IGNORED

Sovereign Citizens come to a blue state!

Hane

I work for a public utility company in the brightest of bright blue states. Today, a colleague in our fraud prevention unit mentioned that he had not one but two "sovereign citizen"-type cases. In one, a foreign-born woman cited some kind of tribal law from her native county that "forbade" her to have a Social Security or taxpayer ID number--and hope we "wouldn't hold that against her." Another was just was some garden-variety wingnut from "The Republic of [town name here]."

Essentially, they want utility service without any accountability should they choose not to pay.

A little trivia :

Here in Canada the colors are reversed, Blue represents the the conservatives and red is liberal.

OK - I have no use for the no SS#, no birth certificate, etc, ad nauseum crowd.

I personally have - and have paid the bill for - electricity from the local provider all of my adult life. (Many years).

But why the heck would - should - my SS# be needed by them? (As far as I remember, they don't have it.) The electricity provider has the ultimate say in motivating payment anyway. They can turn it off (assuming there is not official paperwork re: major health issues, etc).

Not seeing the need to spread my SS# around more than it already is.

OK - I have no use for the no SS#, no birth certificate, etc, ad nauseum crowd.

I personally have - and have paid the bill for - electricity from the local provider all of my adult life. (Many years).

But why the heck would - should - my SS# be needed by them? (As far as I remember, they don't have it.) The electricity provider has the ultimate say in motivating payment anyway. They can turn it off (assuming there is not official paperwork re: major health issues, etc).

Not seeing the need to spread my SS# around more than it already is.

I agree with you on this. Moreover, we are not supposed to be asked for our SS#, and I've been known to refuse.

A little trivia :

Here in Canada the colors are reversed, Blue represents the the conservatives and red is liberal.

A week ago was my state's primary. When I voted, I had to hand the person at the machine a ticket (to determine which ballot I get). The GOP ticket is blue and the Democratic ticket is red. They really need to reverse the colors.

In my area there are so many who have outstanding balances that the electric company (and cable and water and internet providers) have resorted to asking for tons of information like SS#, copies of leases, etc. Seems some adults had resorted to using their minor childrens' info for bills and then not paying. Child then turns 18 and owes Electric Co. thousands of dollars because of dear old mom and/or dad. Hence the additional info needed.

In my area there are so many who have outstanding balances that the electric company (and cable and water and internet providers) have resorted to asking for tons of information like SS#, copies of leases, etc. Seems some adults had resorted to using their minor childrens' info for bills and then not paying. Child then turns 18 and owes Electric Co. thousands of dollars because of dear old mom and/or dad. Hence the additional info needed.

Oh yes, that's an old trick I'm quite acquainted with. The newest one in the same vein from my neck of the woods is for those who have overstayed their tourist visa. For example, they give birth and name the child after the parent for an instant SS# which would allow the parents to work because they'll have a SS card which matches their state issued DL.

A little trivia :

That is true in the UK and Europe too. The left leaning parties are usually identified with red.

Up until about 2000 the Democrats were represented with red in the USA too. I'm not sure when or why the colors were reversed.

I don't know why utility companies would need a SS# either. Odd.

That is true in the UK and Europe too. The left leaning parties are usually identified with red.

Up until about 2000 the Democrats were represented with red in the USA too. I'm not sure when or why the colors were reversed.

Bolded by me. Because there are a lot of skanky people who use relatives (usually minors or someone incapacitated) info for bills and then don' t pay them leaving the victims with jacked up credit. Utilities use a lot of identifiers to reduce the fraud and are able to track it. Many non custodial parents who are skanky use their kids name, birthdate, ss#, you name it for all kinds of nefarious activities. Even when they get arrested.

Wikipedia actually has an article about that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_states_and_blue_states It looks like there are a couple ideas about what happened, and both could be right. One is that colors were alternated every election, so that Republicans were blue in 88, red in 92, blue in 96, etc. (This is what I had read before.) The other is that different networks used different colors, so one might color Republicans red and the other color Republicans blue.

The 2000 election was so controversial and drawn out and the election map was shown all the time so news networks all started using the same color scheme, and that image of red for Republicans and blue for Democrats stuck in people's heads.

The 2000 election is the first I can remember and I was shocked to learn that the red/blue divide was created relatively recently. Those colors are so ingrained in American politics now that it's hard to imagine them being different.

In New Zealand, Labour (left-wing) is Red and National (right wing) is Blue. Having said that, Even National looks far left-liberal compared to US politics.

Its switched over here in the UK too. Red (Labour) is left, blue (Conservative) is right. They are just the most popular though, and are towards the middle compared to the US political parties. We have many other political parties, including some far left and right ones and some in the middle, but most people vote for the main two.

People who decline giving a Social Security number have the choice of giving a taxpayer ID number instead, and many businesses do, in my experience with this company. The "sovereign citizens'" refusal to do so points to scamminess.

In the U.S., the color red was originally associated with Godless Communism[tm][/tm] (and blue hints of "blue blood"), so my theory is that blue went to the liberals to avoid labeling them as "pinkoes."

I imagine a utility company needs a SSN for credit reporting purposes on delinquent accounts.

anyway, I worked in customer service for a mortgage company for a couple years and we got these types every now and then from all over the place. They would mostly just send in letters saying how the bank can't actually have a lien on the property because gold and the bill of rights and a bunch of mumbo jumbo I can't remember. We had a whole unit that took care of freeman letters, thats how prevalent they were.

I imagine a utility company needs a SSN for credit reporting purposes on delinquent accounts.

anyway, I worked in customer service for a mortgage company for a couple years and we got these types every now and then from all over the place. They would mostly just send in letters saying how the bank can't actually have a lien on the property because gold and the bill of rights and a bunch of mumbo jumbo I can't remember. We had a whole unit that took care of freeman letters, thats how prevalent they were.

Funny how these idiots cite the Constitution, given that most of them have never read it. They only know about the part that get mentioned on TV.

Funny how these idiots cite the Constitution, given that most of them have never read it. They only know about the part that get mentioned on TV.

I dealt with the same thing when I was a pension administrator. We would get levies from the IRS attaching pensions due to non-payment of taxes. (sometimes over $100,000 was owed) Yup, they just refused to pay their taxes because California wasn't a real state, the IRS was really an off-shore business, yada, yada, yada. Also, for some reason they would not acknowledge zip codes, Imagine the shock when we did our calculations as provided by the IRS and determined that their $3000 a month pension was now $495.00 with the rest going to the IRS. I got sued once because I withheld pension benefits due to a levy but the judge almost laughed the guy out of court. NOBODY ignores an IRS levy lest your business becomes responsible for the taxes owed.

If you want to go ass over teakettle down the sovereign citizen rabbit hole, you can start by knowing how to cancel your SSN and birth certificate STAT! I know you want to stop paying those pesky taxes, so follow the detailed instructions that can be found right here:

http://qbit.cc/how-to-cancel-your-socia ... n-citizen/

Start paying and demanding payment in gold and silver at your local merchants! Then, if you really want to get your Sovereign on, google 'UCC 1-308'

Next, if you have an overwhelming need to stoke your paranoiac fantasies and deeply understand that the world is not as it seems, visit the rest of

qbit.cc

Know that the rescue ferrets can be mobilized if you get in too deep. These would not be regular rescue ferrets; specially trained black ops (or black footed) rescue ferrets would be scrambled in this situation.

There are pockets of them all over the world. I've prosecuted several in Ontario (Canada). Blame the Internet.

Archived