IGNORED

The heat and the Duggars

homeschoolmomma1

I don't even know if the Duggars are in Arkansas but do you think the Duggars are keeping the kids safe in all this heat. Today Arkansas feels like 114 degrees. I can't imagine if they are walking around with litttle Josie in that heat.

I mean I would hope the Duggars would be smart enough to keep the kids hydrated and inside.

I would love to drive by the house just to see how many little Duggars are outside

The house does always seem to be well heated/cooled. You never see them sweating or wearing layers of sweaters. My guess is they took a road trip to some lake to go modest swimming.

Good grief! There's been heat throughout history and kids lived--even without dire warning of dehydration! I'm sure the Duggars are fine. They have Air Conditioning--and so do all their vehicles.

Good grief! There's been heat throughout history and kids lived--even without dire warning of dehydration! I'm sure the Duggars are fine. They have Air Conditioning--and so do all their vehicles.

and most places ON (not in) earth don't have AC... :x

We spent about 3 years in Florida when I was a kid, and I don't remember the heat bothering me. We spent *hours* outside every day, in the sun and in the shade.

Now that I'm grown, I will never, never move to Florida. We had a heat index of 105 a few weeks ago, and I nearly died. I don't know how people survived without A/C for all those thousands of years. But they did.

If the Duggar kids can handle the heat and get to spend time outside during the summer, more power to them. I hate being cooped up inside, but I'm a melty weakling.

They're fine. Nobody is out doing anything. (Although I was at a ball tournament all weekend, outside in the heat, but we had plenty of shade and a cooling station.) The grass is crunchy dead, and all the trees are droopy; some have yellow leaves. But we had a little rain this morning.

Yes, and throughout history kids have frequently died for all kinds of reasons. Sure, plenty of kids lived or else we would be extinct, but plenty of them also died until pretty recently.

Also, people who live in a society without A/C know how to handle the heat. They design their buildings to stay cool, and kids learn from a very early age how to stay safer. Even their cultural practices adapt to stay out of the worst of the heat. A lot of the really hottest places take afternoon breaks when everyone relaxes. So they still do things to protect themselves that the Duggars might not know to do.

Yes, and throughout history kids have frequently died for all kinds of reasons. Sure, plenty of kids lived or else we would be extinct, but plenty of them also died until pretty recently.

Also, people who live in a society without A/C know how to handle the heat. They design their buildings to stay cool, and kids learn from a very early age how to stay safer. Even their cultural practices adapt to stay out of the worst of the heat. A lot of the really hottest places take afternoon breaks when everyone relaxes. So they still do things to protect themselves that the Duggars might not know to do.

has ATI/Gothard issued a policy on staying cool? If not, and its not in the bible... they may not know! :?

They may not be the brightest bulb in the hood but they have lived in Arkansas for at least 30 years and Jim Bob has been raised there... I think we can credit them with knowing when to go out in the heat or not.

I don't even know if the Duggars are in Arkansas but do you think the Duggars are keeping the kids safe in all this heat. Today Arkansas feels like 114 degrees. I can't imagine if they are walking around with litttle Josie in that heat.

I mean I would hope the Duggars would be smart enough to keep the kids hydrated and inside.

I would love to drive by the house just to see how many little Duggars are outside

I don't know about hydrated but I think they do keep their kids inside. There was that one episode last year where they were taking pictures outside and put them off to right before the sun went down because of the heat.

ETA: I also still say that it being so hot in Arkansas since late May could have been one of the reasons why Anna felt like going on trip to NY and the book tour. And thank goodness, she had the baby in early June. Having to be pregnant down there right now and through out the summer has to be a nightmare.

Archived