IGNORED

Fundies with facebook and handouts

homeschoolmomma1

HI everyone! It has been awhile again. I am in Prince Edward Island with the family. Anyway, I was looking at my facebook and a fundie lady I know is traveling with her fundie girls to some place (I don't know why). They have 11 kids and 3 with the Lord. I don't know why she is going down south, but she misses her lover aka husband. She wants to show the girls where she was married and her husbands miltary base

That is fine. my only issue is... do these people never preplan? She posts on facebook. Should we sleep in hospital parking lot or Walmart parking lot? No cheap motels have space and she needs sleep since she drive 18 hours on 2 hours of sleep. She then goes on about how she needs a sponsor to see the base. Before that she wined she wouldn't be able to go. :violin:

Then miracles of miracles someone gives them money for a better hotel and someone will be her sponsor on the base. Of course she thanks the dear friends and the Lord for coming to the rescue. Honestly I believe in God, but sometimes God is too busy to book hotel rooms. Let's face facts. someone felt sorry for them.

I mean preplan your dang trip! If you know you need sleep. Book a hotel in advance. If I remember correctly the Duggars do the same thing. Drive around until they find a place. It is summer... hotels are full. Sorry I am ranting.

Have you seen Fundies do stuff like this? Would love to read some stories

HI everyone! It has been awhile again. I am in Prince Edward Island with the family. Anyway, I was looking at my facebook and a fundie lady I know is traveling with her fundie girls to some place (I don't know why). They have 11 kids and 3 with the Lord. I don't know why she is going down south, but she misses her lover aka husband. She wants to show the girls where she was married and her husbands miltary base

That is fine. my only issue is... do these people never preplan? She posts on facebook. Should we sleep in hospital parking lot or Walmart parking lot? No cheap motels have space and she needs sleep since she drive 18 hours on 2 hours of sleep. She then goes on about how she needs a sponsor to see the base. Before that she wined she wouldn't be able to go. :violin:

Then miracles of miracles someone gives them money for a better hotel and someone will be her sponsor on the base. Of course she thanks the dear friends and the Lord for coming to the rescue. Honestly I believe in God, but sometimes God is too busy to book hotel rooms. Let's face facts. someone felt sorry for them.

I mean preplan your dang trip! If you know you need sleep. Book a hotel in advance. If I remember correctly the Duggars do the same thing. Drive around until they find a place. It is summer... hotels are full. Sorry I am ranting.

Have you seen Fundies do stuff like this? Would love to read some stories

That's weird. Unless it's very different in Canada, dependents shouldn't need a sponsor (other than the military member) to get on base.

I'm sure they consider it "depending on the Lord."

Oh I'm sorry her husband is no longer active. Has been out for awhile. She just wanted to show the girls where they got married and stuff

Oh I'm sorry her husband is no longer active. Has been out for awhile. She just wanted to show the girls where they got married and stuff

In the US, you can get a retired military ID. Spouces can also get one along with minor children. This lets you have access to the base and the services on base.

I don't understand why someone would go on this type of trip without a plan.

In the US, you can get a retired military ID. Spouces can also get one along with minor children. This lets you have access to the base and the services on base.

That depends on if the servicemember actually retired with X number of years, usually at least 20. If he or she only put in a 3-5 year stint, there are no 'retirement' benefits. That said, even if this person isn't eligible in that way for a retired military ID, all they have to do to get on base is go to the gate or pass office and get a visitor's pass. No need for a sponsor. :think:

/raised Navy, married Navy. LOL. :lol:

I don't understand why someone would go on this type of trip without a plan.

Because Jesus will take the wheel. ;)

I am ANNOYED by how she is posting on Facebook they are now at a dangerous part of town at a Walmart sleeping! Plus she is crying because back when they first got married she should have been a better wife and mother. She turned Fundie. I am sure that is what she is referring to

LOVED the Jesus takes the wheel part :)

Don't want to get in an argument about sponsors or no sponsors but the Navy Base that I work at requires a sponsor if you don't have a Rapid Gate, CAC Card or Military ID (active/retired/dependent). You can't just say you want to "visit". There is a commissary and NEX on base so non service members enter the base regularly.

I do find it very strange that a mom with children would just head out on a trip of this sort and not have any plans for lodging. It is a very obvious way of getting others to pay for your trip.

I am in Prince Edward Island with the family.

Why are you posting on FJ while you are at Prince Edward Island? lol I was there once. It's so nice. Get outside and go swimming!

Don't want to get in an argument about sponsors or no sponsors but the Navy Base that I work at requires a sponsor if you don't have a Rapid Gate, CAC Card or Military ID (active/retired/dependent). You can't just say you want to "visit". There is a commissary and NEX on base so non service members enter the base regularly.

I do find it very strange that a mom with children would just head out on a trip of this sort and not have any plans for lodging. It is a very obvious way of getting others to pay for your trip.

