IGNORED

WBC Various Protests

figgy2socks

As if America's most hated hate group wasn't busy enough picketing the Supreme Court, Westboro Baptist Church is taking a quick trip to ATL to take in the NCAA Final Four tournament and check out some sights. Given their history with Atlanta, I'm certain this little excursion has nothing to do with Kansas being one of the top teams eye-balling a spot in the Final Four.

WBC claims that "the NCAA is a hot bed of God knows how many raping coaches, & a public relations outlet for fags and fag marriage." Rational as always, and apparently just another ploy to get their backwoods, closeted and sexually suppressed selves on Fox News.

I only hope Atlanta's gay community is into college basketball.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/west ... sit/nW5fH/

Where do they get the money to do this stuff? I mean, you can only sue people for so long.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2013/10/westboro_baptist_church_member.html

I'm fairly confident they wont' show up but figured I'd put this up for the FJ memebers who live in Boregonia. I'm not sure what the link policy is but not breaking, since it is linked to the local paper. I admit I did go and check on WBC's "picket schedule" and there is no mention of Boregonia on that page (I refused to go any further, I want to Lysol my netbook now). :ew:

So this I suppose is just a "WBC made the local news, and there's a counter-protest" informative post just because I happen to have free time on my hands. I don't want to give those whack-jobs any publicity, but I do love those counter-protests. I am not sure if Severus and I are going, but we did get invites to the thing from two different groups of ours, and we happen to have a babysitter for that day anyway... :whistle:

IF we end up going, should I make a sign or something? I was thinking "FREE JINGER" but probably not, since we will probably end up just people-watching... :popcorn2: and I'm not THAT creative, unfortunately....

Oh, this sounds as if it could get ugly. (Which is stating the obvious with anything involving WBC.) This young man is from Philomath and people lined the streets as the vehicle carrying his body drove through town. I can't imagine that the church's protest will be well received.

Using big umbrellas to hide the WBC signs from the eyes of the mourners seems to be the most effective form of counter-protest. And everyone in Oregon owns at least one umbrella, probably.

I refuse to write the words "Baptist" and certainly not "church" w/r/t the Phelps of Topeka, Kansas, and even starred the Westboro to keep from any hits coming here.

Anyway, the WWhackos are heading to Saint Louis, Missouri, to protest at the 3rd World Series game. They aren't going to Boston because .... *snort!* I'd say, 'expense," but some of the media are speculating that the WWhackos think Boston has received God's smiting, already, with the marathon bombings.

And that's where I go hear-tearing bananas. Stupid arsehole media, ignore them, already! Granted, one of the announcers just counseled fans to "ignore the pickets, don't give them any attention, that's what they feed on" and "the Cardinal nation cheers for the team will drown out any WWhacko noise" --

-- but then he and his co-host continued to talk about how the WWhackos are saying that God hates sports fans because fans idolize players .... and before you know it, they're back to discussing Westboro!

If the WWhackos have someone dedicated to tracking all the publicity they get, that person's looking forward to an extra animal cracker, today, for reporting that the most powerful radio station in the Mississippi River Valley - powerful both in wattage and in influence -- discussed them today.

All they need to say is, "There are people coming here on Saturday who are going to have outrageous, hateful picket signs outside the stadium. They want you to yell at them - so DON'T yell at them! Ignore them." Folks would.

On the radio's behalf, though, they too are refusing to use the "B" or "C" words w/r/t Westboro. I do appreciate that. Still .... :pull-hair:

They protested outside a Cardinals game a few years back. A friend who was living in St.Louis told me about it. I also agree that they probably aren't going to Boston because of expenses.

• 5 months later...

The Westboro lunatics showed up in Moore, OK, to picket in front of a school that is housing elementary students after their school was demolished by a tornado.

Hundreds of citizens of Moore showed up to counter protest, and the "heroes" of Westboro lasted exactly EIGHT minutes before than ran for their cars like the cowards they are.

Props to the citizens of Moore for standing up to this band of hate-mongers! :clap: :clap:

www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/07/westb ... ostpopular

Glad the town showed up and they ran. guess it was it to much to hope they would stop protesting completely when their founder died.

Wait, so, people lost their homes, a school provided shelter, and people got upset because...

What were these people ON?!

Wait, so, people lost their homes, a school provided shelter, and people got upset because...

