IGNORED

Vikings Punter fired because of political views?

Maggie Mae

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10232 ... -due-views

I'm so sick of this attitude in this country towards free speech. Yes we have free speech, and yes you can be fired if your company doesn't like what you say, but I don't think that a person's political views has anything to do with how well you kick a ball or fill out your TPS report.

He got traded to the Raiders, then got terminated from the Raiders during the pre-season. So he wasn't an awesome punter. As a Vikings fan, I do have to confess you have to really suck to get fired from the Vikings, though.

It seems to me that he was one of the best punters the Vikings had in history.

Despite the fact that I hate all NFC North teams except the Bears, I think the problem with the Vikings is the management. They have good players, some of the best in the league and they still lose. There is no excuse for them to be so terrible. I know, injuries and all. But injuries are common. It honestly confuses me why they do some of the things they did this year. Like Josh Freeman. Why sign someone for one year for that much money? Josh Freeman was much better in 2012, but it's hard to tell because he only played part of one game.

It seems to me that he was one of the best punters the Vikings had in history.

Despite the fact that I hate all NFC North teams except the Bears, I think the problem with the Vikings is the management. They have good players, some of the best in the league and they still lose. There is no excuse for them to be so terrible. I know, injuries and all. But injuries are common. It honestly confuses me why they do some of the things they did this year. Like Josh Freeman. Why sign someone for one year for that much money? Josh Freeman was much better in 2012, but it's hard to tell because he only played part of one game.

I'm a Vikings fan too and yes I agree management is a huge problem but coaching is the bigger problem. Leslie Frazier should have been fired by week 8. They were supposed to be contending in the NFC North and ended up last. And that falls on management. Management can't keep decent coaches as they end up leaving and winning Super Bowls somewhere else-Dungy, Billick, Tomlin. I would have loved to have gotten Bill O'Brien as he can light a fire under your ass unlike Frazier who just stands there and chews gum. I suppose we'll end up with a Cam Cameron or Chan Gailey.

Archived