IGNORED

DuggarFamilyBlog.com

roddma

I think they deserve their own thread. I dont even like visiting their FB or blog because they defend Josh to the max.

Yup, totally agree. I won't visit it any more because I don't want them to get the clicks and get advertisers as a result. So I'm totally relying on FJ to keep me updated!!

:shifty:

Yeah, I can't check that site any more. It makes me too mad. They really need to get their heads out of their asses.

How do they know the Duggars?

I almost feel sad for the girls (women?) who run it because they are SO drunk on the Koolaid. And they referred to Josh's molestation as "allegations" and implied that there were lots of false rumors floating around when all of the articles online came directly from police reports and Josh's own confirmation! HE HIMSELF admitted it was true. Fundies deserve black belts in denial.

I can't read that blog without wearing my night guard. It is so rage inducing.

How do they know the Duggars?

I almost feel sad for the girls (women?) who run it because they are SO drunk on the Koolaid. And they referred to Josh's molestation as "allegations" and implied that there were lots of false rumors floating around when all of the articles online came directly from police reports and Josh's own confirmation! HE HIMSELF admitted it was true. Fundies deserve black belts in denial.

I want to know this, too. From their "about us" section, it seems they (it's a mother and adult daughter) just took up Duggar-humping as a hobby. But I've gotten the impression from FJ that they are somewhat Duggar-sanctioned, and may be privy to exclusive info not generally available. Anybody know more details about that?

I want to know this, too. From their "about us" section, it seems they (it's a mother and adult daughter) just took up Duggar-humping as a hobby. But I've gotten the impression from FJ that they are somewhat Duggar-sanctioned, and may be privy to exclusive info not generally available. Anybody know more details about that?

They definitely do communicate with the Duggars, and one of the Duggars' self-taught fundie friends (someone here knows who, I'm sure) does some of the design for the blog.

My impression was that they're superfan leghumpers who are probably about two degrees removed from the Duggars.

The Duggars probably have a lot of TLC limitations on their "official" web presence and having some of "their own people" who can post stuff outside of that contract is probably convenient. I think all of the "official" Duggar instagram and facebook posts are probably approved way ahead of time by someone with the network. The timeline of the stuff they share often is very obviously not "right." And it would explain why Jessa and Jill had a very normal-looking instagram photo the day the scandal broke.

I was going to saying that they were at the wedding, but sheesh who in Arkansas and surrounding area wasn't invited? Did they have enough juice to make it to the after party at TTH? I don't know.

They were able to shoot a video of the girls giving a hair curling demonstration.

They seem to be more of an aggregate of Duggar info (positive) as they rarely have something that isn't readily available elsewhere. Though, they do at times have inside stuff- like they post Anna's parenting tips now and again.

From what I understand reading over the blog, it started as an unauthorized fan page. They were a local Arkansas homeschooling family that loved the Duggar's. They contacted Michelle to do an interview for their blog. It was conducted as the were filming Joy's train ride birthday episode. They posted the interview on their blog and traffic went up. I guess after the train interview they established a relationship with the Duggar's enough that when big questions got asked repeatedly on their blog, they would call the Duggar's to confirm. Then over the years they got to visit the TTH a few times for interviews and went to Jill and Jessa weddings. They are very careful never to post anything without the Duggar's approval now. It could be something we at FJ knows is true but the will wait for Duggar approval.

I wonder if the Duggar's are just letting this family have the blog and keep all the profits? or what their agreement is. It seems like Lilie and Ellie only respond to specific questions that need Duggar approval a few times a week. I wonder if they get to call Michelle on a given time every week to get approvals? Maybe it is Michelle's office PR time?

They definitely do communicate with the Duggars, and one of the Duggars' self-taught fundie friends (someone here knows who, I'm sure) does some of the design for the blog.

My impression was that they're superfan leghumpers who are probably about two degrees removed from the Duggars.

The Duggars probably have a lot of TLC limitations on their "official" web presence and having some of "their own people" who can post stuff outside of that contract is probably convenient. I think all of the "official" Duggar instagram and facebook posts are probably approved way ahead of time by someone with the network. The timeline of the stuff they share often is very obviously not "right." And it would explain why Jessa and Jill had a very normal-looking instagram photo the day the scandal broke.

That was Rachel Wissmann. When I searched the blog for 'Wissmann,' there were a surprising number of hits, including a CD giveaway, so I'm guessing there are some ties there.

It would be interesting to look at the webtraffic statistics for the blog, can anyone provide this? I don't know how to look that up myself. :embarrassed: I'd bet there was a big jump (maybe still is) in traffic, but hopefully people stop looking there when they realize they're supporting the Duggars. I'm probably giving the public too much credit. :mouse-shock:

From what I understand reading over the blog, it started as an unauthorized fan page. They were a local Arkansas homeschooling family that loved the Duggar's. They contacted Michelle to do an interview for their blog. It was conducted as the were filming Joy's train ride birthday episode. They posted the interview on their blog and traffic went up. I guess after the train interview they established a relationship with the Duggar's enough that when big questions got asked repeatedly on their blog, they would call the Duggar's to confirm. Then over the years they got to visit the TTH a few times for interviews and went to Jill and Jessa weddings. They are very careful never to post anything without the Duggar's approval now. It could be something we at FJ knows is true but the will wait for Duggar approval.

