IGNORED

Memorial to the Missing

nomoxian

There is an American anti-abortion group which filled a glass box with 50,000,000 pennies - or 500,000 dollars - to represent all the unborn babies Lost to Abortion. Instead of using that money to help out kids and their families, they put five hundred grand in a glass box!

tumblr_n387b2afkj1sx0zdeo1_1280.jpg

The memorial has been around for years, but I only found out about it recently via Tumblr and I didn't see a post on here about it after doing a search.

If you want to know more, their website is mbcb.org/missing.aspx

Their stupidity never fails to astound.

mbcb.org/missing.aspx

fixed link. I think they could have heard of the project to honor victims of the Holocaust with paperclips representing a life lost. wouldn't be surprised if they were inspired to do something the same. :evil-eye:

mbcb.org/missing.aspx

fixed link. I think they could have heard of the project to honor victims of the Holocaust with paperclips representing a life lost. wouldn't be surprised if they were inspired to do something the same. :evil-eye:

I remember that project and there was a documentary made about it which I saw a couple of times.

So are they suggested that 50 million more people would be in the US were it not for abortion? That sounds off to me.

mbcb.org/missing.aspx

sorry ... i put the link the way i did because i've read posting links is not allowed

and if they were inspired by a holocaust memorial project (which sadly seems likely) that is just fucking beyond words....!!

So are they suggested that 50 million more people would be in the US were it not for abortion? That sounds off to me.

Well, according to The Duggars, they could all easily fit in Arkansas, so it's pretty spot on! :handgestures-thumbup:

Would this country be able to care for that many more babies? I would assume a lot of them would need some kind of govt assistance

So there's a glass box sitting around in public holding 500,000 dollars? Yeah that's real smart. Be funny if someone took it and donated it to Planned Parenthood or something.

So there's a glass box sitting around in public holding 500,000 dollars? Yeah that's real smart. Be funny if someone took it and donated it to Planned Parenthood or something.

If someone actually managed to steal all those pennies, I would be impressed.

If someone actually managed to steal all those pennies, I would be impressed.

Yea, I mean it's not like it's dollar bills which weigh much less.

I think it could be done. I can see at least how to get the pennies out of the box without anyone noticing, at least until morning. But pennies are heavy, and it would look suspicious trying to cash all those pennies if you did manage to gather them all to another location. Getting the pennies out isn't a trick. Getting the pennies to the bank is another issue.

There should be a movie about this.

Maybe I've been watching too much TV.

I think it could be done. I can see at least how to get the pennies out of the box without anyone noticing, at least until morning. But pennies are heavy, and it would look suspicious trying to cash all those pennies if you did manage to gather them all to another location. Getting the pennies out isn't a trick. Getting the pennies to the bank is another issue.

There should be a movie about this.

Maybe I've been watching too much TV.

I agree with you, somehow it could be done. Maybe take just a few dollars worth of pennies every day and trade them in at one of those change machines some grocery stores have.

Of course you'd have to figure out a way to get into the glass house every day, and figure out how to disguise that the penny pile eventually starts going down.

O.k., I haven't thought it all the way through, but there's a way, I'm sure of it.

I clicked on this thread because I thought it was to honor the memory of the lives lost on the Malasia flight.

man thieving minds here :pink-shock: myself it would be better to spray it all with epoxy and making it one big lump just like the brains of people that do such things.

Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of stealing it.

This reminds me of the 3M ad that said there was something like a million dollars between the glass at a bus station and you could keep the money if you could break the glass coated in their film. There's a series of photos of people trying to kick it out. Me, I would just remove the metal holdin the glass in place.

It is.Think of all the pregnancies that never would have made it to term anyway...miscarriage rate is est. to be anywhere from 25-50%.

Then of those that make it,a certain % would be stillborn,or die of other causes sometime during the first year. (SIDS,accidents,illnesses,even abuse/homicide).

Another % would die in childhood.teenage years and early adulthood from the same reasons. (minus SIDS).

So no. of abortions does not mean the same no. of ppl would be alive.

It is.Think of all the pregnancies that never would have made it to term anyway...miscarriage rate is est. to be anywhere from 25-50%.

Then of those that make it,a certain % would be stillborn,or die of other causes sometime during the first year. (SIDS,accidents,illnesses,even abuse/homicide).

Another % would die in childhood.teenage years and early adulthood from the same reasons. (minus SIDS).

So no. of abortions does not mean the same no. of ppl would be alive.

Not to mention the foetuses aborted because of genetic defects that would cause them to have short, painful lives.

Rather darkly I agree that infanticide would rise. It used to be common prior to safe abortion services - so much so that in bigger cities you'd find little bodies in the streets fairly often. Hopefully there wouldn't be quite so many desperate people these days - but I've no doubt there would be some.

What is the big deal about abortion??? I don't agree with it and can't imagine having one, but if a woman wants to get an abortion who the hell cares. It's not my body nor my life that's being affected. Why can't we focus on things that matter. Donate that money to help save babies lives not moan and bitch about abortion. :pull-hair:

Not to mention the foetuses aborted because of genetic defects that would cause them to have short, painful lives.

Rather darkly I agree that infanticide would rise. It used to be common prior to safe abortion services - so much so that in bigger cities you'd find little bodies in the streets fairly often. Hopefully there wouldn't be quite so many desperate people these days - but I've no doubt there would be some.

You also have to take into account how many abortions were had by the same person within close proximity to each other or a subsequent live birth, rending other abortions or babies impossible. Plus, there are so many procedures women have that are not really abortions but are labeled as abortions. Inducing labour for a baby that will never survive due to the genetic problems, is considered an abortion. (I'm guessing because it results in a stillbirth) Having a D&C can be considered an abortion (which is why I'm really surprised Erin Bates had one and then proceeded to post it online). And when they say "abortion" they mean everything. Therapeutic abortions are counted in there as well. and I suspect ectopic pregnancies are,too. It's an extremely misleading number. I would guess, out of the 52 million abortions, our population is really "missing" about 10 million people.

sorry ... i put the link the way i did because i've read posting links is not allowed

and if they were inspired by a holocaust memorial project (which sadly seems likely) that is just fucking beyond words....!!

just removing the http:// makes it unclickable but it's still easy for those who want to check it out C&P it into their address bar.

How about a memorial to the actual born, sentient, desperately wanted and loved children who've died in the past year from hunger or dirty water or everyday childhood diseases?

Even if you believe in abortion - why not do something to help them first?

Archived