You may be right--I got to thinking about it after I posted and realised I haven't had to try to get on base without an ID since well before 9/11. :embarrassed:

I also get very annoyed when Fundies whine and post on facebook/blogs about their poorly planned trips/vacations/attending weddings/ attending/funerals/etc where they will have to sleep in a van or a parking lot or whatever and then proceed to"praise God" when some poor sucker donates money to them.

Although there are true emergency circumstances, a trip to visit a military base to show your kids where you got married is not an emergency. So many Fundies are against welfare and food stamps, yet they are the first to accept "charitable donations" to their own "worthy causes"....grrr.

Here's a thought, SAVE MONEY IN ADVANCE AND PLAN YOUR TRIP LIKE THE REST OF US. :o Then you can praise God all you want for allowing you to spend your hard earned/saved money on a nice trip for your family.

Why are you posting on FJ while you are at Prince Edward Island? lol I was there once. It's so nice. Get outside and go swimming!

Because it was nighttime when I posted lol. Plus we go go go all day on the island. This is the first time I have been online in a week. :) Trust me I have seen the island.

I also get very annoyed when Fundies whine and post on facebook/blogs about their poorly planned trips/vacations/attending weddings/ attending/funerals/etc where they will have to sleep in a van or a parking lot or whatever and then proceed to"praise God" when some poor sucker donates money to them.

Although there are true emergency circumstances, a trip to visit a military base to show your kids where you got married is not an emergency. So many Fundies are against welfare and food stamps, yet they are the first to accept "charitable donations" to their own "worthy causes"....grrr.

Here's a thought, SAVE MONEY IN ADVANCE AND PLAN YOUR TRIP LIKE THE REST OF US. :o Then you can praise God all you want for allowing you to spend your hard earned/saved money on a nice trip for your family.

Sad thing is... they know to work it so it 'looks' like they never plan when really they planned for handouts :angry-banghead:

It's fine if fundies want to save money and sleep in cars and all that. I'm all for cheap vacations. It's just damn annoying when they carry on this martyred existence looking for handouts. These same fundies complain about welfare while essentially begging for money. I guess it's ok because handouts are true charity whereas government welfare is really thievery. However, much of welfare goes towards food and housing and healthcare, not vacations and "evangelizing". Did Jesus mention helping the hapless vacationer and sheltering the poorly planned trip-goers? Or was it about feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless and all that jazz? I don't think fundies know......

Because it was nighttime when I posted lol. Plus we go go go all day on the island. This is the first time I have been online in a week. :) Trust me I have seen the island.

I wish I was there. The beach is our friend. lol

You may be right--I got to thinking about it after I posted and realized I haven't had to try to get on base without an ID since well before 9/11. :embarrassed:

No need to be embarrassed, I just didn't want someone driving up to a base and asking for a visitor pass without the knowledge. You won't believe what a major PIA it is now. I had my MIL in an Air Force Hospital for almost a month, she was in ICU and had multiple close calls that resulted in us rushing to the hospital in the middle of the night. Every time we needed to stop drag out registration/insurance and driver licenses. This was in 2003 so close to 9/11, having to stop for a background check and day pass every time you need to visit a relative in the hospital was a royal pain. They even had to look up to be sure she was a patient every time. Before 9/11 we could just go on base and get what we needed, after 9/11 and 100% ID checks the world changed.

No need to be embarrassed, I just didn't want someone driving up to a base and asking for a visitor pass without the knowledge. You won't believe what a major PIA it is now. I had my MIL in an Air Force Hospital for almost a month, she was in ICU and had multiple close calls that resulted in us rushing to the hospital in the middle of the night. Every time we needed to stop drag out registration/insurance and driver licenses. This was in 2003 so close to 9/11, having to stop for a background check and day pass every time you need to visit a relative in the hospital was a royal pain. They even had to look up to be sure she was a patient every time. Before 9/11 we could just go on base and get what we needed, after 9/11 and 100% ID checks the world changed.

Believe me, I'm glad you said something. Especially after reading about your experience. What a nightmare! :shock:

Why does this fundie lady post stuff on Facebook that has so many grammar issues I have to reread it 5 times to sort of understand it? Sadly she homeschools...

Why not plan ahead like the rest of us? Because she'd have to take responsibility and make choices like an adult, and she'd rather act helpless (which, granted, fundie womenfolk are conditioned to do) and then give all the glory to god when the prayed-for miracle comes through. This behavior really makes me fume.

Sort of related to this behavior is when fundies refuse to take credit for accomplishments or anything good that happens them. Ex: fundie finds an awesome parking spot right in front of Target? Praise Jesus! Couldn't be luck, or super ninja parking skils, nope. Or the fundie who aces an exam or job interview? Thank you Jesus! Couldn't be that they studied hard or they are the perfect candidate for the job, right? It's like they cannot take credit or say, "Good job, self." False humility, or fear of getting jinxed for taking credit from god, or whatever--it's the other side of the God is My Travel Agent coin, so to speak. Or maybe it's all about lacking an internal locus of control, and falling hard for fundamentalism. Argh.

Archived