IGNORED

Princesses = abused and purity balls

Chowder Head

I am going to leave this here.

An awareness campaign targeting any girl / woman who has been subject to domestic violence. The aim of the poster series is to encourage victims to report their cases in order for the authorities to prevent it from happening again. Princesses abused

http://www.sainthoax.com/happyneverafter.html

An awareness campaign targeting minors who have been subject to sexual abuse by a family member. The aim of the poster series is to encourage victims to report their cases in order for the authorities to prevent it from happening again. princesses s and sexual family abuse

- http://www.sainthoax.com/princestdiaries.html

Personally they are a bit odd and disturbing. Odd in the way the characters are the same but different princesses.

When i saw these i though of all the fundy girls and how they drem of prince charming and the whole ekk purity balls.

If they want to look up to a real live princess, they should look up to Princess Anne.

I think the domestic violence ones would have been better if the artist varied the abuse-- all the different princesses having the same exact injuries was.....odd.

The sexual abuse ones were just weird and didn't get their message across very well IMHO.

The "Princest Diaries" was just creepy. It looked more like an excuse to draw incest fanart.

My first thought was creepy. Second thought was "Yikes! Has this Awareness Campaign run these Disney Princess poster series by any focus groups?" :shock: Third thought was "Disney is going to issue a Cease and Desist letter any second now and sue!"

Then I realized just looking around the site that this is artwork developed by a young (high school, perhaps college but that is stretching) girl somewhere in the Middle East. I doubt there is an awareness campaign except in her hopes.

I wonder which "renowned" art gallery in London was interested in her War Drags You Out series. Sad that she couldn't get a visa. She's interested in politics and domestic violence prevention, not surprisingly although I'm just guessing where she is. She has talent, so her concepts could be refined and artwork developed into something better in time.

I think the domestic violence ones would have been better if the artist varied the abuse-- all the different princesses having the same exact injuries was.....odd.

The sexual abuse ones were just weird and didn't get their message across very well IMHO.

If these were done by a young woman/girl., perhaps the injuries are what she has endured.

Archived