IGNORED

Gay marriage now legal in UK

ILoveJellybeans

Not quite.

It will be by next year. Its passed the house of lords and now goes back to commons. Any amendments will be tagged on and debated and then it will be signed into law.

Not quite.

It will be by next year. Its passed the house of lords and now goes back to commons. Any amendments will be tagged on and debated and then it will be signed into law.

I was about to say this. On the other hand, passing the House of Lords is a pretty big step in the right direction. That deserves a definite if premature Yaaaaay!!!! :D

I'm now confused I thought gays could already marry in the UK

Oops edited to say it looks like its was just Scotland but now England and Wales as well, well from next year.

As an American who's an European royalist fan, I made up this quote: "As an American, I may admire the queen, but never wish to be ruled by a monarch..." I might just change my mind. ;) God save the queen!

As an American who's an European royalist fan, I made up this quote: "As an American, I may admire the queen, but never wish to be ruled by a monarch..." I might just change my mind. ;) God save the queen!

The queen has fuck all to do with it. She has no powers, its just symbolic.

The queen has fuck all to do with it. She has no powers, its just symbolic.

I know she's symbolic, Sola. What I mean is that conservative Americans think we're so much better than those countries who have symbolic monarchs because we have the American Constitution and freedom!!! Yeah, some people are more free have priveleges that need to be rights for all than others... :roll:

Sorry, its just seeing dog save the queen grates. It brings out my inner rabid communist.

Once again, it shows how backasswards many states in the US are, especially those who are bitter about the SCOTUS decision with Prop H8 and DOMA. :banana-rainbow: :gay-rainbow: :ymca: :happy-wavemulticolor:

People on my facebook are acting like the Queen is responsible for this. :evil-eye:

Archived