IGNORED

Kelly C. Spends a Lot of Money

Hisey

I was reading Kelly's personal facebook page today, and she mentions a new online Bible study course she has coming out. She thanks her "team" at Choose Growth for helping her put it together.

Meanwhile, on her blog, she talks about how working women are bad. But that doesn't mean her, of course. It's OTHER working women.

Anyhow, the amazing this is that this "Choose Growth" company charges a flat fee of $10,000 and then a monthly fee of $1600 thereafter. In return, it provides expertise to help "Thought Leaders" create online content that will allow them the lifestyle they want (ie, generate revenue).

Choose Growth is an Oregon company, so it's unlikely Kelly is getting free services by mooching off a friend/parent/acquaintance in Alabama. Here is an article about this company. The link is not broken because it is a newspaper.

http://www.bendbulletin.com/newsroomsta ... rs-to-bend

$10,000 flat fee? $1600 a month? Where is she getting all this money?

It looks like someone named Angie, not Kelly, spent the $ on creating a Bible Study. This Angie person looks like they have a few different writing jobs. Looks like Kelly C helped her review it.

I'm so confused. 10k to start plus 1.6k/month to help sell the Bible Study? I think that is what it means. Is there much money in amateur Bible Studies?

It looks like someone named Angie, not Kelly, spent the $ on creating a Bible Study. This Angie person looks like they have a few different writing jobs. Looks like Kelly C helped her review it.

I'm so confused. 10k to start plus 1.6k/month to help sell the Bible Study? I think that is what it means. Is there much money in amateur Bible Studies?

Oops, sorry about the error. That actually makes more sense. I didn't think Kelly had that kind of money.

I agree with you, though. Are there really that many people who want to buy online Bible studies? How will "Angie" recoup that investment?

I can't see anyone wealthy enough to spend that much on anything being foolish enough to spend it on an online bible study course when churches provide bible study for free.

Oops, sorry about the error. That actually makes more sense. I didn't think Kelly had that kind of money.

I agree with you, though. Are there really that many people who want to buy online Bible studies? How will "Angie" recoup that investment?

If enough mega churches buy a study for use in one of their classes, that can provide hefty royalties. I went to college with someone whose mother wrote 2 Bible studies and made enough on sales to churches and bible colleges to retire, buy some acreage in the mountains and build her dream mini-mansion.

Two Bible studies= mini-mansion? I'm in the wrong industry.

I was just going to say the same thing

I can see churches buying curriculum for their sabbath school classes and such. I'm guessing this is what she's talking about rather than individual personal bible studies.

I was just going to say the same thing

That's pretty much what I thought when my friend told me about it. I don't want to inadvertently "out" someone who's not really online famous, but from what I was told, it sounds like one of the studies was a standard in women's circles at some very prominent churches.

O/T I've yet to run into a "women's Bible study" that was intellectually challenging.

But there sure is a market for same (dumbed-down pablum).

My uncle has written adult education materials as an employee of the Baptist Sunday School Board and as deputy director of a state SBC. He has made a decent living off royalties but did not hit the big time.

Archived