IGNORED

Snarking on personal acquaintances?

Firiel

What is the general policy on posting blogs of less-than-friendly personal acquaintances to snark on? All public, of course, but without a real readership. It's a ridiculous (but inactive) blog, especially if you know the backstory. But it seems a little ass-holey to post about someone I know, and I don't want to break any conventions (or, let's be honest, look like an asshole).

What is the general policy on posting blogs of less-than-friendly personal acquaintances to snark on? All public, of course, but without a real readership. It's a ridiculous (but inactive) blog, especially if you know the backstory. But it seems a little ass-holey to post about someone I know, and I don't want to break any conventions (or, let's be honest, look like an asshole).

I personally think it is not very nice to be friends with someone to their face and then snark on them behind their back. All the people who have come here with "I'm friends with (fill in the blank fundie) and now I'm going to dish about their personal life on a board that snarks on them" are acting like assholes to me. Casual acquaintance that you aren't friends with? I don't view that as being too horrible. But you are running the risk of them figuring out who you are and that you are snarking on them here. So you have to decide if you want to deal with that.

Archived