IGNORED

Lori: No Reason to Ever Divorce

Lori takes a break from her busy schedule of advising people to abuse children to explain why there is no Biblical reason to ever divorce.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/01/never-lawful-to-pursue-divorce.html

She talks about a Voddie Baucham lecture. Is this the first time she has mentioned following the (no longer) VF crowd?

That shit's not even biblical :evil-eye: I love it when they go all "fuck the Bible, we're more holy than that" :D Way to go Lori. You tell God how it's done!

Hey, Lori--I had two good reasons to divorce: because I was miserable, and because I wanted my child to live in an emotionally stable environment. I believe that my God (who is a LOT smarter than yours) was happy I did.

Hey, Lori--I had two good reasons to divorce: because I was miserable, and because I wanted my child to live in an emotionally stable environment. I believe that my God (who is a LOT smarter than yours) was happy I did.

Misery in a marriage is a bonus to strive for in Lori's world view, not a bug to avoid.

Since the oft-quoted "Biblical" reason to divorce is adultery, my guess is that Ken cheated on her. She wants to show how holy and what a good wife she is for not divorcing him without actually saying that he did- because then she would be saying bad things about him (which according to Debi Pearl, women should never do even if their husbands are beating them).

Lori takes a break from her busy schedule of advising people to abuse children to explain why there is no Biblical reason to divorce.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Ya know, Lori, if you think there is no reason to get a divorce even if your husband is abusive, then don't get one. But in the name of the FSM, get out of everyone else's marriage!

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Ya know, Lori, if you think there is no reason to get a divorce even if your husband is abusive, then don't get one. But in the name of the FSM, get out of everyone else's marriage!

She is the biggest busy body ever born

Can Lori show me the verses that say God has called women to be doormats? To be abused? That if someone chokes you or has you living in fear of your own shadow that that is ok? Sorry, my brand of Christianity teaches I am loved by and valuable to God. He didn't create me to be hurt. I have Christian friends who have been violently abused and they did not stay. I was thrilled they didn't have kids with those men. Lori would suggest you have a quiver of kids with them. I personally am glad that I am divorced. I would not ever tell my daughters to stay in a marriage like mine. Oh she makes me so mad. I wouldn't be surprised if her next blog is about how the wives killed by their husbands brought it on themselves.

Lori takes a break from her busy schedule of advising people to abuse children to explain why there is no Biblical reason to ever divorce.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/01/never-lawful-to-pursue-divorce.html

She talks about a Voddie Baucham lecture. Is this the first time she has mentioned following the (no longer) VF crowd?

As is my practice, I won't be clicking on her blog. But the one and only time I ever heard Voddie Baucham speak was accidently on the radio one day and he was saying that if your marriage was miserable, maybe that was god's will and you were just supposed to be in a miserable marriage either to learn something or, because god wanted you in a bad marriage. And who cares, because life is short and misery in life is thus short and heaven is forever, so don't divorce, cause misery may be god's will.

And then he was promoting a marriage seminar cruise.

What I really love is that not only was it not OK for me to divorce my openly adulterous & violent ex-husband, but in remarrying, I am the adulterer!

(Laughs outloud) Exactly what sin of MINE should I be broken over & seek penance for???????

But the one and only time I ever heard Voddie Baucham speak was accidentally on the radio one day and he was saying that if your marriage was miserable, maybe that was god's will and you were just supposed to be in a miserable marriage either to learn something or, because god wanted you in a bad marriage. And who cares, because life is short and misery in life is thus short and heaven is forever, so don't divorce, cause misery may be god's will.

And then he was promoting a marriage seminar cruise.

I'm not much of a Mormon fan, but there's an LDS saying in which I find a great deal of comfort: "Men are, that they might have joy." That applies to women, too!

What I really love is that not only was it not OK for me to divorce my openly adulterous & violent ex-husband, but in remarrying, I am the adulterer!

(Laughs outloud) Exactly what sin of MINE should I be broken over & seek penance for???????

My fundie light inlaw told my mother in law (his mother) that no matter what, even though it was well known his dad was adulterous and verbally abusive, and actually living part time with another woman, if my mother in law divorced, she could never remarry, because those verses about remarriage after divorce were only for men-- men could remarry if wives cheated, but women could not.

Fast forward about a decade or less. His daughter, married to another fundie light man, is in a miserable marriage--her contributions to the misery are at least as great as his, but there obviously can't be a divorce--until he has an affair--then daughter has legit reason to divorce, and amazingly, like a revelation from God, inlaw happily gives her away at her next church wedding. And, after the remarriage, both father and daughter become even more fundie/dominionist.

I wonder if she also keeps the rules laid out in Leviticus. Does she do friendly neighbourhood stonings?

P.S.: Lori Alexander is a monster.

Since the oft-quoted "Biblical" reason to divorce is adultery, my guess is that Ken cheated on her. She wants to show how holy and what a good wife she is for not divorcing him without actually saying that he did- because then she would be saying bad things about him (which according to Debi Pearl, women should never do even if their husbands are beating them).

Well, it's not like she hasn't made snide remarks about Ken before... :whistle:

I certainly hope this is true, at least for Lori (is a monster)'s sake. Otherwise, she's wasted her life being miserable with her equally loathsome husband.

ETA: For those of us that aren't complete assholes, divorce is unfortunately the best and safest choice. But we should let Lori continue her miserable existence - it's a free country, after all.

She's an awful person, and I can't say much for her parenting abilities, but every so often I feel sorry/worried for her. Even awful people (even really, really awful people) don't deserve to be trapped in an abusive marriage.

Of course, that's the bed she keeps on choosing to lie in, so there isn't much else to say there.

My fundie light inlaw told my mother in law (his mother) that no matter what, even though it was well known his dad was adulterous and verbally abusive, and actually living part time with another woman, if my mother in law divorced, she could never remarry, because those verses about remarriage after divorce were only for men-- men could remarry if wives cheated, but women could not.

Fast forward about a decade or less. His daughter, married to another fundie light man, is in a miserable marriage--her contributions to the misery are at least as great as his, but there obviously can't be a divorce--until he has an affair--then daughter has legit reason to divorce, and amazingly, like a revelation from God, inlaw happily gives her away at her next church wedding. And, after the remarriage, both father and daughter become even more fundie/dominionist.

Before divorce was easily available in Britain, the husband would hire a private investigator and a prostitute. The PI would take pictures of the husband with the prostitute and they would give the "evidence" to the wife so that she could initiate the divorce proceedings. Crazy, convoluted, but acceptable- kind of like the fundies.

eck:( Hope your MIL is in a good place now

Before divorce was easily available in Britain, the husband would hire a private investigator and a prostitute. The PI would take pictures of the husband with the prostitute and they would give the "evidence" to the wife so that she could initiate the divorce proceedings. Crazy, convoluted, but acceptable- kind of like the fundies.

There is an old movie (40s??) based on that premise. I've seen it once and can't remember much more about it.

That reminds me of a story I heard about the Hapsburgs. For all the women in the family, on their wedding day they would stage a scene in front of witnesses where the bride would shout "But I don't love him!" and the mother would slap her and shout "You must marry him." (This happened even when the marriage was wanted.) That way if the marriage ended up turning sour, they could claim the wedding was coerced and get an annulment from the Catholic Church.

I don't know if it's the effect of Lori's brain tumour that makes her come out with radically offensive things or if she just says these things to get a reaction, but either way she's not a nice lady.

Archived