IGNORED

VF intern opportunities!

Mary C Doates

Are you (or could you potentially be) a Godly young man looking for sweet fellowship with manly men? Are you yearning for the opportunity to learn how to take dominion over various animate and inanimate objects? Would you like to cultivate a wide stance and wear jaunty hats? Would like to sit on at the knee of Doug Phillips (who is a tool) as he shares his toolishness) wisdom with you? Well, look no further:

Apply Now for Vision Forum 2013 Fall Internships!!

I was incredibly blessed by the opportunity to serve as a Vision Forum intern. The business skills and experience gained from working for a Christian company whose mission is the advancement of the kingdom were invaluable. Serving with and learning from men who fear God spurred me on to serve Christ with a renewed zeal. The relationships I gained were encouraging and inspiring. I highly recommend the Vision Forum internship.

—Benjamin Lenz, Class of 2012, General Track

Vision Forum is pleased to announce that our next internships begin in October 2013! These internships - which emphasize biblical manhood, practical business skills, and preparation for Christian leadership - are available to Christian, home-educated young men who possess a servant's spirit, a teachable heart, and a desire to work hard serving a ministry devoted to the restoration of the Christian family.

General Track Internship

Vision Forum is now accepting applications for its general track internship , which will run for approximately six months - October 7, 2013, through March 28, 2014. Our general track exposes interns to a wide range of opportunities to serve the Lord with us at Vision Forum. Interns in the general track will typically gain experience in the operations of warehousing, customer service, record-keeping, marketing, and general business. Interns may also be assigned special research projects and receive additional instruction in classroom and hands-on environments as well. Those who excel in their responsibilities may also receive employment opportunities with Vision Forum. A small monthly stipend will be granted to accepted applicants to assist with basic living expenses. Application deadline is August 30, 2013. Click here (visionforum.com/about/opportunities/internships/default.aspx) for more information and to download an application.

Creative Media Internship

Vision Forum is now accepting applications for a creative media internship , which will run for approximately six months - October 7, 2013, through March 28, 2014. Interns who excel in their responsibilities may receive employment opportunities with Vision Forum. The desired applicant will have a strong interest and pre-existing skills in the areas of graphic design and/or Web development. This is a wonderful opportunity to get right into the middle of the work of a highly creative ministry while serving and learning. A small monthly stipend will be granted to accepted applicants to assist with basic living expenses. Application deadline is August 30, 2013 . Visit our website to learn more about Vision Forum's creative media team and how to apply for the upcoming internship.

Information Technology Internship

Vision Forum is now accepting applications for an information technology internship , which will run for approximately six months - October 7, 2013, through March 28, 2014. Interns who excel in their responsibilities may receive employment opportunities. The desired applicant will have an interest and pre-existing skills in the areas of computer maintenance, network administration, and various Microsoft-related technologies. A small monthly stipend will be granted to accepted applicants to assist with basic living expenses. Application deadline is August 30, 2013. Visit our website to learn more about Vision Forum's information technology department and how to apply for the upcoming internship.

Commendations from Former Interns

My time as a Vision Forum intern has been a tremendous blessing to me. Learning from the godly men at Vision Forum has been life changing. The instruction I have been given, and the example that the men set forth, strengthened my desire to serve the Lord in everything I do. I cannot express enough my appreciation for the time I have been able to spend here. I highly recommend Vision Forum's internship to any young man who has a desire to serve the Lord.

—Jonathan Maness, Class of 2010, General Track

The opportunity to learn from men who understand the business world, and strive to approach it with a biblical worldview, is an experience which has transformed the way I approach my work ethic. I would never trade the experience I had working with a staff which is charitable, gracious, and dedicated to service and discipleship.

—Kurtis Amundson, Class of 2010, Creative Media Track

Click Here (visionforum.com/about/opportunities/default.aspx) for Additional Information, Application Forms,

And Commendations from Former Interns

Send completed applications to:

The Vision Forum, Inc.

Attn: Internship Applications

4719 Blanco Rd.

San Antonio, TX 78212

Or email your completed application to: interns@visionforum.com

Hi, current and future interns!

I'd like to know what the graduated interns do for a living--exactly what their job responsibilities are, for whom they work, and how much they earn.

I know they are a religious org but can they specify that these positions are male only?

I work for a state-operated residential treatment program. There are situations where a job posting may specify a applicant be of a specific gender, such as female staff when the position involves bathing and performing personal hygiene tasks for female residents. Under this type of circumstance, gender-restricted positions are considered legal, at least in this geographical area.

In Doug Phillips (who is a tool)'s case, you are required to have a penis to qualify for most (all?) positions at VF, because THE LORD and/or Doug Phillips (who is a tool) has/have decreed that men are THE LORD's earthly representative, chosen to take dominion over the world and all its "lesser" creatures, i.e., women. Why would you waste education and internships and stuff on women who are designated by THE LORD and/or Doug Phillips (who is a tool) to be subservient to men? Women don't need book-learning and job training when their destiny is to cook, clean, birth an army of mighty Christian warriors, home-school, and gaze worshipfully as their husband imparts his wisdom.

Did I mention that Doug Phillips is a tool?

I'd like to know what the graduated interns do for a living--exactly what their job responsibilities are, for whom they work, and how much they earn.

