IGNORED

Amy Duggar's show "A Duggar Leaves Home" - MERGE

NotALoserLikeYou

zap2it.com/blogs/duggars_family_spinoff_kate_plus_8_special_and_more_in_tlcs_family_reunion-2014-04

TLC is planning a bit of a family reunion for its upcoming 2014-15 slate. The network announced at its Upfronts presentation that several of its new programs and specials will focus on some of its best-known families.

Chief among those new projects are "A Duggar Leaves Home," a new special about "19 Kids and Counting's" Amy Duggar moving to Nashville to pursue her dream of being a singer, airing in June. Then there's a "Kate Plus 8" special that catches up with the Gosselin family as the sextuplets turn 10.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way will this last more than one season. What's the point, why would anyone ever want to watch anything she does? Most people's lives aren't interesting enough for a reality show, and Amy is most people.

She did mention Nashville, so I guess it will focus on her music career. I don't see the show lasting long either

"Can't sing to save my life"

???? Wasn't she trying to become a singer or something? :wtf: :cray-cray:

Yes. She will not succeed.

Then again, somehow a whole slew of female pop stars have made gobs of money without much actual talent, so maybe Amy does have hope.

Hey, maybe this is the 'big surprise phone call' that's supposed to be featured sometime this season.

Zap2It calls it a "special" not a series:

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/duggars_fam ... on-2014-04

"TLC is planning a bit of a family reunion for its upcoming 2014-15 slate. The network announced at its Upfronts presentation that several of its new programs and specials will focus on some of its best-known families.

Chief among those new projects are "A Duggar Leaves Home," a new special about "19 Kids and Counting's" Amy Duggar moving to Nashville to pursue her dream of being a singer, airing in June. Then there's a "Kate Plus 8" special that catches up with the Gosselin family as the sextuplets turn 10."

Also covered in Variety:

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/tlc-unv ... 201152098/

Didn't Amy already film this moving-to-Nashville-to-pursue-her-dream footage over a year ago?? When she talked about filming a "pilot"?

Yes. She will not succeed.

Then again, somehow a whole slew of female pop stars have made gobs of money without much actual talent, so maybe Amy does have hope.

Good point. :lol:

Though, I don't think any of them have ever admitted to not being able to sing like Amy did apparently... :think: Is it weird that I view her as more crazy than the rest of the D clan?

Six episode sample arc and the last two episodes are aired off prime time?

It's going to last as long as Bates of America.

I think that's a little optimistic of you.

And this is probably small potatoes, but it drives me nuts that she goes by "Amy Duggar" when that is not her name. She's just sucking on the Duggar fame teat.

And there are people interested in this because....?

I'd rather see a show about Mary running off with an EMT

Amy is too boring for her own show. Her only appeal is that she is normal enough to contrast to her weirdo aunt and uncle, and a positive influence on her cousins. Without the Duggars, she is boring. I would only watch if she was taking a runaway cousin with her, and letting them do all sorts of awesome non fundie approved stuff.

I have a hard time believing this is real, but I guess it could be. Sounds very boring. Some things I can think of that would make it vaguely interesting would be if Amy was working with Lawson Bates or if her portrayed lifestyle in Nashville was very not fundie. Both seem unlikely.

Archived