Actually one of the schools that was destroyed is being held in extra rooms of another school.

They were also at a liquor store in the town

I'll try to find a link. It turned out really great too.

Well, the Westboro freaks were pushing their usual bullshit - tornadoes are a sign of God's disapproval.

Yes - God sends tornadoes to kill young schoolchildren because "God hates fags". :cray-cray: :angry-banghead:

I am honestly quite surprised that no one has put any of these idiots in the hospital yet.

Glad the town showed up and they ran. guess it was it to much to hope they would stop protesting completely when their founder died.

Agree wonderful news.

Well, the Westboro freaks were pushing their usual bullshit - tornadoes are a sign of God's disapproval.

Yes - God sends tornadoes to kill young schoolchildren because "God hates fags". :cray-cray: :angry-banghead:

I am honestly quite surprised that no one has put any of these idiots in the hospital yet.

I think the reason nobody has put these idiots in the hospital yet is that they don't want to face criminal charges and lawsuits. It's known that they make money by suing people who complain about their protests.

I think the reason nobody has put these idiots in the hospital yet is that they don't want to face criminal charges and lawsuits. It's known that they make money by suing people who complain about their protests.

I am aware of that, but if they showed up at the funeral of one of MY loved ones, I doubt that I could remain calm enough to ignore them. I'd likely act first, and think later (probably in a cell) - especially if one of my CHILDREN were involved.

Canada is far more liberal, and has fewer natural disasters. According to Westboro logic, shouldn't the higher number here and the lower acceptance of equality mean that god's pissed over us not having equality?

Canada is far more liberal, and has fewer natural disasters. According to Westboro logic, shouldn't the higher number here and the lower acceptance of equality mean that god's pissed over us not having equality?

God only cares about the USA. The rest of you are going to hell anyway so he doesn't even bother with you. :roll:

I maintain that they only stick around long enough to know if there's a chance they'll be attacked in any way. Their goal is to sue people.

I maintain that they only stick around long enough to know if there's a chance they'll be attacked in any way. Their goal is to sue people.

I wonder if that's why they left:

webpronews.com/westboro-baptist-church-is-run-out-of-town-2014-04

According to KOCO, only ten WBC members showed up for the picket and they left less than ten minutes into their protest after a few of the 2,000 Moore residents present crossed the picket line and confronted them.

Is it illegal to cross the picket line? WBC makes money by suing people who illegally disrupt their pickets. I wonder if they got the reaction they needed and then just took off. This is being sold as a victory story, but I'm worried it's a financial victory for WBC.

I don't know much of anything about picketing laws, though. Anyone else more familiar on the topic?

They are a bunch of lawyers, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was what they were after.

For the record, the WBC members HAVE been assaulted before. Worse, their CHILDREN have been assaulted. Not cool. They have the right to assemble and do their thing without being assaulted. I REALLY wish there would be no counter protests at all and everyone would either ignore them or, as the motorcyclists do at funerals, drown them out. Or block them like the angels do. But don't give them attention, because that is what they crave.

One of the grandchildren left last week. I follow Lauren Drain on facebook and she showed a picture of a check from her new charity to one of the Phelps grandkids. I think I know which one, but I am not sure. Godspeed, kiddo.

As Stephanie66, they have a bunch of lawyers so they can protect themselves from any potential lawsuits. They film all of their protests for the same reason, and I'm sure to instigate/provoke an assault. I watched a documentary about them a few years ago. The poor children are so brainwashed with hate. Nothing quite as heart-breaking as hearing a 5 year old use homophobic terms and wish death upon people.

They are a bunch of lawyers, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was what they were after.

For the record, the WBC members HAVE been assaulted before. Worse, their CHILDREN have been assaulted. Not cool. They have the right to assemble and do their thing without being assaulted. I REALLY wish there would be no counter protests at all and everyone would either ignore them or, as the motorcyclists do at funerals, drown them out. Or block them like the angels do. But don't give them attention, because that is what they crave.

One of the grandchildren left last week. I follow Lauren Drain on facebook and she showed a picture of a check from her new charity to one of the Phelps grandkids. I think I know which one, but I am not sure. Godspeed, kiddo.

Another one left! Yay :) Well done to that kid for seeing the light. Its awesome how many have left and are now doing good for the world.

Archived