IGNORED

The Never been Kissed Duggar Daughters Give Love Advice

roddma

I hope that people can see through the Duggar family's outward cuteness to the insidious evil it masks.

For example: among pretty "normal"-sounding sections on being kind to others, and working through sibling quarrels, the women describe "the obedience game," which is exactly what it sounds like. When Duggars are little, the obedience game is like Simon Says, except Duggars always obey when it comes from mom and dad.

Blanket training, anyone?

"The girl may so yearn to feel valued and accepted by a male that she gives in to the boy's desires. But too often the boy's 'love' for her turns out to be fleeting, and the girl is left cast off and degraded. From there, things can easily spiral downward as the girl's yearning to feel valued intensifies and she seeks acceptance from the next boy who comes along. We hear from a lot of girls in this painful situation."

Or, you know, young women can accept that they are sexual beings and explore and celebrate their own feelings the way that best suits them. Say by "giving in" to THEIR OWN desires. I am so tired of these people making women's sexuality into something simultaneously mythical and dirty. It's natural and beautiful and the only person who can decide what is right is the individual in question. Just like I can't decide for them, but I want them to have the freedom to decide for THEMSELVES.

Well, if their parents didn't wrap up their value in simply them being matched up with a man and deriving meaning only from being a partner, then they wouldn't need a boy to give them any sort of real value.

Don't follow any man and put your trust in god says Jim Bob. Yet he still follows his teachings and send his kids to alert and JTTH. Jb is full of himself.

In the Duggar family, those who date to build relationships are often just "having fun," as opposed to looking for a serious partner. "There's really no permanent commitment there," Jill told The Wire about modern dating. She added that the women hoped readers of their book would learn about what's at the "heart" of how human beings engage with the opposite sex: the"character" and "thoughts" that lead to sexual behavior. In the book and on the phone, the Duggars put dating in opposition to their courtship practices, which focus on "character." Dating is of the world. It's temptation, low self-worth, and peer pressure. Courtship is about long-term prospects.

I guess I'm a whore since I dated more than one person. My parents and grandparents are used and abused since they dated. Dating doesn't lead to sex Duggars. I had lots of fun dating. Again how can these people give advice if they themselves never experienced relationships.

By this logic, I should set myself up as a marriage expert: I've been married--and divorced--twice!

It is not uncommon for people in their teens and early 20s to think they have it all figured out. The problem here is that their parents and a publisher think it is a great idea for them to share their lack of wisdom with the world. Most parents of young adults are more inclined to smile and nod than to help them get a book contract.

Intimate relationships are not a one size fits all. What works for one person may not work for another. I'm a researcher and planner. I cannot make a decision until I have all the facts in front of me. I would never have been able to marry someone without first making sure we were sexually compatible. How could I be sure the decision was right one for me if I were missing a key component in the decision making process? So, their advice would have backfired in my case. I simply would have chosen to stay single forever rather than making a huge mistake that could be detrimental to my life. I usually avoid relationship advice and simply do what I feel is right for me. It works out much better that way.

The dugers need to write the new version of the bible. it is just getting pathetic how they think they are experts on every subject when they have never even had that experience. we really see how the control of the parents coming out in the children. People listen to them and that boosts their already inflated ego's and it is like a mobius strip. The emperor has no clothes describes the duggers to a tee.

Obedience Game, indoctrination much?

I wonder if Jim Bob has ever directly asked his daughters if they were harassed by Gothard? Even more, I wonder if they would be honest in their answers?

I wonder if Jim Bob has ever directly asked his daughters if they were harassed by Gothard? Even more, I wonder if they would be honest in their answers?

If he did and they were honest about whether or not anything inappropriate went down, he would probably claim they enticed him.

You know how fundies work. It's the woman's fault for making men lust after her :violin:

I hope that people can see through the Duggar family's outward cuteness to the insidious evil it masks.

Blanket training, anyone?

Or, you know, young women can accept that they are sexual beings and explore and celebrate their own feelings the way that best suits them. Say by "giving in" to THEIR OWN desires. I am so tired of these people making women's sexuality into something simultaneously mythical and dirty. It's natural and beautiful and the only person who can decide what is right is the individual in question. Just like I can't decide for them, but I want them to have the freedom to decide for THEMSELVES.

How THE FUCK do,these girls know all this knowledge about relationships & what will happen? Show me your sources. Your research. Oh, some 14 year old leg humpers emailed you their problems? Your parents scared you shitless with exaggerated stories about what would happen to them if they dated? It's like how the FLDS keeps their members from escaping by brainwashing them into thinking the rest of the world is evil.

the women believe you "just know" when you're ready to marry someone.

Which goes to show their lack of life-experience. Most relationships have the honeymoon phase when you think you want to be with someone forever. Too bad it often wears off.

"The girl may so yearn to feel valued and accepted by a male that she gives in to the boy's desires. But too often the boy's 'love' for her turns out to be fleeting, and the girl is left cast off and degraded. From there, things can easily spiral downward as the girl's yearning to feel valued intensifies and she seeks acceptance from the next boy who comes along. We hear from a lot of girls in this painful situation."

Typical. Blame the girl and excuse the boy for his part.

Archived