IGNORED

Speaking of the Duggars with a Duggar fan.

ladypuglover

After taking #4 puglover to his game, I was talking to the lady who helps the coach out and somehow we got on the subject of the Duggars. Turns out that she adores the Duggar family and thinks they can do no wrong. I asked what she thought of the kids not being allowed to go to college, having to raise their younger siblings, having to do laundry for 20 or cook for 20 while still being a kid. I also asked how she felt about JD being an adult man who isn't allowed to go get his pilots license even though he is almost 21. She looked at me funny and said she never thought about it before but it doesn't sound like all roses and sunshine. She was thoughtful for a bit and said I have to think about this now but it can't be so bad if all the kids are so well behavied and happy. I said the kids aren't as well behavied as they were at the start of the show and are they really happy? Anyone can fake a smile but those kids are not smiling with their eyes. She started frowning and said she wanted to talk about it next week after she thinks on it. A new convert?

Good for you in talking with this woman, Ladypuglover! I think and hope that you've opened her eyes a bit to the truth about the Duggars.

The Duggars kind of dodged a bullet by having mostly girls first, because people will be less likely to question it when they don't go to college. But hopefully you got through to this person and she wasn't just being polite. Maybe some late night she'll think about it and Google some things.

She started frowning and said she wanted to talk about it next week after she thinks on it. A new convert?

Why don't we start gathering a collection of avatars she can choose from as a welcoming gesture when she joins FJ??

All it takes sometimes is a little push of questioning and critical thinking to make Duggar fans see the light. I've have heard Duggar fans say before that the children all seem so happy but like the OP said anyone can fake a smile and I also bet Boob, Mullet and TLC probably tell the kids to always be smiling. There have been times when the older girls don't seem to happy on camera.

The Duggars kind of dodged a bullet by having mostly girls first, because people will be less likely to question it when they don't go to college. But hopefully you got through to this person and she wasn't just being polite. Maybe some late night she'll think about it and Google some things.

I hope she does too. The Internet has been one of the ways that people find out that the Duggars and their lifestyle aren't always roses and sunshine. NLQ, twop, FJ, and other sites that give out deep info on ATI, Gothard, VF and quiverfull lifestyles have made people see that the Duggars are pretty much apart of cult like movement. Maybe the lady will stumble onto the blog/site that Anna's brother-in-law runs about Gothard recovery and escape.

I know some Duggar fans myself. I think that their die-hard fans just accept the show at face value and may not dig deeper into A.T.I and the family's actual beliefs.

I know some Duggar fans myself. I think that their die-hard fans just accept the show at face value and may not dig deeper into A.T.I and the family's actual beliefs.

I know a couple that are the same way. They just buy into what TLC and the family says. Also one of the Duggars fans that I know is pretty naive about reality shows. She doesn't realize that 75-80% of reality shows are staged. If people pay more attention to reality shows there are times you can see that some things are staged. I think in episode where they celebrated Jackson's birthday at the pizza/arcade place, it seemed weird that Jackson would be able to win so many tickets from games in a short amount of time to buy Johanna those princess toys. My bet is that TLC paid the arcade cash and they helped make it seem like Jackson had enough tickets for the princess toys.

Archived