IGNORED

The Royal Chanceys?

GenerationCedarchip

I just had a random thought: Has anything been going on with the Chancey's lately? Their only presence online seems to be via Jennie Chancey's pattern business, and she makes a point of keeping that a "no religious discussion, please" zone. Things have been awfully quiet with them lately, so I had wondered.

I would guess they may be too busy trying to recreate slavery and colonialism to bother posting. But it is just a guess.

I would guess they may be too busy trying to recreate slavery and colonialism to bother posting. But it is just a guess.

:lol:

You mean The Chanceys of Africa?

They're still reproducing (#11 born last year) and they're still in Africa but had relocated to S. Africa after some visa issues with Kenya.

Maybe they'll move to Zambia and hang out with Voddie.

How funny that you mention them--I was JUST thinking about Jennie today, for no particular reason. On her FB is a family photo from this spring, and you can see that the oldest daughter is wearing jeans. I don't know if Jennie was ever strictly skirts-only, but it seems to me that a lot of the VF types we used to talk about have loosened up a bit, at least outwardly, in the past couple of years.

Last I saw Jeaney announced that they were "scaling back of Facebook"

Let me see if I can dig up that reference... ah yes, here it is.

http://www.facebook.com/jennie.chancey/ ... 9063547317

"Honest injun!"

Oh. That's not racist or anything. Not like I'd expect better after that mindbogglingly horrid picture of Matt with that soldier looking the part of a smug white colonialist.

There are few families who set me on edge like these. Those aren't jeans on the girls. They're leggings under skirts.

Walking away while the BP is still within healthy limits.

The girl on the right (daughter Belle) sure looks like she's wearing light-colored jeans to me. But that’s not the only shocking revelation. In the comments, Jennie says, “Karen, shhhh -- don't tell, but we robbed girls' drawers to find enough white shirts for the little guys. Ha ha ha!â€

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153289781257317&set=a.486599712316.275965.603892316&type=1

Mock God’s created order much, Jennie? No wonder the LGBT agenda is overrunning the world.

You mean The Chanceys of Africa?

They're still reproducing (#11 born last year) and they're still in Africa but had relocated to S. Africa after some visa issues with Kenya.

Maybe they'll move to Zambia and hang out with Voddie.

And Grifter John.

How funny that you mention them--I was JUST thinking about Jennie today, for no particular reason. On her FB is a family photo from this spring, and you can see that the oldest daughter is wearing jeans. I don't know if Jennie was ever strictly skirts-only, but it seems to me that a lot of the VF types we used to talk about have loosened up a bit, at least outwardly, in the past couple of years.

Jeans? Wow! I don't know the Chanceys myself but we have acquaintances in common and from what I've heard, they are one of the last families I'd expect to see changing on the skirts only, etc.. They're one of the few in fundie-dom who don't seem to have more secular relatives.

And speaking of the radio silence, even the mutual acquaintances I mentioned don't seem to have heard much since baby #11.

• 2 months later...

It's really weird to me to read about the Chancey family now, because I knew Jennie fairly well a long time ago, and she's so different now that I have trouble understanding how it's all the same person. I don't have any current information, unfortunately.

Archived