IGNORED

Zimmerman didn't save a family from a burning SUV after all

Stephanie66

http://ivn.us/penigma/2013/07/25/george ... e-a-fraud/

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you.

The initial report was that George Zimmerman was ‘just coincidentally’ driving by after a car accident occurred, that he leaped out of his vehicle to come to the rescue of the family of four trapped inside as the vehicle caught fire, pulling them to safety. That was followed by the claim that the family he rescued had planned a press event to thank George Zimmerman, but that they canceled due to threats from Trayvon Martin supporters.

It appears they may have canceled the event because they did not want to be part of the fraud of making Zimmerman out to be a hero, when that story was not precisely true.

snippity snip, but all relevant. There was a previous relationship between the cop at the scene and Zimmerman. He called Zimmerman and told him to come and pose, basically.

We have no independent verification that Zimmerman was even there, much less that he did anything heroic. No photos, no cell phone video, no police video, no other people who were present as indicated by the 911 calls that support that Zimmerman was there, or did what was claimed – that he pulled people from a flaming car wreck.

Disgusting, trying to capitalize on someone else's misfortune, especially fraudulently. Even if he really had rescued people from a burning car, there's really no need for the fanfare and press release. I'm glad the people are okay, and good for them for refusing to take part in this attempted fraud.

Yuck.

He got away with murder. If he had any self-respect at all, he'd slink away and live out the rest of his life quietly and out of the limelight.

Meh. When this first happened, I said, "Even if he DID save a family, he still killed Trayvon." He could run around doing good deeds ala Cory Booker/Ryan Goseling style for the rest of his life, but he still has blood on his hands.

Meh. When this first happened, I said, "Even if he DID save a family, he still killed Trayvon." He could run around doing good deeds ala Cory Booker/Ryan Goseling style for the rest of his life, but he still has blood on his hands.

This. I'm also really bothered by the fact that he hasn't shown remorse or sympathy towards the Martin parents. We can't forget that interview where he said killing Trayvon was "God's plan".

This. I'm also really bothered by the fact that he hasn't shown remorse or sympathy towards the Martin parents. We can't forget that interview where he said killing Trayvon was "God's plan".

Word. Wasn't God's plan. God's plan was probably to keep his ass in the car and not destroy a life and cause all this uproar.

I'm glad that one juror is now speaking out. It's nice to know she didn't want to convict him, but understood the law. Drives me insane when people just say they should have convicted him anyway.

Whether he actually saved a family from an SUV or it is a manufactures story, it is totally consistent with what appears to be his personality. He is a wannbe superhero with boundary issues.

Whether he actually saved a family from an SUV or it is a manufactures story, it is totally consistent with what appears to be his personality. He is a *dangerous* wannbe superhero with boundary issues.

Added that for you.

Re the Salon article: You don't have to have to have a police scanner to hear the dispatches where I live. I have a Roku and all I have to do is tune into the right channel and Bob's your uncle. I've used it during severe thunderstorms. They're rare here and I am desperately afraid of fire ;)

He needs to show some remorse for killing Trayvon before I can even begin to change how I feel even the slightest about him. No more of the "it was God's plan" bullshit.

It seems that Zimmerman has a hero complex. In some cases, this can be good. He'd probably be the one that would jump into danger to save someone. However, in many situations this is very dangerous. Trayvon fit Zimmerman's idea of a dangerous person. It didn't matter if Trayvon was dangerous or not. The reason that Zimmerman followed Trayvon-which seems so unnecessary to most of us-is because Zimmerman wanted to be a hero.

Jumping into danger to save someone is only good if you're trained to do so and generally competent, level-headed and self-aware. Otherwise you're just going to fuck shit up, make the situation worse and/or make someone save YOU as well.

An Ohio gun club raised $12,000 to donate to Zimmerman to buy more guns: http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/07/26/ ... gun-group/ Honest to god you can't can't make this shit up. This guy shoots an unarmed teenager for no good reason, so the gun nuts rush to give him money for more guns. There is something very wrong with this country.

So he can kill more people for walking while black?

Yuck.

He got away with murder. If he had any self-respect at all, he'd slink away and live out the rest of his life quietly and out of the limelight.

This Times 1,000!

This Times 1,000!

Yep and the latest news is that he got stopped for speeding and informed the officer that he was carrying a weapon. If I had killed a child (and a 17-year-old is still a child) I would have been so horrified that I would never trust myself with firearms again. I was so livid that I posted something about it on my FB. Naturally some of my old high school "friends" jumped on the NRA wagon and started accusing Trayvon of being a drug-dealing thug. I am so livid and speechless I can't even think straight and I won't comment because I don't want to get into a discussion with idiots. I guess these friends think that the news is getting it wrong and that their sources regarding how skittles are used to make drugs are right. They completely missed the point which is, "What is a guy like Zimmerman doing still carrying a gun." I think he's paranoid as hell and I hope that the Feds can bring him up on charges and make them stick, which won't happen. Sorry for the rant. I was so upset for the unanswered death of a child, I couldn't think straight. I wish someone smarter than me would answer them and shut them up but of course they will never shut up. My FB page is https://www.facebook.com/dlindstrom. Friend me if you like and respond!

Jumping into danger to save someone is only good if you're trained to do so and generally competent, level-headed and self-aware. Otherwise you're just going to fuck shit up, make the situation worse and/or make someone save YOU as well.

Yeah, this is true. This is why they tell you not to try to use a fire extinguisher unless you have been trained. Zimmerman wants nothing but glory for himself and he's the last person I would want trying to rescue me.

The thing I am hoping for is that Zimmerman fucks up enough to be charged with... something. (Not killing someone; he's done enough of that.) And he goes to trial and gets the maximum sentence, like they did with OJ. There's no way OJ would have gotten the time he did if he hadn't gotten off before.

Yeah, this is true. This is why they tell you not to try to use a fire extinguisher unless you have been trained. Zimmerman wants nothing but glory for himself and he's the last person I would want trying to rescue me.

Agree!!

Zimmerman should just disappear. I am so sick of hearing about this guy and his narcissistic, psychopathic bullshit. He seems to have no remorse about killing Trayvon. Damn, I accidentally poked my niece in the eye once and I still feel bad about it.

Archived