IGNORED

atheists Save christmas for christain family Church fails.

doggie

of course there re always Nasty full of hate Christians in any church but this is Christmas day the day Christians are supposed to be celebrating their reason for Christmas.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/12/28 ... help-them/

A poor Christian family in Oklahoma had a very special Christmas this year. Not because their church helped them, but because of the kindness of atheists.

An Oklahoma Christian church turned away a poor family on Christmas Day.

Tiffany Wait, her husband, and their seven month old child sought help from Bible Baptist Church on Christmas morning. They waited in line in an effort to get toys for their little boy so that he could have a Christmas like other children. But the Toy Shop charity refused to help them because Wait wouldn’t let the volunteers hold her son.

As Wait told the Chickasha News -

“I am poor and would not be able to celebrate Christmas this year without their charity. I went last year and it was a life saver. This year however, I was treated shockingly bad. I stood there, fighting back tears and asked, ‘You would turn a baby away on Christmas?’â€

And that’s exactly what the “Christian†charity did. Outraged and feeling abandoned, Wait told her story on social media. And when it seemed as if all hope had been lost and their Christmas would be canceled this year, atheists saved the day.

After hearing of their situation, Oklahoma Atheists saved Christmas for the Wait family.

Oklahoma Atheists learned of the family’s plight and promptly came to the rescue.

“We had several people donate things and send her money through a PayPal,†organization director Red McCall said. “Her Christmas was ruined. The big message here is Tiffany was discriminated against, and if someone needs help we are going to help them. It doesn’t matter what their beliefs are.â€

Frankly that story sounds really fishy to me. It could, of course, just have been an obnoxious volunteer overstepping, but it sounds off. Why would someone insist on holding her baby? And at any big gift handout there will be more than one person volunteering, why didn't another volunteer, or staff, step in?

I know I am going to be attacked for saying this and I do feel sorry for the way this family was treated but I don't understand why people think Christmas is ruined when a charity don't give them presents.

I hear it a lot - Christmas will be ruined if we don't have a good lunch, Christmas will be ruined if the kids don't get presents, etc. it is very sad if you let other peoples actions determine whether your Christmas is good or not.

I know I am going to be attacked for saying this and I do feel sorry for the way this family was treated but I don't understand why people think Christmas is ruined when a charity don't give them presents.

I hear it a lot - Christmas will be ruined if we don't have a good lunch, Christmas will be ruined if the kids don't get presents, etc. it is very sad if you let other peoples actions determine whether your Christmas is good or not.

Not only that, but the article says the child is seven months old. Now, I don't have kids, but I think it's safe to say a seven-month-old has no idea it's Christmas or that he's "supposed" to get presents. This was all about the parents, if in fact it really happened.

Wait said her baby doesn't like strangers and she'd prefer to be with him. She said the volunteer said it has to be done this way, or the family wouldn't be able to participate.

"I stood there, fighting back tears and asked, 'You would turn a baby away on Christmas,'" said Wait.

The volunteers held their ground, according to Wait and one woman tried to forcibly take her child.

Eventually, a woman passed a toy to the front and gave it to Wait

ved our holiday."

A member of Bible Baptist Church, Shayla Clemmons, did go by Wait's house after the incident.

"She brought us a bunch of Christmas stuff," said Wait "She said they shouldn't have done that and that there are no 'rules.'"

Bible Baptist Head Pastor Kim Hayes said he and his attempted to go to Wait's house five times Christmas night, but were never able to get ahold of her. He said he intends to continue his efforts to contact her

chickashanews.com/topnews/x1186895902/Atheist-group-saves-Chickasha-woman-from-Christmas-nightmare#sthash.pDuiacYZ.dpuf

Slightly OT: A Reform Jewish congregation in the New Orleans area does a Secret Santa program for disadvantaged children every Christmas. A high school classmate of mine is married to the rabbi there.

it is hard to tell it started in a local paper. but she might have just felt rejected by the church too.

They also might have had a rule that you had to sign up by a certain date, or that they only had gifts for kids in a certain age range, or that if you got gifts last year you can't get them again the next year. Usually these things aren't set up so that the entire town can show up and expect gifts right away.

I agree a 7 month old wouldn't be aware of Christmas and it isn't ruined without presents. However, I imagine parents get frustrated when a stranger wants to hold their baby. I find it downright rude to even ask to a hold a stranger's child even in a church setting and ruder to turn them down for one gift.

If the baby is only 7 months, how could she have taken him last year? :evil-eye:

It doesn't say she took him last year, it just says she went last year.

“I am poor and would not be able to celebrate Christmas this year without their charity. I went last year and it was a life saver. This year however, I was treated shockingly bad. I stood there, fighting back tears and asked, ‘You would turn a baby away on Christmas?’â€

She would have been pregnant and maybe she and her husband went to get some food. I don't know what happened this year. The story as told does sound a bit fishy but perhaps the volunteers who were there took offense at something she said or did and turned her away just because they didn't want to deal with her. I bet there is more to the story. I also agree with the other posters that not getting a toy for her son should not have ruined Christmas but we live in a materialistic society and I'm sure it is very hard at Christmas not to buy into the great American fantasy of Christmas that is promulgated by the advertisers and TV and movies. She probably had these dreams of babies first Christmas and it involved showering him with gifts.

Archived