IGNORED

Thoughts on Jim-Bob and Gothard.

tabitha2

Was thinking today, Since Bill Gothard is probably ready to retire soon do you think Jim-Bob Duggar could be being groomed as his replacement? Think about it,former politician with a devoted cult following, model children to be an example of all ATI teaches, some one who will never try to liberalize or change the ATI concept.

No way. He is too much of a public figure to take over the organization and be taken seriously. He might make a good figurehead, but not a seemingly pious leader in charge of a multi-million dollar organization. From what I understand, though, is people within the ATI community, don't take the Duggars very seriously anymore. No, I'm sure one of the more respected Board Members will take his place.

Yes that does make more sens.It was just a thought.But i believe when the show ends and public attention fades we'll see them endorse,fund and follow more ATI precepts they can't at the moment.

JimBob seems to enjoy himself too much to be the head of ATI. Many of Gothard followers tend to equate fun with sin, so don't think JimBob would be the best leader.

I think it would probably be one of the members from the board or maybe someone from all the other more or less royal ATI families (Stelzl, Neely, Staddon, Wilkes, Paine) or maybe even Gil Bates since he and his brood seem to have replaced the Duggars in some ways.

I agree with DamnPrecious -- Jim Bob is not smart enough. Plus he lacks charisma. I tend to believe that Gothard will not retire, but rather die in his role.

I agree with DamnPrecious -- Jim Bob is not smart enough. Plus he lacks charisma. I tend to believe that Gothard will not retire, but rather die in his role.

Exactly, this is what I was gonna say. Gothardism is his life, not just a job that he does to make a living. He could probably afford to retire, but then he wouldn't get the attention and near-worship that he currently gets. Also, what would he do if he retired? He doesn't a wife, kids, or grandkids to spend time with, and a lot of fun thing that people do are probably considered sinful in his eyes. I think he'll be around for a long time to come.

No, I don't.

My money is on VF filling the gap IBLP will leave open once Gothard dies. I doubt there will be a replacement as the Institute is already struggling financially and it's reputation keeps taking hits as well. I'm guessing it will just fade away.

No, the Duggars are moving away from the image and they set the bar for # of children too high. I think it's one of the guys at the HQ who will take over (probably already has except for the public stuff)

Archived