IGNORED

Bloggers

crazyforkate

I know we have an FJ personal blogs thread. Let's talk about blogging itself, though. How often do you update yours? Are they well-viewed? Any tips on writing, marketing or assorted blog things?

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have my own blog, "Popcorn In My Bra" where I wrote mostly about pop culture, arts and entertainment. Sometimes I diverged and wrote about Generation X, social issues and crafting/domesticity. I haven't written for it in over a year. Here is a link:

http://popcorninmybra.blogspot.com/

Writing a blog is a lot of fun, but it's also a lot of work, especially if you are not writing about solely yourself and your personal life. I always had this idea I would write three blog posts a week, but I was lucky if I could update once a week.

I don't have any sound advice other than find a topic that really interests you and go for it. Be focused on writing interesting, entertaining and well-written posts. I have no problem with marketing and branding one's blog but first lay a foundation of quality work. Marketing, branding, social media, etc., can be positive things but don't use them as a substitute. Far too many bloggers do that and their blogs suck.

Yup, I have two blogs - To Celebrate Women (which is where I profile famous women) and The Sky Is Just the Sky (about my life in Russia, which hasn't actually started yet but never mind). The former was just revived after two years of inactivity, and I've learned to be way more casual about it - regular updating caused a LOT of anxiety, and in the end I do it for fun, not for readers or making some kind of money off it. That applies even more with my second blog - it is pretty much just for recording thoughts and getting some writing practice and will probably have like 3 readers ever. Oh well.

• 1 month later...

I'm considering starting a new blog devoted book reviews. I've already written two reviews, and I'm working on another. However, I can't come up with a name for the blog. Well, I have come up with several but they seem to be taken by the Interwebs and the blogosphere. Can anybody come up with any ideas? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Archived