IGNORED

Just got a copy of Buying a House Debt-Free!

2 much chickenetti

So, how should I go to go about reading it? I'm thinking wine and a highlighter, chapter by chapter. Bet Steve is getting his panties in a twist as he realizes his book went to Allison the Lesbian.

So, how should I go to go about reading it? I'm thinking wine and a highlighter, chapter by chapter. Bet Steve is getting his panties in a twist as he realizes his book went to Allison the Lesbian.

I think you might need a lot of wine.

:clap: :clap: :worship: :worship: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Lots of wine, all the animal crackers you can eat, and any other decadent food that you like to sustain you as you write your review.

Poor Steve. That's the second book give away where a copy has gone to an FJ member. We must outnumber the genuine commenters on Titus2 or the LORD is not with him as he makes his random draw! :cracking-up:

Yay! Looking forward to this. Were you one of the giveaway winners??

Well done! 2 for FJ then! :D

Hahahahaha Steve! :P :P :P

That record might suggest that there are not a lot of people entering to win..... :o

Be careful chickenetti, that book might convict you to give up your ™marry and have 22 sons who each build their own house...or not.

Wine is an excellent start, but I can't imagine getting through the book without resorting to more potent potables. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Hmmm, so many suggestions. I'll start with a quiz: In the book, there is a lengthy list of all the marketable skills the Maxwell "children" have, anybody want to take a guess about what they've included?

Hmmm, so many suggestions. I'll start with a quiz: In the book, there is a lengthy list of all the marketable skills the Maxwell "children" have, anybody want to take a guess about what they've included?

Writing, layout and design, computer skills, Quick BOoks, Singing, Preaching, Shipping and order fulfillment, real estate, carpentry, electrician, programming, auto repair, painting (houses/walls) painting (artwork), logistics, office management, talent management/tour scheduling, cleaning, child care, cooking, elder care. Window washing. RV Repair

OK, this brought to mind an old joke-- a list of nonexistant classes offered-- One, was Christianity and the Art of RV Maintenance And if you get that joke, you are likely around my age.

Writing, layout and design, computer skills, Quick BOoks, Singing, Preaching, Shipping and order fulfillment, real estate, carpentry, electrician, programming, auto repair, painting (houses/walls) painting (artwork), logistics, office management, talent management/tour scheduling, cleaning, child care, cooking, elder care. Window washing. RV Repair

OK, this brought to mind an old joke-- a list of nonexistant classes offered-- One, was Christianity and the Art of RV Maintenance And if you get that joke, you are likely around my age.

And Mary can make greeting cards......

Make that 3 books won for Fj'ers! I won a copy of the Jeubs' debate book a couple years back. Wish I still had it...

If you would like to write a review of the book for our blog, please PM me and I'll get you set up to do so.

I have no problem with a chapter by chapter type thread going on in the forum as well, but if you are interested in doing a serious review of the book for the blog that would be great, too :)

Congrats on your win!

How about a drinking game.

I was going to suggest taking a drink every time they quote a Bible verse or say any of the typical fundie phrases, but you would probably be dead by the end of the first chapter if you did that.

How about make a list of phrases/Bible verses that you can guess will show up in the book. Drink every time you get one of them. Then drink the whole bottle if you get all of them, or once you finish the book to cheer yourself up after all the depressing Maxwell stuff.

Is tricking Jingerites to read these books part of the ministry? Are they secretly infiltrating our minds, while we THINK we are just snarking?

Ha! They'd have to be a lot more interesting!

You will not convert us!

Looking forward to this!

I have to mention though - I have a copy of "Keeping Our Children's Hearts" (great guide to all things Maxwell, I recommend it for that) but didn't win it, I bought mine over eBay. It was cheap to begin with, but then the seller contacted me to let me know he put the price even lower because he had forgotten to mention that the book had... WINE STAINS ON IT. Did I still want it? Heck yes. :lol:

They are great conversationalists?

Looking forward to this!

I have to mention though - I have a copy of "Keeping Our Children's Hearts" (great guide to all things Maxwell, I recommend it for that) but didn't win it, I bought mine over eBay. It was cheap to begin with, but then the seller contacted me to let me know he put the price even lower because he had forgotten to mention that the book had... WINE STAINS ON IT. Did I still want it? Heck yes. :lol:

You bought a second-hand copy of a Maxwell book? Don't you realize you have broken the 8th commandment?!?* GET THEE TO THY PRAYER CLOSET!

Congrats Chickenetti! And another point goes to Free Jinger. :D

I wonder if Steve is privy to the truth that most of his readers are FJers and not fundies? At this point, I really think that most of them have jumped ship. So Steve, if you're reading here (which we all know you are), I'm letting you know that if you can't beat us, you can always join us. We welcome all types here, unlike you.

Archived