IGNORED

Personal Experience with Bill Gothard

FJismyheadship

The dates given makes me wonder if the author is not a pilot family kid.

I looked for a name but didnt find one. Did I miss it?

The dates given makes me wonder if the author is not a pilot family kid.

I looked for a name but didnt find one. Did I miss it?

Who's a pilot kid

Eeek! Did anyone else catch that line at the end about how Gothard wants to set up a private community in Arkansas? That sure rang a few bells.

I have personal experience with the whole Arkansas thing. When I lived in Little Rock, we rented a house that was owned by a homeschooling family (we're homeschoolers too). The family who lived there before us were homeschoolers, too (weird, huh?). So I sometimes got mail for both of these families, (even some Godiva chocolates once, which the landlord let me keep). Both of them were Gothard families, and once I got mail directed at the owner and it was a solicitation from ATI. It was open. I read it. It was a letter stating that Hobby Lobby had purchased the old VA hospital in Little Rock for Gothard, for this purpose.

My neighbor, also a homeschooler, taught her kids with wisdom booklets, so I had heard of Gothard, and I was concerned. She got out, thank heavens, before it got to bad.

As far as I can tell, nothing ever came of the VA hospital thing. Maybe someone here knows.

I have personal experience with the whole Arkansas thing. When I lived in Little Rock, we rented a house that was owned by a homeschooling family (we're homeschoolers too). The family who lived there before us were homeschoolers, too (weird, huh?). So I sometimes got mail for both of these families, (even some Godiva chocolates once, which the landlord let me keep). Both of them were Gothard families, and once I got mail directed at the owner and it was a solicitation from ATI. It was open. I read it. It was a letter stating that Hobby Lobby had purchased the old VA hospital in Little Rock for Gothard, for this purpose.

My neighbor, also a homeschooler, taught her kids with wisdom booklets, so I had heard of Gothard, and I was concerned. She got out, thank heavens, before it got to bad.

As far as I can tell, nothing ever came of the VA hospital thing. Maybe someone here knows.

Wait...Hobby Lobby purchased an entire building for Gothard??? I'd read that Hobby Lobby was a Christian owned company (or something to that effect) but I had no idea they were connected to Gothard. Guess I'll be purchasing my kids' various school project stuff elsewhere. So just how in cahoots are HL & Gothard?

Wait...Hobby Lobby purchased an entire building for Gothard??? I'd read that Hobby Lobby was a Christian owned company (or something to that effect) but I had no idea they were connected to Gothard. Guess I'll be purchasing my kids' various school project stuff elsewhere. So just how in cahoots are HL & Gothard?

:shock: Where am I going to buy my cheap yarn from? I'm allergic to wool and I need to fake wool to work with! :doh: :violin: :shock:

I get my craft supplies at Michael's. We don't have Hobby Lobby here. If there's a Michael's near you, they might have cheap yarn. I don't know for sure, because I mostly buy paint.

Is it just me, or does that story sound a hell of a lot like razing ruth? The running away, engagement...Im sure its not her, but its crazy how similar stories from the cult are.

:shock: Where am I going to buy my cheap yarn from? I'm allergic to wool and I need to fake wool to work with! :doh: :violin: :shock:

I will play for you too :( :violin:

Guest Anonymous

I go to Hobby Lobby atleast once a week :? :(

I texted my mom to tell her about this...she said "Stop reading that crazy stuff!".

From the back jacket of Bill Gothard's book:

David Green, CEO, Hobby Lobby

“Through the example and teachings of Bill Gothard and the Institute in Basic Life Principles, we have benefited both as a family and in our business. It is as we take those lessons from God’s Word that Bill clearly articulates that we live the full life that God intends.â€

http://store.iblp.org/products/TAW/

Swell. . they're building a Hobby Lobby in my town, right across the street from a well-established Michaels :shock: . To the extent that I ever buy anything crafty (not often), I will be sure to give Michael's my business.

How many big box craft stores can a town of 30,000 people support? Weird.

Pilot family is Gothardism speak for the first 100+ families who pioneered the home school program that first year.

It's also around the same time that lots of other groups on the religious right got their start.

Eeek! Did anyone else catch that line at the end about how Gothard wants to set up a private community in Arkansas? That sure rang a few bells.

I was more struck by the Juvenile detention center. ::shudders::

I was more struck by the Juvenile detention center. ::shudders::

Indeed. That terrifies me and makes me wonder if it's anything like Hephzibah House...

Archived