I wonder if the Duggar's are just letting this family have the blog and keep all the profits? or what their agreement is. It seems like Lilie and Ellie only respond to specific questions that need Duggar approval a few times a week. I wonder if they get to call Michelle on a given time every week to get approvals? Maybe it is Michelle's office PR time?

They post such soft news and before the scandal I don't think got enough traffic for there to be that much in profits vs time and expense daily blogging about the Duggars. If you look at the stuff they post, it's mostly items that are already out there, so not worth it to Michelle to be that closely involved in this fan blog. My guess is they got blanket permission to repost previously published stuff like Jill's baby pics. They always repost the People and TLC stuff. I'm sure they took pics at the Duggar weddings, but only official photos were shown. They really are an aggregate of pro-Duggar info. I think it's the only way that they could keep a daily blog going.

Whatever they are doing it, they liked it enough that they are repeating it for the Bates.

They post such soft news and before the scandal I don't think got enough traffic for there to be that much in profits vs time and expense daily blogging about the Duggars. If you look at the stuff they post, it's mostly items that are already out there, so not worth it to Michelle to be that closely involved in this fan blog. My guess is they got blanket permission to repost previously published stuff like Jill's baby pics. They always repost the People and TLC stuff. I'm sure they took pics at the Duggar weddings, but only official photos were shown. They really are an aggregate of pro-Duggar info. I think it's the only way that they could keep a daily blog going.

Whatever they are doing it, they liked it enough that they are repeating it for the Bates.

My husband has a business website and has a way to check hits on websites. I checked the duggar family blog and it has over 500,000 hits a month. I assume that is pretty good. It actually had almost the exact same number of hits last month as my favorite pajama store soma.com, I was trying to find a site that I know that came very close to the family blog.

I assume there has to be a little profit in it, not to make a living but enough to buy some nice maxi skirts and modest tops.

My husband has a business website and has a way to check hits on websites. I checked the duggar family blog and it has over 500,000 hits a month. I assume that is pretty good. It actually had almost the exact same number of hits last month as my favorite pajama store soma.com, I was trying to find a site that I know that came very close to the family blog.

I assume there has to be a little profit in it, not to make a living but enough to buy some nice maxi skirts and modest tops.

Not that many: On average over the past six months, traffic is about 65,000 a month. I get that on a 50-page website.

https://www.quantcast.com/duggarfamilyb ... cale=en_US

(Soma.com averages over 1,300,000 unique visitors per month.)

Those numbers are pretty impressive. Still, I find it creepy that anyone would devote that much of their lives to people they don't know. There are a lot of people out there that I think are pretty cool, but I would never start up a blog about them and update it daily. That's verging into stalker territory imo.

Good resource for all the Duggars nasty recipes though. I occasionally go there when I feel like I'm going to break my diet so I'll lose my appetite.

Those numbers are pretty impressive. Still, I find it creepy that anyone would devote that much of their lives to people they don't know. There are a lot of people out there that I think are pretty cool, but I would never start up a blog about them and update it daily. That's verging into stalker territory imo.

Good resource for all the Duggars nasty recipes though. I occasionally go there when I feel like I'm going to break my diet so I'll lose my appetite.

It's even odder when you read their ABOUT US which states that they were looking for a project they could do together. OK so let's say they wanted to be bloggers, so that leaves out taking up knitting etc together. So the only thing they could come up with that moved both their needles was reporting on the Duggars (and now Bates) Crazy.

And mostly what they do is act as an aggregate. Very RARELY do they have an exclusive. They don't have a critical eye as they will spit out whatever they hear from Duggars without question happily reported (ex concert pianist) I think the only original stuff is Duggar episode recaps. I could maybe possibly see it if they produce more original material, but grabbing stuff off Duggar social media, TLC, and People just seems tedious.

and they're grown ass adults. Shameful

The feeling I get from the blog is that the girl are a sort off superfan and fundie light. They where invited up to the house. I used to read the website now and then but since the allegations against Josh I'm avoiding the site.

This blog is like a car accident. You don't want to watch it, but you have to...

And all these leghumber comments do definitly lead to high blood pressure.

I remember a leghumber's comment referring to the molestation scandal. It was something like "what do people make such a fuss about it. Molestations happen quite often". :angry-banghead:

Just tried to find the original comment, but the leghumpers have been diligently posting too many comments about forgiveness and "please bring back the show" within the last weeks.

And I think it is kind of cute how many leghumbers want to boykott TLC and the companies who pulled ads from 19kac.

These narrow-minded leghumpers won't and don't seem to see that advertising and business is nor about forgiveness neither about sympathie for the victims. It's unemotional. It's about making money and being connected to the right people, not to child molesters.

(Btw: I love those huge fans who talk about the DuggErs. )

The feeling I get from the blog is that the girl are a sort off superfan and fundie light. They where invited up to the house. I used to read the website now and then but since the allegations against Josh I'm avoiding the site.

Well, since the scandal broke out, they renounced the Duggars stating they couldn't in good conscience support a family covering up child molestation to protect the perpetrator and not the victims. They have shut down the site.

JOKES! I kid!

They totally took the opposite stance.

Archived