They become Bradrick! Manly men who do manly things with other manly men! They go on Hazardous Adventures and take dominion over the universe (or at least ants). Who could put a price on that?!

Or they go on to running the PA system and copier at their local church...but they do it in a manly way, taking dominion over the cords and toner cartridge.

Ooops! Edited to add that Doug Phiilips is a tool.

Quick question.

Is Doug Phillips a tool?

TIA!

When isn't Doug Phillips a tool? When a tool would be useful.

In the past I have received a few emails from interns. Knowledge of spelling and grammar is not a requirement for the position.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

In the past I have received a few emails from interns. Knowledge of spelling and grammar is not a requirement for the position.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I believe the primary (sole?) qualification is a penis. And a photo (but not a photo of said penis--that is

the qualification to run for NYC Mayor).

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Strange, but I didn't see "very oral bottom" as an intern requirement. I guess Dougie doesn't want anyone competing for his "position"?

One of the former interns giving "commendations" (Huh?), Kurtis Amundson, has a blog. I'm assuming it's the same guy, because he linked to a Hazardous Journey to Burma. Anyway, it seems young Kurtis is quite the crafter. He shows off his home made thank you cards and cake pops on his blog. It all turned out quite nice, and if he's enjoying himself, I say go for it. Something tells me that Doug Phillips is a tool wouldn't think his crafting was manly. Dougie would think he needs to do more pushups. Shirtless. And covered in baby oil.

Kurtis is giving me James Haven vibes.

kurtisamundson.com/

eta: The other former intern who gave a commendation is Jonathan Maness. He's currently the logistics coordinator for The Tool's Hazardous Journey in Burma. Wasn't Sippy Cup the Logistics Coordinator on the manly sweaty Amazonian romp?

So as you can see, being a VF intern has its' priveleges(for Dougie) and can take a man far in his life and career. :lol:

It's better than NCFFIC. Their interns have to pay for the privilege of boarding. Scott Brown just happens to own the building. What generous, giving ppl those fundies are.

One of the former interns giving "commendations" (Huh?), Kurtis Amundson, has a blog. I'm assuming it's the same guy, because he linked to a Hazardous Journey to Burma. Anyway, it seems young Kurtis is quite the crafter. He shows off his home made thank you cards and cake pops on his blog. It all turned out quite nice, and if he's enjoying himself, I say go for it. Something tells me that Doug Phillips is a tool wouldn't think his crafting was manly. Dougie would think he needs to do more pushups. Shirtless. And covered in baby oil.

Kurtis is giving me James Haven vibes.

kurtisamundson.com/

eta: The other former intern who gave a commendation is Jonathan Maness. He's currently the logistics coordinator for The Tool's Hazardous Journey in Burma. Wasn't Sippy Cup the Logistics Coordinator on the manly sweaty Amazonian romp?

So as you can see, being a VF intern has its' priveleges(for Dougie) and can take a man far in his life and career. :lol:

Yeah, hopefully he can continue with the crafting and isn't shamed out of it by Doug Phillips is a tool. He hasn't posted in a couple of years and in my imaginary dream world I like to think that's because he's escaped his VF internship and fundiedom to pursue crafting full time.

I work for a state-operated residential treatment program. There are situations where a job posting may specify a applicant be of a specific gender, such as female staff when the position involves bathing and performing personal hygiene tasks for female residents. Under this type of circumstance, gender-restricted positions are considered legal, at least in this geographical area.

In Doug Phillips (who is a tool)'s case, you are required to have a penis to qualify for most (all?) positions at VF, because THE LORD and/or Doug Phillips (who is a tool) has/have decreed that men are THE LORD's earthly representative, chosen to take dominion over the world and all its "lesser" creatures, i.e., women. Why would you waste education and internships and stuff on women who are designated by THE LORD and/or Doug Phillips (who is a tool) to be subservient to men? Women don't need book-learning and job training when their destiny is to cook, clean, birth an army of mighty Christian warriors, home-school, and gaze worshipfully as their husband imparts his wisdom.

Did I mention that Doug Phillips is a tool?

I'd be rather surprised if Doug Phillips (is a tool) were allowed to discriminate based on gender. The example you gave is a pretty common and accepted exception to anti-discrimination legislation, but that's not the same as giving employers free reign to restrict applicants based on gender. VF's based in Texas, isn't it? Does anyone know about gender and discrimination in Texas employment law?

:nothing: to say that Doug Phillips is a tool. :music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool:

I'd be rather surprised if Doug Phillips (is a tool) were allowed to discriminate based on gender. The example you gave is a pretty common and accepted exception to anti-discrimination legislation, but that's not the same as giving employers free reign to restrict applicants based on gender. VF's based in Texas, isn't it? Does anyone know about gender and discrimination in Texas employment law?

Firstly, I am delighted to announce that Doug Phillips is a tool.

Secondly, don't religious organisations get special privileges when it comes to gender discrimination stuff? There are plenty of denominations that won't allow women to preach or teach or hold any other position of authority.

I believe the primary (sole?) qualification is a penis. And a photo (but not a photo of said penis--that is

the qualification to run for NYC Mayor).

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Oh, I dunno. I think a nice dick pic might get you into the special early admission track for the program, especially if Doug Phillips is a tool is reviewing the applications himself ;)

My 12 year old has pre-existing skills in deleting facebook comments AND a penis. I guess that qualifies him for the creative media internship.

Archived