IGNORED

Bates article in the Daily Mail

romadiva

So they bum medical care and we pay for it. of course mom and dad have more free time the girls do the work like duhh. How do they afford 1000 a month in food?

Anyone notice the riffle in the first photo's caption?

Parental control: The couple told Nightline that they are paying for more babies to add to their family of 20

Hah.

So they bum medical care and we pay for it. of course mom and dad have more free time the girls do the work like duhh. How do they afford 1000 a month in food?

It's all Lawson can afford after he's lined Daddy's pockets and paid Erin's tuition to her rinky-dink "college."

this really shows a lack of respect of god. it's like if we jump through all of the hoops and hold our tongues just right we can change gods mind and get him to do what we want. if we beg enough he will do it. how does this show respect how is this letting god choose? if god wants you to have all those children why does he not also feed your family?

So hypocrite.

How's hormone therapy trusting God with the size of their family?

They want more kids. That's what they decided. It's not what "God" intended (obviously, otherwise they'd get pregnant).

I don't thikn there's anything wrong with hormone therapy for people who can't get pregnant. But then please, don't act like it all just naturally happened...

Found it!! So, nevermind. :)

Now I'm gonna go buy a bottle of red wine and then I'm all set for my saturday night home alone. :)

If she did hormonal therapy to become more fertile, it's going against "Allowing God to decide how many children to have." Seriously, these women need help if they're that obsessed with being pregnant, especially Kelly.

It really irked me when they were on "19 kids and counting" and Kelly compared "risky pregnancies" to "getting hit by a bus", stating that both have the same risks so shouldn't be afraid to walk across a street, just like how you shouldn't be afraid to get pregnant again because of some complications.

Kelly, there's a reason why not a lot of us allow "God" to decide how many children we should have. It's not because we're selfish but it's because we know how many children we can handle. I know if I had 18 children, I would not have time to spend individual time with each of them plus the thought of making my own children second parents to my own kids would piss me off. The only reason why you seem so "stress free" is because you "train" your older girls to be a second mother, helping YOU raise them, because you just can't do it on your own. If you and your husband cannot handle 18 children without the help of others, it's a sign from God that maybe, just maybe, you should think twice about getting pregnant. You're going from responsible and mature to irresponsible and stupid. The fact that you're using hormonal therapy to become more fertile just shows how mentally messed up you are and have become obsessed with pregnancies. This isn't "God deciding how many children"; this is you and your husband's selfish ways. Keep this up and I highly doubt you're going to allow your older girls to get married since you rely so heavily on them in helping you raise your own. Selfish wackadoodle.

Ah, hypocrisy. If You are "trusting God", then a miscarriage is a sign that the baby was not meant to be. While I do understand the desire to do everything possible to save an existing pregnancy, if God doesn't want you to have the baby, you won't, so any intervention other than prayer is unnecessary, and shows a lack of faith.

Progesterone shots recently skyrocketed in price to $1500 per shot. How are they paying for that? Does Lawson even have enough money to finance all necessary shots?

No idea but if they're spending $1500 for shots by using Lawson's money then that's just completely selfish of them and I'm sure God would frown upon that type of behavior. I understand you should love and respect your parents but that doesn't mean you should hand them money so they can higher the chances of getting pregnant. I seriously hope it's not true.

Just to clarify: I'm not saying Lawson IS financing the progesterone shots, but it's a fair assumption seeing as Gil makes just enough to get by, and they seem to regard Lawson as some sort of revolving line of credit.

Guest Anonymous

Does this mean the newest bates is down the toilet?:

Two miscarriages before the births of her last two children made Kelly opt for hormone therapy to strengthen her uterus wall and the mother has just suffered another miscarriage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1WFrY676X

My other question is do they have burials for the miscarriages?

So I understand Lawson, supposedly 13?, is financially supporting his family? 1- How much money can a 13-year.old even make and 2- where do y'all get this from?

No. He started a lawn care business when he was 13 that now six or seven years later (I don't know his exact age -- 20 or so?) helps support the family. We got it from a series of newspaper articles that recently ran on the Bates family and from a "documentary' or new story done by ABC Primetime/Nightline wherein Gil Bates admitted that Lawon contributes huge sums of money to pay for the family's needs.

Guest Anonymous
the UK article is referring to the miscarriage she had earlier this year, before she announce the pregnancy this summer.

TY but she certainly doesn't look pregnant in that picture.

No. He started a lawn care business when he was 13 that now six or seven years later (I don't know his exact age -- 20 or so?) helps support the family. We got it from a series of newspaper articles that recently ran on the Bates family and from a "documentary' or new story done by ABC Primetime/Nightline wherein Gil Bates admitted that Lawon contributes huge sums of money to pay for the family's needs.

Thank you, I got it. I'm just watching right now and I'm only halfway through, so I'm kinda behind here. :)

Anotherquestoin- "God's got plenty of money?"(Gil) What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Archived