IGNORED

Biblical basis for modesty explained for you on Instagram

Cheetah

From the Duggarfam Instagram comments on the picture of Jason (?) and Josie:

"God set all standards for morality and modesty is one that was addressed in the beginning. Once adam and eve sinned (by partaking of the forbidden fruit) the scripture says their eyes were opened. The first thing they noticed was that thwy were naked. They tried to cloth themselves with figleaves making "aprons". Definition for this would cover what the modern day swimsuit covers. They hid when they heard God coming. He asked why thwy were hiding and they said it was bc they were naked. Lesson here is the first two humans to discover that they were naked still considered themselves naked in the attire of something like the modern day swimsuit. God clothed them in animal skin before sending them out of the garden. Definition for this attire is a shirt like garment reaching from the shoulder and descending down to cover the thigh. Also the priests were instructed to wear a garment under their robes which covered from the waste down covering the thigh to keep from showing their nakedness. Later in scripture Israel is portrayed as a woman and the Lord says she will have to pass through the rivers, uncover the thigh and he nakedness would be exposed. In the new testament there is an instance where peter (out with thw guys onbthe boat) had his outer garment off but as they came toward the shore it says he put it back on because he was naked. He had under garments on and seemingly out with only guys was not looked down on, but approaching mixed company he puts his outer garment on. Then the scriptures listed by others tell us to be modest/not draw undue attention to ourselves/ not cause others to stumble. If we take it as a puzzle and use all the pieces we see the command to be modest and how to do so. Id be happy to discuss it further if you have more questions. 1h

Read more at http://web.stagram.com/n/duggarfam/#v5mek8DQGdUDfEG3.99"

Wow... I just... um.... speechless...

From the Duggarfam Instagram comments on the picture of Jason (?) and Josie:

"God set all standards for morality and modesty is one that was addressed in the beginning. Once adam and eve sinned (by partaking of the forbidden fruit) the scripture says their eyes were opened. The first thing they noticed was that thwy were naked. They tried to cloth themselves with figleaves making "aprons". Definition for this would cover what the modern day swimsuit covers. They hid when they heard God coming. He asked why thwy were hiding and they said it was bc they were naked. Lesson here is the first two humans to discover that they were naked still considered themselves naked in the attire of something like the modern day swimsuit. God clothed them in animal skin before sending them out of the garden. Definition for this attire is a shirt like garment reaching from the shoulder and descending down to cover the thigh. Also the priests were instructed to wear a garment under their robes which covered from the waste down covering the thigh to keep from showing their nakedness. Later in scripture Israel is portrayed as a woman and the Lord says she will have to pass through the rivers, uncover the thigh and he nakedness would be exposed. In the new testament there is an instance where peter (out with thw guys onbthe boat) had his outer garment off but as they came toward the shore it says he put it back on because he was naked. He had under garments on and seemingly out with only guys was not looked down on, but approaching mixed company he puts his outer garment on. Then the scriptures listed by others tell us to be modest/not draw undue attention to ourselves/ not cause others to stumble. If we take it as a puzzle and use all the pieces we see the command to be modest and how to do so. Id be happy to discuss it further if you have more questions. 1h

Read more at http://web.stagram.com/n/duggarfam/#v5mek8DQGdUDfEG3.99"

Wow... I just... um.... speechless...

Don't these people make their living drawing undue attention to themselves?

It's quite reasonable to presume that when the bible speaks of modesty, it is saying don't flash your cooch, please cover your nipples, and keep your dick in your pants. There is nothing written regarding skirts or showing your knees or shoulders (to my knowledge). In any case, modesty is more about the way you conduct yourself as a whole (something these face-eating ass-humping fundies don't seem to understand).

I have always thought it was to the women who showed off their wealth and used church to parade it instead of a place of worship. I never knew there was any other meaning to it until I started reading fundie sites. Doesn't it talk of gold and pearls not boobs and who-haas?

I have always thought it was to the women who showed off their wealth and used church to parade it instead of a place of worship. I never knew there was any other meaning to it until I started reading fundie sites. Doesn't it talk of gold and pearls not boobs and who-haas?

This. Modesty is about the heart, not the shoulder.

Archived