IGNORED

Tony Jones wants threads removed from FJ

Firiel

Starting a new thread because the old one is archived and I thought this would be of specific interest. Old thread here: viewtopic.php?f=269&t=24113

Tony Jones, asshole abuser, had his lawyer send his ex-wife a letter telling her to contact every website that has discussed his abuse and ask them to remove any reference to him and this scandal.

Free Jinger made the cut: scribd.com/doc/265151674/Jones-McMahon-Lawyer-Letter-5-12-15

Sorry, Tony. The Internet is forever, and you aren't the first person who thinks that you can intimidate people into removing online content.

:nenner:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't anyone tell him that making a list of all 6544782547 places the internet said mean things about you will only get people who never saw them the first time (like me) go and read them? :clap:

Didn't anyone tell him that making a list of all 6544782547 places the internet said mean things about you will only get people who never saw them the first time (like me) go and read them? :clap:

I know, right?

Free speech is a bitch like that.

I fail to see why it's his ex-wife's responsibility to get them removed, even if possible. She didn't post the commentary. Asshat.

Tony, I have a story for you:

Once upon a time, there was a Chinese video for a song called "Grass Horse". Now, Mandarin is a tonal language, and word meanings change depending on the tone you use. However, tones are not used when singing, and so meaning must be inferred from the context. When tones were removed from this song, the song could either be about a grass horse....or an insult to your mother.

The Chinese Government decided it was obscene, and sought to remove it from the internet. However, every time they would remove a posting of the video, 5 more postings would pop up in it's place. Eventually, the government had to concede defeat. There was no way for them to remove the video when everyone would just repost it.

In the end, instead of one posting of an obscene video that a few people had seen, there were millions of postings of the video and EVERYONE had seen it.

I know you probably are not familiar with terrible pagan Greek mythology, but the internet is a Hydra. Fight it wrong, and you only make it stronger.

Starting a new thread because the old one is archived and I thought this would be of specific interest. Old thread here: viewtopic.php?f=269&t=24113

Tony Jones, asshole abuser, had his lawyer send his ex-wife a letter telling her to contact every website that has discussed his abuse and ask them to remove any reference to him and this scandal.

Free Jinger made the cut: scribd.com/doc/265151674/Jones-McMahon-Lawyer-Letter-5-12-15

Sorry, Tony. The Internet is forever, and you aren't the first person who thinks that you can intimidate people into removing online content.

:nenner:

So basically he is trying to erase all mention of abuse allegations from the internet? Good luck with that. :lol:

This is the first I've heard anything about this. I wonder if anyone will actually contact us.

This is the first I've heard anything about this. I wonder if anyone will actually contact us.

The letter was just posted on Scribd this morning, so it's a pretty new development.

From what I've heard, many of the sites that have covered this story closely have received litigation threats from The Asshole himself.

You'll have to tell us if anyone contacts you. :)

I'm fascinated with every new development in this story, and I basically can't get enough of it.

Until now, I had not heard of this person. Now, I have heard that 1) he isn't very bright and 2) he was at least accused of abuse.

Tony, did you ever hear the old saying "Let sleeping dogs lie"? Should have done that.

I didn't know anything about him until this thread either. :lol: And now this thread is going to have to be added to the list of things to be deleted off the internet. :lol:

I read the title of this thread and laughed out loud. Will never happen, Tony.

Well, I mean, at least Tony has lawyers and not just Goggle tactics.

So he's doing better than some of the people who have threatened to get stuff removed from FJ.

I was thinking who the heck is Tony Jones? Now I am off to search FJ archives!

It's only the one thread about him-- if you want more info, though, my original post in that old thread has some good links.

Here's a good summary: rlstollar.wordpress.com/2015/02/11/the-evidence-against-tony-jones/

I wasn't really paying attention to this either, but now I want to for the lulz. I'm off to discuss this tool on other forums.

Hail Hydra!

If anyone is interested, this situation is discussed pretty frequently on the Stuff Christian Culture Likes Facebook page. That's how I first heard about it. :)

There are some major discussions on the Wartburg Watch, too.

Hydra? Try multiple hydras!

If they do, you must get our resident Degreed Law Professional on the case ASAP!!

I'm not sure who Tony Jones is, but he can take his request and shove it up his ass.

Maybe Cabinetman or Homegirl Ruby can refer him to one of their "top-flight" lawyers that they "have on retainer".

Who is this guy, anyway?

Archived