IGNORED

Feminsm is an evil capitalist plot to enslave women

antares

youtube.com/watch?v=A0h17GG3wD4

Well that's a unique view. A marxist criticism of feminism

A top comment:

Common sense. Feminism is a lie promoted by capitalist marketers in the 1960's who wanted to tax the "other half" of the population; they couldn't care less if children suffer and families are utterly destroyed by this "mental poison." They use college to get to these young, impressionable girls. Now we enjoy an near-80% divorce rate.

Our grandmothers were real women.

Okay I'm pretty young so I wasn't around 'back in the day.' But for those who were, is this over-idealizing the past?

youtube.com/watch?v=A0h17GG3wD4

Well that's a unique view. A marxist criticism of feminism

A top comment:

Okay I'm pretty young so I wasn't around 'back in the day.' But for those who were, is this over-idealizing the past?

That argument makes no sense - it would have to be government wanting more income tax from working women. Marketers/corporations have always wanted more of women's money - beauty products, toiletries, fashion trends etc. - and they've gotten it whether or not women were working outside the home or in.

From some of the stuff FJC says about the history of marxism I'm not sure it's such a unique view. There are misogynists in all political spheres.

And, where is this guy getting his stats from? The divorce rate is no-where near 80% (closer to 40%) and guess, what, bozo? It's actually been decreasing since 1980. (source US census data- you know real data)

A top comment:

Common sense. Feminism is a lie promoted by capitalist marketers in the 1960's who wanted to tax the "other half" of the population; they couldn't care less if children suffer and families are utterly destroyed by this "mental poison." They use college to get to these young, impressionable girls. Now we enjoy an near-80% divorce rate.

Our grandmothers were real women

Whoever the person who left this comment is, they are not a communist, and have never spent time discussing things with communists. This is what someone thinks a communist might say.

To point out the obvious, I am not JFC and she will be able to shred this once she sees this and stops laughing long enough. I'll just give this the old college try for now in her absence. Some of the most significant older men and women in my life are either Marxists or Marxist sympathizers. No way is that quote synthesis of communist thought. What some Marxists do say is that capitalism does make attempts to hijack the feminist movement by having feminists fight for "false gods" like trying to be 50% of company CEOs, worrying about 1st world career track feminist at the expense of feminists of different classes and life experiences. Marxists in theory are 100% behind the equality of women, but they do not believe in wasting time on making corporate capitalism better for some women at the expense of the majority of women.

A sad ETA, yes there are misogynists in Marxism as there are in any aspect of philosophical governing bodies. Unfortunately, its not just religious fundies who will dip their toe in that pool. The difference being, in Marxist thought and philosophy, women are of the same value as men, in that all are worker imbued with rights.

Disclaimer: I am not a Marxist, but I argue with a few regularly.

So the guy in the vid basically dismisses all feminists as being middle class brats with Oedipal complexes trying to get even with daddy. Because in the history of the feminist movement, there have never been working class, poor, or agrarian women fighting for equal rights and protection under the law. Which is the definition of feminism, period, the end.

The guy in the vid is an educated idiot. :evil-eye:

Archived