IGNORED

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Witsec4

Just finished this book, and liked it, but what really struck me was the vintage photographs that tied into the story line. One, in particular, really stood out. Now, maybe I've been lurking on this site too much, but this pic, to me, looks just like Jinger. With messed-up hair. Holding a chicken.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82329524@N00/416425661/

Thoughts?

• 1 year later...

So much for the idea that life was better and easier in the past. At least now Jinger doesn't have to carry around a chicken. I'm on the waiting list for the book at my library. Looking forward to it.

Loved it, but thought the cliffhanger ending was awfully manipulative. There are plenty of books in series where the story continues in the next book, but each has an internal wrap-up to the extent that they can stand on their own. I felt as though the author was emulating a season-ender to a TV show... i.e., "tune in next time," to sell more copies of the next one.

I loooved this book. I think I'm going to read it again, because I can't find any other books that really intrigued me this much. I love the feel of the story, it's pretty awesome. Also love the photos, especially the cover!

Just finished this book, and liked it, but what really struck me was the vintage photographs that tied into the story line. One, in particular, really stood out. Now, maybe I've been lurking on this site too much, but this pic, to me, looks just like Jinger. With messed-up hair. Holding a chicken.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82329524@N00/416425661/

Thoughts?

Crap I thought that was a young Wolfie with her first chicken :o

• 2 weeks later...

That book was amazing. I'm so glad I have a 12 year old cousin I can pretend I'm buying these for/pass them on to when I'm done.

Archived