IGNORED

Christine O'donnel and sexual harassment claim.

tabitha2

I love the commenter who said:

Anita Hill to Christine O'Donnell, "Girl, pls!"

If stupid was a crime, she'd be doing life.

As someone who was actually sexually harrassed right out of my job (that I loved), I find her comparing real sexual harassment to someone interviewing her on what she had actually written in her own book, that she was there to promote, extremely offensive. And I'm guessing that millions of other American women (and many men) do, too.

Christine O'Donnell is defending her decision to walk off Piers Morgan's CNN show by saying he was asking sexually harassing questions -- including "sex questions that he would not ask of a man."

The former U.S. Senate candidate from Delaware has said that women in politics -- particularly Republican women -- are held to a double standard and suggested that that's precisely what happened Wednesday night when she and her staff put a halt to the interview. She said on the "Today Show Friday morning that the public was misled to believe that it was the questions Morgan was asking about her position on gay marriage and the "don't ask, don't tell" policy that drove her off the set.

"It was not about the questions of gay marriages, as the producer very dishonestly tried to portray it. It was ... the very inappropriate, creepy line of questioning leading up to that. And I think that I was a very good sport for the first 20 minutes," she said. But it was questions that he'd asked just moments before the gay rights issues -- including one about masturbation -- that unnerved her. "Do you still think masturbation is wrong?" he asked, followed by "Have you committed lust in your heart

First of all, she is the one who joined a group to tell other people that masturbation was akin to adultery. Are we supposed to forget that? She does not believe in same sex marriage and wouldn't answer the freaking' question. Michelle Bauchmann has started doing the exact same thing.

Republican women do not get picked on any more than Democrats. Does anyone remember how Hillary Clinton was vilified and mocked? The difference is that Clinton doesn't whine about her treatment as much.

The only thing inappropriate and creepy about that interview was O'Donnell herself. She is a freak. I know there are smart, capable republican woman out there. Why do these religious fruitcakes continue to be the female face of the GOP? The GOP must distance themselves from the crazee if they ever want to be taken seriously by anybody other than the wackadoodles.

The only thing inappropriate and creepy about that interview was O'Donnell herself. She is a freak. I know there are smart, capable republican woman out there. Why do these religious fruitcakes continue to be the female face of the GOP? The GOP must distance themselves from the crazee if they ever want to be taken seriously by anybody other than the wackadoodles.

Agreed. I think Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins must weep over people like O'Donnell, Palin, and Bachmann being the face of their party.

Agreed. I think Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins must weep over people like O'Donnell, Palin, and Bachmann being the face of their party.

NO sympathy for Snowe or Collins. They choose to remain in the Republican party.

To be honest, following up "Do you still think masturbation is wrong?" with "Have you ever committed lust in your heart?" is kinda fucking creepy. My alarm bells would have gone off too, shit. Shame on you, Piers. Even if it was just horrible juxtaposition and not meant to actually harass her, it's still kinda personal to ask someone if they've ever lusted for someone.

On the other hand, Christine O'Donnell is still batshit insane and I wouldn't be particularly surprised if she twisted that around. I haven't seen the show so I can't say for sure what happened. But I'm not going to accuse her of twisting things around when stuff like that happens regularly off-camera.

I disagree that he wouldn't have asked a man that, in fact we all know the stereotype about dudes- if O'Donnell were a man she'd have been asked those questions a long time ago. If it really did happen the way she said it did, even if she were a man, that would have been creepy.

To be honest, following up "Do you still think masturbation is wrong?" with "Have you ever committed lust in your heart?" is kinda fucking creepy. My alarm bells would have gone off too, shit. Shame on you, Piers. Even if it was just horrible juxtaposition and not meant to actually harass her, it's still kinda personal to ask someone if they've ever lusted for someone.

On the other hand, Christine O'Donnell is still batshit insane and I wouldn't be particularly surprised if she twisted that around. I haven't seen the show so I can't say for sure what happened. But I'm not going to accuse her of twisting things around when stuff like that happens regularly off-camera.

I disagree that he wouldn't have asked a man that, in fact we all know the stereotype about dudes- if O'Donnell were a man she'd have been asked those questions a long time ago. If it really did happen the way she said it did, even if she were a man, that would have been creepy.

:text-yeahthat:

the way she made a big deal out of it I am not sure it was wrong to ask. When you wave a flag around don't be surprised when someone asks what it means.

She was the one who made an issue of those things, in both her past public remarks and in her book. I do think they are weird, if not creepy, things to be talking about, but she opened the door herself. I don't think she can claim sexual harassment when she made an issue of those topics.

As I said, it's the (supposed) juxtaposition of those questions, which did make it sound very, very personal and thus really creepy.

Normally I would say those are creepy things to be asked, but she's the one who brought those things up in public and in her book. I believe that anything you say as a public statement is fair to ask about. And if a man had brought these things up, why wouldn't they be asked about. Guess it's the journalist in me, but i've learned everything you put out to the public is on the record, and if you didn't want to talk about it in an interview, you never should have written it in a book or made a public statement about it. Although the 'have you ever commited lust in your heart' is too much. It would have, however, been appropriate to ask her what she thinks that means in general.

Normally I would say those are creepy things to be asked, but she's the one who brought those things up in public and in her book. I believe that anything you say as a public statement is fair to ask about. And if a man had brought these things up, why wouldn't they be asked about. Guess it's the journalist in me, but i've learned everything you put out to the public is on the record, and if you didn't want to talk about it in an interview, you never should have written it in a book or made a public statement about it. Although the 'have you ever commited lust in your heart' is too much. It would have, however, been appropriate to ask her what she thinks that means in general.

Exactly. That's just way too personal. Way. too. personal.

I came across his and some of them are really funny. She is really, really stupid, but quite entertaining. My favorite is: "American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains." - Fox News's The O'Reilly Factor, 2007

For the rest:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/2 ... __Adultery

Normally I would think that's kind of sketchy to ask ANYONE, but she did kind of bring it on herself. You don't want people to ask questions like that? Then don't make a big deal out of fapping being bad in public, because people WILL call you out on it.

Actually, I think she may have a point when she says that she was treated differently than a man would have been. Because if a man had said:

"It is not enough to be abstinent with other people, you also have to be be abstinent alone. The Bible says that lust in your heart is committing adultery, so you can't masturbate without lust."

- MTV Interview

. . .an interviewer would have cracked up laughing in the guy's face amid hoots of "liar-liar-pants-on-fire!"

How do you commit adultery if you are not married? I mean if you think about another non married person it is not adultery.

this is the typical any sexual feeling is lust crap. no wonder she is so0 crazy she must be ready to explode all of the time.

Because you are cheating on your future spouse who was already selected for you from time immemorial.

The idiotic video she was in juxtaposed those (as well as saying that masturbation is directly linked to lust, which it isn't.)

Oh, please. She really thinks a man wouldn't have asked another man, one who made a big to-do on how sinful masturbation is, if he had ever whacked off? Yeah, right. And it wouldn't have been phrased as nicely as "committing lust in your heart" either. And no one would bat an eye.

Now I'm even more bummed than I was that Real Time with Bill Maher is on a brief hiatus. :lol: He would no doubt have some commentary on this tonight, otherwise.

OMG, this woman is everywhere! I just switched to Joy Behar's show (which is being guest-hosted by a blonde woman that used to be on Fox News) and O'Donnell is telling a tale about being asked to be a co-host on The View. Apparently, Barbara Walters and the folks at ABC have no memory of this event. :shock:

Oh, well, back to Anderson. . .

Archived