IGNORED

Happy Birthday Mikey Duggar!

SPHASH

Mikey's birthday was yesterday. Happy belated birthday Mikey. Sorry you were born into a fucked up family.

Poor little guy. Hope he had a good birthday, and that he isn't too traumatized from his family going from having it all and being seen as super wholesome people, to his dad being seen as a child molesting scumbag and them losing everything.

Happy Birthday to Michael! I hope his day was filled with fun and that he is doing okay with everything changing in his life right now.

I hope he had a nice birthday as well. Can I request we keep talk about the molestations out of this thread though? It just feels kind of... I don't know... Icky to discuss that in a thread about an innocent kid's birthday.

Happy Birthday Michael!

Hope you have as happy a childhood as you can, and that when you grow up, you can do whatever you want!

The kid is cute and I wish him the best on his birthday. Everything that has happened is not his fault. I wonder how he will respond when he learns the truth about his dad because he will learn the truth. I'm sorry, but it feels like all of the Duggars are starting to test the water with Social Media to see what their approval rating is, and to see if they can stage a come back on their television show. For the small children's sake, there definitely needs to be some normalcy maintained (like a birthday celebration), but I'm hoping the rest of them are working with counselors to get the help needed. I wish they would all just get out of the public eye.

Poor little guy. Hope he had a good birthday, and that he isn't too traumatized from his family going from having it all and being seen as super wholesome people, to his dad being seen as a child molesting scumbag and them losing everything.

I'm pretty sure that, at his age, he doesn't understand enough of what's going on to be traumatized.

Unfortunately he got another crappy banner the family specialize in!

Pimp Daddy Boob and Mullet look like they've aged...worry does that.

It's not a happy birthday when he can google this years from now and realize that his father, aunts, and uncles posted pictures of him and his cousins on the Internet to deflect the damage the Duggars have done to themselves and others.

The whole thing smacks of using them as public relation human shields.

It's not a happy birthday when he can google this years from now and realize that his father, aunts, and uncles posted pictures of him and his cousins on the Internet to deflect the damage the Duggars have done to themselves and others.

Would he necessarily view it that way though? Yes, he may view it the way you stated. He could also view it as his parents being brave enough to venture into social media in the middle of a scandal just to acknowledge that he was celebrating a birthday. I think it all depends on how he will be raised to view what his father did - and lets face it, it isn't likely he's going to be taught anything different than what his Aunts and Uncles were taught.

(To be clear, I agree that he and the others are being used partly as a PR shields.)

That's what I think, they're being used as public relation human shields, and it's disgusting.

Would he necessarily view it that way though? Yes, he may view it the way you stated. He could also view it as his parents being brave enough to venture into social media in the middle of a scandal just to acknowledge that he was celebrating a birthday. I think it all depends on how he will be raised to view what his father did - and lets face it, it isn't likely he's going to be taught anything different than what his Aunts and Uncles were taught.

(To be clear, I agree that he and the others are being used partly as a PR shields.)

It's not a statement of absolute certainty of knowing someone else's viewpoint, though. It's a statement of what constitutes a happy birthday. Most people get to be congratulated/celebrate their birthday as a self-affirming event, not being thrust into the public eye to deflect attention away from their parents. The only thing that makes this worse is that it's googlable, and the Internet is forever.

They can feel happy about it all they want, but it's not a happy birthday by reasonable standards.

If nothing had been posted, we'd be accusing them of ignoring the child's birthday. It seems he had a birthday party with family. The children's lives need to go on; they still are children.

It's not a statement of absolute certainty of knowing someone else's viewpoint, though. It's a statement of what constitutes a happy birthday. Most people get to be congratulated/celebrate their birthday as a self-affirming event, not being thrust into the public eye to deflect attention away from their parents. The only thing that makes this worse is that it's googlable, and the Internet is forever.

They can feel happy about it all they want, but it's not a happy birthday by reasonable standards.

Ahh. Now I see what you meant. Thanks for the clarification!

I do think that the parents are using their kids as PR shields - its easy to see why they would do that because the kids are cute and funny.

But I also agree with lascuba - at some point their lives have to move on, especially the lives of the children. I don't agree with them living such public lives (and I didn't agree with it before all this stuff turned out to be true either) and I don't want them getting the show back. But at some point they have to move on with their lives.

Personally, I wish they would all put their social media accounts on private and get rid of anyone who they don't know personally. That way they could:

A) have the privacy that they probably need (even if they don't know it)

B) be able to share important events with the people they actually know (like, you know, each other because they don't have friends outside the cult)

C) not subject innocent bystanders the sane people of the world normal people to their bullshit

It won't happen though. Because they still consider their life mission to be spreading the word about Jebus and having public social media accounts is the best way to do that right now. :angry-banghead:

If nothing had been posted, we'd be accusing them of ignoring the child's birthday. It seems he had a birthday party with family. The children's lives need to go on; they still are children.

Oh what bullcrap. There's no way for you to know that unless they didn't post their kid's birthday, and since they have, that's a personal attack and a baseless accusation.

Ahh. Now I see what you meant. Thanks for the clarification!

I do think that the parents are using their kids as PR shields - its easy to see why they would do that because the kids are cute and funny.

But I also agree with lascuba - at some point their lives have to move on, especially the lives of the children. I don't agree with them living such public lives (and I didn't agree with it before all this stuff turned out to be true either) and I don't want them getting the show back. But at some point they have to move on with their lives.

Personally, I wish they would all put their social media accounts on private and get rid of anyone who they don't know personally. That way they could:

A) have the privacy that they probably need (even if they don't know it)

B) be able to share important events with the people they actually know (like, you know, each other because they don't have friends outside the cult)

C) not subject innocent bystanders the sane people of the world normal people to their bullshit

It won't happen though. Because they still consider their life mission to be spreading the word about Jebus and having public social media accounts is the best way to do that right now. :angry-banghead:

I also think the kids are going to have a hard enough time growing up and making a life for themselves without Josh putting the kids' name/faces everywhere to be seen. There are people who screengrab names/faces and unfortunately the Internet is populated with enough loonies to make that a concern for parents no matter who they are.

I'm an average person, and I've never posted pictures of my kids unless it's behind a locked account. Most people would want to protect their kids from potential danger, Josh at the age of 27 doesn't seem to grasp that. He has also been on television for several years so he knows what being exposed to the public is like. The whole situation is just horrible, all the way around.

Oh what bullcrap. There's no way for you to know that unless they didn't post their kid's birthday, and since they have, that's a personal attack and a baseless accusation.

:wtf:

Didn't Marcus have a birthday a couple of weeks ago? Was anything posted? Did anyone mention it or care?

Archived