grape flavoring. Oh, and the buttered popcorn flavored jelly bellies. And sweet wine, gag.

I get a kick out of if I was starving I would not eat this. I bet you would and be asking for seconds. but it is a fun thread.

I would eat bugs before I would eat anything on my list. Unless they were mixed with raisins. :nenner:

I would eat bugs before I would eat anything on my list. Unless they were mixed with raisins. :nenner:

I'm not sure I'd eat bugs, but I'd be foraging in my lawn for dandelions, clover, grass, etc. before eating anything on my list. I have to fight back a gagging wave of repulsion even thinking about those things.

I'd rather die than eat anything I'm allergic to since dying of starvation would give me more time to figure out how to live.

I'm uncomfortable with the idea of preferring to die than to eat safe-to-eat foods since that shows our first-world privilege that we can joke about preferring death over mushrooms (one of my least favorites, but I'd eat it to live) and throw out soup for the isn of being more than 2 hours old.

Yep, DGayle, it´s just that. First world privilege in its purest form. And, no , I do not mean that in a sarcastic way!

We ain´t no angels here .

Archived